CF Racer1 Road Delivered Today

I got new tires for mine but haven’t put them on yet. The tires on the bike are excellent and the rolling resistance is very low. It just rolls and rolls and rolls. Grip is excellent. They are skinny but I may just keep them on for now. Replace them once I need new tires.
Nice. I got the Gravel, and swapped out for road skinny tires.

Nice. I got the Gravel, and swapped out for road skinny tires.
Mine is the road version. I got Schwalbe Super Moto’s but in 700X38 vs the 700X32 that come on the bike. What size and tire did you buy if you don’t mind me asking?

Mine is the road version. I got Schwalbe Super Moto’s but in 700X38 vs the 700X32 that come on the bike. What size and tire did you buy if you don’t mind me asking?
After years of trying different tires and sizes, have switched all bikes to Continental Grand Prix 5000 tires in 28mm size, for a great balance of incredibly low rolling resistance, and decent puncture resistance. There is nothing else I’ve found that can beat these. For Gravel, Panaracer GravelKing EXTs, 33mm or higher, depending on frame clearance available.

After years of trying different tires and sizes, have switched all bikes to Continental Grand Prix 5000 tires in 28mm size, for a great balance of incredibly low rolling resistance, and decent puncture resistance. There is nothing else I’ve found that can beat these. For Gravel, Panaracer Pathfinder EXTs, 33mm or higher, depending on frame clearance available.
Good info, Thanks! The bike came with Schwalbe E-One tires in 700X32. Pleasantly surprised on how they performed. Going to keep them on until they need replacing.

Good info, Thanks! The bike came with Schwalbe E-One tires in 700X32. Pleasantly surprised on how they performed. Going to keep them on until they need replacing.
I corrected typo, I meant Panaracer GravelKing EXTs for gravel and dirt riding. Good plan to use until replacing.

I would love to see a pic with your new handlebars. Just what I need, another ebike!!
That was me too, but the new bike was too tempting, and turns out is really that good that it’s almost a must have, ha!

Btw, I’m normally a flat bar guy, but the drop bars are very comfortable and brake hood position good.

That was me too, but the new bike was too tempting, and turns out is really that good that it’s almost a must have, ha!

Btw, I’m normally a flat bar guy, but the drop bars are very comfortable and brake hood position good.
Yeah I’m not changing the handlebars. It’s too costly and a pita. I have the ergonomics set the way I like it. After todays ride the only upgrades I’ll be doing is to the drive train for better gearing and electric shifting.

Damn, I keep on waffling on purchasing this bike. Part of me wants to buy the bike right away, while another part of me want to wait a year to see if any problems come to the surface.
It's not like I really need another bike. I already have 3 ebikes and two regular bikes, including a very light carbon road bike.
Having said that, one more bike couldn't hurt, could it? :p

Damn, I keep on waffling on purchasing this bike. Part of me wants to buy the bike right away, while another part of me want to wait a year to see if any problems come to the surface.
It's not like I really need another bike. I already have 3 ebikes and two regular bikes, including a very light carbon road bike.
I have seven bikes including this one. Long term reliability is still a question but the parts are common and the bike is easily serviced. Nothing on here is unique or unusual. s*it a complete new battery is only $230.00. I say go for it!

I didn’t need this one either 😁, but I think they hit a home run with this design and price. Already donated one of my other bikes this year, to keep my self-imposed total down to four (two regular, two e-bikes).

I didn’t need this one either 😁, but I think they hit a home run with this design and price. Already donated one of my other bikes this year, to keep my self-imposed total down to four (two regular, two e-bikes).
One can never have too many bikes. I’m currently building a TI monster fat tire gravel bike. Next will be a super light street fighter bike. I have a disease for which there is no cure.

Reactions: PSm
One can never have too many bikes. I’m currently building a TI monster fat tire gravel bike. Next will be a super light street fighter bike. I have a disease for which there is no cure.
I hear you. I’m likely going to just be switching back and forth my regular single speed (16 lb track based Al frame/Carbon fork bike with freewheel) and the CF Racer. Though someday I want to get/build an ultra lightweight Ti single speed.

Conversion to SRAM NX/GX AXS is done! The GX shifter is temporarily mounted just for setup and tuning. The front brake lever hits it so I can’t ride the bike that way. I have some SRAM blips coming on Monday which I’ll mount on the underside of the flat part of the handlebars. They will be my main shifters. It all works nicely so now I have 11-50 gearing and electric wireless shifting. Eventually at some point I’ll convert to a flat MTB handlebar but that’s a ways out.

Attachments

• IMG_8600.jpeg
    IMG_8600.jpeg
    371.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_8601.jpeg
    IMG_8601.jpeg
    316 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_8602.jpeg
    IMG_8602.jpeg
    206.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8603.jpeg
    IMG_8603.jpeg