Rize Liberty 52v 1000w - journal

🎯 Bike Security
It's a tragedy when you cannot take your bike to an appointment because there is no-where to lock it up.
Bike racks should be mandatory around high traffic areas.

Last edited:
🧿 Rear Rack
I have contacted Rize via website to ask for suggestions regarding an upgrade for the rear rack.
⚙️ Rize Bikes (Rize Bikes)
Apr 15, 2022, 9:35 AM PDT
Hello G,
Hope you're doing well and thank you for contacting Rize bikes.
The pannier fits perfectly on the Liberty's rear rack. If you want it on both sides, you will need to purchase 2.
Unfortunately, we do not have any official recommendations for cargo racks as our frame is special to ours, but that doesn't mean there isn't a viable option out there.
I apologize we are unable to offer much help in this regard. Good luck!
Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, we would be happy to assist.
Kind regards,
Kevin

Rize Bikes

🔊 UPDATE: April 23, 2022
Learning to carry the tools to fix my bike on the go. I fixed my rack - again.
Kickstand lost a bolt. I fixed it. (by going back and looking for the bolt in the street)

What do you call a wipe out on a beach?
Sandy

I have 205km on the Liberty to date.

Last edited:
🇳🇵Forks

1. Materials
Chromoly

2. Steer tube Length
The fork height determines the front ride height of the bike.
A taller fork height would decrease the head tube angle = a more relaxed steering position
The shorter the fork the quicker the steering feel
315mm fork height is common with manufacturers
Different size wheels will require a different fork height
160mm - 180mm common for steer tube length
The longer the steer tube the heavier the fork

3. Offset/rake
Distance between the front axle and the centre of the fork leg
The shorter the fork off-set the closer the front wheel is to the rider and the rest of the bike.

4. Dropouts - common sizes
3/8 inch
14mm
20mm (race)
Size needs to match axle size of front hub.
eg. axle size 3/8 inch = use a 3/8 drop out fork.

Last edited:
🧿 Cargo Trailers
Just purchased an Aosom cargo trailer off of Amazon

🧿 Wish List
A Bikes At Work Cargo Trailer

🧿 Bike Gear
💠 three panniers (green, black and green camo)
💠 secondary battery for Liberty (battery arrived with wrong battery mount) - Rize
💠 thermometer x2
💠 bike trailer
💠 cargo netting large
💠 cargo netting small
💠 waterproof battery cover - Rad (I will get one for the secondary battery for Liberty when the correct battery mount arrives)
💠 display and controller - Area 13 - Rad Power Upgrade
💠 750w motor- Electro Bike world, Rad Power Upgrade
💠 chest mount for cell phone vlog
💠 bike rain cover
💠 ebike tester tool - Area 13
💠 front-mounted basket, Rad
💠 cargo net large - for trailer
💠 cargo net small - for front mounted basket, Rad
💠 black helmet - red/black helmet (came with two visors - yay)
💠 handlebar extender
💠 designer air valve caps for two bikes
💠 riding boots for this short rider. Must have a two inch platform. My cheap AliExpress platforms are at the end of their lives. They lasted Sept 2021 to June 2022. Soles are good, but the lady needs an upgrade. Demonia, Lamoda to the rescue

🔊 UPDATE: April 26, 2022 Rize shop text and email, notice that the secondary battery has been shipped
🔊 UPDATE: May 7, 2022. UPS requested international fees be paid for Electro Bike World motor delivery (for the Rad power upgrade) 22.00

Last edited:
💠 Secondary Battery - unboxing. Instructional video for mounting the battery is posted on page one of this thread.
💠 Thermometer arrived yesterday. Glued it to the Liberty with sticky crafting dots. Displays temp and moisture readings.

Rize tech support has been contacted via website contact form.

Attachments

• 20220430_111357.jpg
    20220430_111357.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 197
  • 20220430_112034.jpg
    20220430_112034.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 201
  • 20220430_112138.jpg
    20220430_112138.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 204
  • 20220430_111931.jpg
    20220430_111931.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 213
  • 20220430_124310.jpg
    20220430_124310.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 203
  • 20220430_124255.jpg
    20220430_124255.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️
🛠️ Rize Bikes (Rize Bikes)

May 2, 2022, 1:34 PM PDT

Hello G,

Thank you for your video submission.
I have forwarded this to our warranty and technical department to review.
They will get back to you as soon as they can regarding shipping you the correct battery bracket.

Keep in mind we operate through a queueing system and responses may take 1-3 days depending on volume.

Thank you for your anticipated patience and cooperation.

Kind regards,
Kevin

Rize Bikes (Rize Bikes)

May 4, 2022, 11:03 AM PDT

Good Afternoon G,

Thank you for letting us know you received the wrong mount.
Unfortunately it would seem we have run short on that style battery mount and are working to get some here as soon as we can.
Once we receive them we will send you one right away.
Sadly, at this time I do not have an estimated arrival date for them.

Best regards,

Craig
Warranty Technical Manager
Rize Bikes

Phoned Rize about this issue and told them I would phone them every day until I get the correct battery
mount or until I get reimbursed some money for this mix up.

Rize Bikes (Rize Bikes)

May 6, 2022, 3:45 PM PDT

Good Afternoon G,

We are having some airmailed in, they will arrive on this Monday or Tuesday. We will express ship it out that day to you.

Please understand that while it's very unfortunate that this did happen, we have been working hard to get it resolved quickly. So while we maybe calm in our demeaner, we are doing what we can to get this resolved. Because we do agree with you that it's not okay to have happen, but unfortunately things do not always go as planned.

So if everything goes according to plan you will receive it mid to late next week.

Best regards,

Craig
Rize Bikes
▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

Last edited:
🌬️ Been riding around in storms. The kind where you can't look beyond 6 feet (but that's stretching it - more like 2 feet, but that sounds too unsafe to admit to). Today is pretty stormy. The weight of the bike is not enough to make it safe to ride next to traffic. Luckily, my sack of potatoes helped. The flat of eggs made it. So next upgrade to the Liberty is to explore options for frame-less bike saddlebag system? Lesson learned. Another thing to look at when shopping for a bike is to dig into just how a set of saddle bags is going to fit, exactly? This is likely more important for people using bikes to replace a gas vehicle. I chose based on hilly terrain capabilities mainly. The new camo saddlebags that just came in today, rub against the rear wheel and in that case there will be wear in the bags in no time. A pannier rack system? Will look up if there is such a one. Unfortunately, my handy thermometer blew off today. Fortunately, I heard it hit the street and it is a side street, so no damage. That little thing is great. Even during a wet storm it reads 99% percent moisture/rain. I like that 1% left to chance of change. I can't verify the temp. read-out here, but I am satisfied that it is correct - give or take one degree.

🔊 UPDATE: May 6, 2022
I was on a hunt for material to fabricate my own pannier frame. Since I know how to measure, cut, and solder I was thinking of designing my own pannier frame for this bike and there are some good ideas for templates on line here and there. I was in a hardware store today looking for same and I spotted a tallish school locker shelf with the right design for the pannier frame. I bought it for 4.00 and the shelf fits perfectly down over the rack. The leg frames hold the pannier out away enough to keep the bags safe from rubbing against the tyre. It will suffice until I find something else. Having the framework there will make it easier to build onto this frame, when that time comes. Guess it could even still be used as a small table/shelf when needed? I used two cloth face masks stretched over to cover the leg frames. I joined the bottom seam. The short bungies help to prevent rocking.

🎭 General Admission

Attachments

• 20220506_194139.jpg
    20220506_194139.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 210
  • 20220506_194123.jpg
    20220506_194123.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 199
  • 20220506_194110.jpg
    20220506_194110.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 194
  • 20220508_195610.jpg
    20220508_195610.jpg
    312.9 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Still no battery mount for the secondary battery from Rize. Customer support said that they would ship it in a week and they did not. Secondary battery ordered in February as stated in my recorded post. I received the battery two months later with the wrong mounting bracket - the cord is too short to attach it to the Liberty battery outlet. This is utterly ridiculous.

June 1st. Propitiatory product fail.
Rize has not responded to phone message and website customer service request to cancel my order and return my money, and that I would send Rize back their battery (is that even legal?). Totally pissed at this company for advertising a product and then selling it without the product even being available at all.

Last edited:
Rize Bikes (Rize Bikes)

Jun 3, 2022, 10:58 AM PDT

Good Afternoon G,

We are sorry for the delay in getting you the battery mount, we have had continual logistical delays.

We are still expecting them to come in, and I am hoping to have them late next week, but sadly as much as I want to guarantee it I can not.

So there are two option we can provide for you.
  1. Wait just a little longer and we will send you the bracket as soon as we get them.
  2. If you repack the battery in it's original box and ship it to us we will be able to refund you the value of it minus a 15% restocking fee.
In regards to your account details, can you please let me know what needs to be changed.

Best regards,

Craig
Rize Bikes

Charging you a restocking fee is utter BS.
I am re-reading what I wrote and I want to add that I was pissed off. I am no longer pissed off. I understand shipping issues. As a customer I want to remain loyal and hopeful here. Much of my being pissed off was, I think, because I have some plans/goals hinging on getting that secondary battery mounted, like facing a personal challenge this summer to take this bike on a longer ride, ferry, meeting up with people, etc. etc. So, as usual, there is more that is happening when a customer gets this upset.

I had always tried to stay away from proprietary products just for this reason.

Last edited:
My question for Rize would be, ……”when does the warranty for the battery start?” If it already started, and you can’t use the battery because you don’t have the correct cable, then you certainly should be pissed.

j8rPuIq5uaDXcYU7iujdxDPQBjFqIliuZ4y40vXSRtbWvX01uduWwUxU5Qu475h6AqdfnGRctlOiJt8KglZ2hb9YAtxAZW96Q13D3XBN_KUg1807147R=s0-d-e1-ft
Rize Bikes (Rize Bikes)

Jun 21, 2022, 9:35 AM PDT

Hello G,

Oh no! Our sincerest apologies for sending you the incorrect one. I'll have your correct battery mount for the Liberty shipped out today with 1-day express delivery.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, we would be happy to assist.

Kind regards,
Kevin
Rize Bikes

Last edited:
Lol that's one big light 🤣. Green tires?
Hey TROLL. Your s*it posts suite your moniker. Now go play on the street.
Admins - please remove this useless excuse for a community member from posting his crap on my page.
This idiot follows my posts around EBR and shits on what-ever I post. He has been reported once before for his s*it posts.
I will report this hater.

Last edited:
Back