Rize Liberty 52v 1000w - journal

gioflowers

Region
Canada
()xxxx[]:::::::::::::::::>🎡<:::::::::::::::::[]xxxx()​

I just ordered the (white) Liberty with the 1000 watt motor. I initially had the extra battery in my cart but removed it before my final purchase. Now I am thinking that I should have included the extra battery.

Does the bike actually carry two connected batteries somewhere on the bike? Dumb question but I don't know much about dual battery bikes.

Because I am not sure if the bike can connect two batteries on the bike I sent Rize my question asking if it is possible to have two batteries on this bike at the same time.

I'll use this thread to post my experience with this company, use, and upkeep of this bike.
()xxxx[]:::::::::::::::::>🎡<:::::::::::::::::[]xxxx()
1650338379982.png

Specifications​

Technical Data​

Motor​

Motor - Bafang 1000w 85Nm
Top Speed - 32km/h (default) / 48km/h (unlocked)
Configuration Class - 1, 2, 3 (configurable)
Throttle - 100% Power on Demand
Pedal Assist Level - 3, 5, 7, or 9 levels (default 7)

Battery​

Primary Battery - 52v 15Ah Samsung 21700 50E Cell (720Wh)
Secondary Battery (Optional) - 52v 15Ah Samsung 21700 50E Cell (720Wh)
Range* - Primary (Up to 70 km) / Primary + Secondary (Up to 140 km)
Charge Cycle - 800
Charge Time - 5 Hours

Frameset​

Frame - 6061 Aluminum Alloy
Fork - Suspension with Lockout

Wheels​

Tire - Puncture Resistant Slick Style
Tire Size - 20" x 4.25"
Rim - Double Wall

Drivetrain​

Shifter - Shimano Rapid Fire 7-Speed
Rear Derailleur - Shimano Acera
Crank - 52T Single Guard
Freewheel - Nickel Plated 11-32T 7-Speed
Pedal - Wellgo Aluminum Platform

Components​

Saddle - Premium Stitched Seat
Brake - Tektro Hydraulic Disc 180mm
Brake Lever - Safety Motor Inhibitors
Pedal Assist Sensor - Cadence Sealed 12 Magnets

Weight​

Weight - 83lbs (Including Battery)
Load Capacity - 300lbs

<*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*>
TERRAIN
Pacific Northwest. Coastal. Hills.
Coastal Storms = lots of roadside debris/roadside furniture
Wet = Streets slippery with wet leaves. Large protruding trail roots.
Bike Lanes = rare
Inter-connectors = Pole lines, Trails,
Conditions = extra large puddles and washouts, prepare to turn back
Prepare: Saddlebags essential for gear to manage situations

USES/PURPOSE
Gas vehicle replacement

Personal Needs
Off-Road
Moped style
Cargo room
Accessibility (shorty, step-through)

PHYSICAL CONSIDERATIONS
Vertically challenged/short rider
Being a short rider I find it amusing how people who are not short riders tell short riders what type of ebike we should be riding.
Just build accessible ebikes - end of story.
My height: 5'1" - height specific gear I wear when riding:
Footwear: Demonia Cult boots, Dolls Kill (for La Moda) boots, New Rock boots (haven't tried this brand)

Off-Road Needs
Descend and maneuver technical trails
Handles well in poor weather
Can carry large payloads of 300+ lbs
Has a good range & large batteries
Durable under heavy usage

Attachments

• RIZE OWNERS MANUAL.pdf
    4.6 MB · Views: 350
Last edited:
Yes the second battery mounts on the top tube, you can see the three mount points where the battery would be located.

Second battery ordered today, but I may have ordered the wrong one. I ordered the 48v 15Ah and I probably should have ordered the 52v 17Ah battery to feed the 1000watt motor. I phoned and left them a message regarding the possibility of cancelling this order and then ordering the other one. But if the 48v is okay for the 1000w motor, I may just stick with the present order.

Yes, I ordred the wrong battery. That motor needs the 52v 17Ah to power correctly. I phoned Rize and left a message about the error. They phoned me back. Then they sent me an email with the upgraded order for the 52v and the pay now button with the difference in cost between the two batteries (108 and change). All good.

Thank you. It's my third (and hopefully last) e-bike purchase. I bought this bike because of the hilly terrain on which the bike will be used on.
Just curios as to why you chose a Hub motor bike over a Middrive for Hilly terrain?

I didn't choose one over the other. I have never really looked at hub motors for myself. I guess they are better than what I ordered?

I didn't choose one over the other. I have never really looked at hub motors for myself. I guess they are better than what I ordered?
Hate to be the one to break it to you, but if you ordered a 1000w Liberty, you have a 1000w Bafang Hub Drive motor powering your new bike.....

And your point is?

Maybe I missed your point here? Typo maybe? I'm reading that as you asking if a hub motor is better than what you ordered

Received the bike. But the spring needed to install the front wheel was not included in the box. So waiting until my local bike shop is open tomorrow to pick one up.

Last edited:
First ride was ar wipe out - thank the gods for safety gear.

🍥 Tires
Rize reminded me about reducing the air pressure for more traction. I put in 30 pounds of air - way too much for wet conditions.
The slick street tires that the white Liberty ships with are not good for my terrain. Rize should offer a choice in tires according to your terrain when ordering this bike. Talked with Charlie at Rize about this. He will contact me when the knobby tires are in stock.

🍥 Training days
Cruise control - off.
Responsive start: 0
Max speed: 99 (will likely change this to something lower while in training)

🍥 Experience
The Rize Liberty is a totally different riding category from my RadRunner Plus.
My wipe out caused my bike to slide out from underneath me and then shoot itself to my right side.
The bike landed on its right side. I landed on my left side with my left arm up.
My head hit the pavement on the left side.
The little mud puddle that the tires slid on was about the size of a dinner plate.

The bike felt light weight as I was going down and it tossed itself to the side easily.
The bike felt easy to pick up and straighten up.
Having wiped out numerous times on my RadRunner + my wipe-out on the Rize felt more controlled regarding the weight of the bike.

🍥 Fit
The Liberty fits my body better than the RadRunner+ and the Michael Blast Outsider.

🍥 Warranty
Rize says that the warranty starts when the bike/shipment arrives - no need for on-line bike registration.

🍥 Upgrades
* Knobby tires - A must on the pacific north west back roads
- March 3rd, 2022 ordered two 20x4 fatties in green
* Rear View - Feisike Rear View camera and end of handlebar mirrors both
* Turn signal lights - Will share a set with one of my other bikes
* Secondary battery - shipped

🍥 Installing secondary battery
<*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*>

Last edited:
Loving the feel of the bike. I have a need to ride standing up on this bike and it feels natural to do so. Wet weather causing me to restrict the way I usually ride due to the slick tires it shipped with. Waiting for Rize to get their 20x4 knobbies stock in. In the meantime the green knobbies are on their way.

Rode it to work today for the first time. Going slowish (25 - 30) on wet uneven west coast terrain.

Last edited:
Awesome! One Rocker in green arrived in the mail today.
The two tyres are being delivered separately.
I'll take a photo of the bike after I get both tyres installed.

🍥 HY Tires
  • Fabric: 33 TPI
  • Weight: 1260g
Exploring PA 7 up the hills. No problems.

Last edited:
This morning I loaded up the bike and rode to the recycling depot.
Ordered two more Rockers in red. I'll install the red tires in the Autumn and keep them on until Spring. At which time I will then swap them out for the greenies.

The rear view camera arrived in the mail today.
The bike garage will install the tires when the other tire arrives.
At the same time install the rear view issue using one of the two products.

🍥 Maintenance
I took the bike for a long ride today and the battery died - ran out of juice. I actually thought that the battery was fullish when starting out.
Note to self to photograph a before and after trip photo for my records for at least the next week.

There is a code that I am noticing now and I don't remember seeing it before. But, it may have been showing up on the display and I didn't notice it, but I don't think so.
It is a code that shows up for a couple of seconds when I turn the bike on. Then it disappears along with the motor icon. Code is an ! inside a circle.
Will start a photo record and then upload to this post when I do.

🍥 Riding Music
alians.gif

Last edited:
Second greenie arrived this morning - yah!
Waiting for the garage to open to call for an appointment.
Spring has sprung.

🔹 Battery conditioning
Third and final 24-hour charge done last night.

🔹 Garage appointment set for tomorrow morning drop-off
🍥 Tire change
🍥 Rear view situation
🍥 Rear Rack tighten

🔹 Awaiting two orders:
🍥 Secondary Battery from Rize (April 15/22. Still awaiting)
🍥 Red Hy Rocket Tires - Autumn tire change (new rule)

Last edited:
🍥 Bike drop off done. I had to take the tires in yesterday separately.
🍥 Received an automated customer service email from Rize. They will contact me soon regarding the ! in a circle code.

⚙️ Rize customer service connected via email again and asked me to take a photo.
I replied that I would try, but the code only comes on for a second when you turn on the bike, so a photo may not be possible.
I offered a 3 second video instead.

Last edited:
Back