Rize Liberty 52v 1000w - journal

20220625_174453(1).jpg

💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮
20220625_173958.jpg

💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮

Last edited:
Saddlebags on the Liberty - the camo ones. Purchased online from Walmart. $40.00 CAD.
The material used for the smallest front pocket is an immpossibly light see though mesh that you could put your fingernail through. One of the smallest outer pocket has ripped through and is now unusable. The same lightweight mesh is used to separate the smallest front pocket with the middle pocket. So if that mesh breaks through too, well, then I would just have the largest back pocket for use. Darn.

I have an extra set of saddlebags so these ones, although purchased in April, will likely be changed up very soon. I don't recommend these saddlebags for heavy daily uses. Over the months the material did relax a bit to allow for more movement in the pockets - but these saddlebags are too lightweight.

Last edited:
Hydraulic Break - Front is squeaking loudly.
I bought a chest holster to mount my phone while riding so I'll try to take a video while that sound is happening, which is all of the time now.
The bike is showing a lot of wear and tear. Maybe that is ok - not sure. Bike racks and locks are brutal on a bike, but then again, so is getting it stolen.

Last edited:
Hydraulic Break - Front is squeaking loudly.
I bought a chest holster to mount my phone while riding so I'll try to take a video while that sound is happening, which is all of the time now.

Brake pads more than likely. Worn, or needs cleaning remounting

20220705_175321.jpg

I had to replace the camo saddlebags that I bought from Walmart for these. I bought these from AliExpress for 50.00.
The pockets are large and roomy, large enough to fit everything that I need to take to work etc. The canvas type of material feels durable and may last me at least two years.
The only thing to point out on these saddle bags is that the pocket clips are not high quality. But the larger pockets also have velcro closures.
20220705_175212.jpg

Last edited:
🔩 Bike into the garage for brake work.
The brakes, in my view, at shipment condition were strong and reliable. The front brake squeak started overnight and progressed to a loud howl the next day. I'm expecting that the quality remains after this first maintenance.

I've notice that during riding practice I use the front brake to manage tighter turns. Since I've started doing this consciously I've been more conscious of using my brakes more like steering a kite while riding it, in a funny roundabout way.

Last edited:
Can you safely store an ebike battery in a fireproof box?
I am thinking of buying such a box and am wondering if it is safe to store batteries this way.
I have four ebike batteries to store.

My Liberty has been in the garage with a flat for about two weeks and I am crushed. My RadRunner Plus also has two flats.
I am on my last go-to bike: My Michael Blast Outsider. If something happens to these tires, my last resort is the Apollo scooter, which aint' too shabby for a last resort and a damb fine scooter. But the thing is my garage has no tubes! And I myself have no spares. I've just ordered nine tubes, which sounds like a lot but considering that I currently have three flats right now I will have five for back-up. 20x4 tubes are a little tricky to score.

This summer has not been a good one for keeping my bikes on the road. Outcome and changes to be made? Well, I've ordered rim liners for starters. Pay more attention to tire pressure. Get a small hand pump. I currently have two pumps and both too large to bring along with me.

Last edited:
I am in serious danger of purchasing another eBike. Send help.
Focus of my desire: Onyx CTY2
Good God.
😨
Cons to consider:
- 300.00 CAD insane for Rear rack from Vintage Iron, Vancouver, BC. Lower price but before intern ship fees on website: https://www.onyxmotorbikes.com/en-ca/products/onyx-rear-rack
- too heavy
- more motorcycle than bike
- fenders
- signal lights
- mirrors
Update: 20th. Discovered other ebikes that may meet my needs better than the CTY2 - I think they're called dirt bikes G .
Update: 21st. I've been watching MegaDave's World videos on his Rize Blade. So I'm thinking that I have exactly what I need in my three bikes and this Liberty is all the off-road bike I really need right now. Whew. I just about pulled the plug on the CTY2. If I get another crazy craving to buy a another bike, I may go with a second Rize; the Blade2 or another Liberty.
Update: 23rd. I just ordered a bike from another Canadian Company - Voltbike. I ordered a Nitro in black. I have a 750w motor if I need to swap it out..

Like this happy Canadian (eh):
<*><*><*<*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*>
<*><*><*<*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*>

👎 A Canadian Company to investigate. No youtube videos yet? This ebike frame has a compact design that reminds me of the T4B design, and which is where, I think, the Michael Blast frame appears to have come from. I like it. Oh, that Michael Blast, Soda. What a very cute bike with the same compact look. But those colours are out of this world. And the tires to match!

For this new and mostly unknown company the customer service seems to be non-existent. 48v 10Ah battery.
Unless you can find a certified ebike shop somewhere. I guess you're sol.

Not related to this product necessarily but I'm seeing new ebike companies popping up out of no-where selling moped style of ebikes that look ok, but the battery Ah is insanely low range. Was this always the case? It seems to be happening a lot in front of my eyes. I would say the victim in this case are people who don't know any better and want to buy a loved one a surprise gift.

Last edited:
I have been riding the bike around with the secondary battery attached and with a leather tool pouch attached underneath the headlamp. Today I removed those two items and emptied out the saddlebags. It's a nice ride when the bike isn't bogged down with so much extra weight. The torque really comes out and its old grrrrrrrr let me climb a wall old self surfaces. I don't think I will attach the secondary battery all of the time.

I gave the Liberty a light bath today because it is filthy. One thing about washing your bike, I'm discovering, is that you see all of the wear on your pride and joy. All of the chips and dings from all of my wipe outs. I had to straighten out my handlebars and headlight today from a skid out I had on a trail a few weeks ago. I tried riding over an big root at the wrong angle and my rear tire didn't make it. I skidded out pretty good and bent a few things.

I'll be checking out the forum for ideas on all weather tires and for studded tires.
Though I don't think that I will need studded, good to know where to get them regardless.

Last edited:
Back