Riese & Muller Superdelite GT Touring HS Vs Trek ALLANTE +9.9 with Range boost

Ebiker01

VS

Both hAve :
-the 4th gen. Lighter Bosch 28mph speed capable motors(Cx/Perf. Line speed)

- battery: 1kw vs 1125wh (Trek)

WEIGHT : Trek is 50-52lb vs R&M 70-75lb !
Meaning: You can carry Trek up a flight or two of stairs w/o a potential cardiac arrest vs. R&M 75lb.
Or you can go to gym and exercise until can carry it easily. But even for a gym rat that is not easy to do (carry the 75lb ebike up 2 flights) day in/day out.

R&M has :
-the M99 Pro light (400$ ) value
-better brAkes(Mt5/4)
- the build quality is superior and superb lookS
- a higher price 8.5k
- the WOW factor(i bought an 8grand R&M)

TREK has:
- much better chain(Shimano vs Kmc light and unreliable for the power of a speed pedelec)
- 20lb lighter , therefore at least 50-75miles extra range compared to R&M . It is 625+500 vs 2X500.
- sexier design (carbon frame) /better agility in city traffic.
-MUCH BETTER DEALER presence/warranty.

TREK with boost rAnge is 7k vs R&M 8.5k.

At that price range , most customers would not flinch about the 1.5k difference.
Personally i will go with the Trek b/c i’m only a millennial and with that 1.5k i can buy some Tesla stocks (5-6 of them).

What about your preference ?

What other high end ebikes would compete with this 2 SUP’s (Sport Utility Pedelecs) ?

Options:

Tier 1 Solid choices : M1 Spitzing R Pedelec ? (120nm / 1.1kw motor) WattWagon Commuter ? (Ti frame/custom made) . Mine’s-BH Nitro city ? (2018/2019model).

Tier 2 Problematic choices : Specialized Vado 5 ? (Inferior product, cracked frames ) . Stromer St2S ? ( Reliability issues) .

As exciting as this 2020‘s ebikes are , the issue is with the technology changing so fast( Bosch is at it’s 4th gen motor in under 4years), and battery density increasing. And possibly better displays appearing every year.

What else can dramatically change in 1-2years ? Abs/anti theft tech/airbags/heated handlebars ?? This are all present in motorcycles already. Is probably possible to have ABS installed on either one Of those ebikes. Definitely for R&M, not sure for TREK.

Last edited:
I would add Fuell possibly.

Stromer should be 3 or 5, 2s no longer available

Sorry but i own both Stromer st2s and a Nitro. when both working the Stromer is more than 1 level up .1800 vs 6000 , no real surprise, good value though

Nitro is is no longer available in 2020 . also bought mine As a temp bike til the high end 1 I chose is available

cant find a Spitzing and support if there was a dealer near by I would have interest they don’t appear to be set up for remote service in US

the original 2 bikes can be had without chains, I would think on the higher bikes (and for high mileage mid motor riders) belts and IGH is the way to go

any other rear hub motor high end bikes to choose from?

i am the customer that won’t flinch on price as you mentioned so money isn’t the issue on this purchase

i like this thread

1)The Nitro is/was 3499$, you probably bought yours used/demo unit from Lenny’s ? Nothing wrong with that , just letting you know the prices.

About 4k after taxes and 6k if you add a few great accessories like i did.
Besides that, it never breaks unlike A Stromer amd like i said , if you’ve had a proper unit, it pulls way faster then either St3/2s !

2) I read that a few have the Spitzing and are really happy with it, and there is that shop(Motostrano) that may help with parts if needed. It doesn’t have many complications or custom motors/display.

Opimax, What is your take as far as the weight of the R&M ebikes ? I’ve seen them at Propel a few days ago and they look and are heavy tanks ! The Superdelite/Supercharger models. I know they have lighter city bikes as well.

I would get one if i were to go on an expedition to Antartica and back but for regular commuting Trek did an awesome job.

Fuell , I don’t know how warranty /reliability will be ? Rather wait for a few othery to buy first and review them😉.

But it does look like a great nicely built ebike. The Fuell moto is really nice as well.

Last edited:
In your comparison between the Allant and the Delight you missed one critical difference The Allant has no suspension, the Delight has both a front and a rear suspension. The Allant is a way cool looking bike but no way I would spend as much time on a bike that can go that far with no suspension. At a certain point in a guys life it is too late to try and prove how tough you are.

Also the Allant has a light weight pannier rack mounted to the rear fender. The Delight has a heavy duty rear rack mounted to the frame and suspended so your cargo doesn't take direct impact.

The delight also comes with a key-matched Abus Bordo Alarm lock.

It all depends on your use. IF you are looking for a fast daily commuter and not carrying much around, the Allant is a great bike and Trek is one of the best companies out there in terms of support. However, If you plan on doing some distance riding and/or touring and bike packing, the Delight will serve far better and it will do just superbly as an every day commuter. The ride quality and stability of the heavier, fully suspended bike makes for not only greater comfort but greater control and safety as the full suspension keeps the tires in contact with the pavement making for shorter braking distances and more sure footed cornering. These are bikes that have fully made the transition from sports/leisure equipment to viable daily vehicles.

Frankly, although I agree that lighter is better for carrying up-stairs, I would not want to carry either one. I do have to carry my 80+lb., dual-battery, Homage Rohloff HS up and down eight outside steps to and from my basement. I sure wouldn't want to make that 25 steps with a turn in the middle. I also have a dual battery Delight Mountain that weighs in about 8 lbs. less.

Q- a heavy duty rack (25kg/50lb) why it wouldn’t work on the Trek ? I do need one for up to 30-35kg.

And the front fork can be upgraded to a Suspension fork. Then a dropper seat post would make it tolerable for long distance riding.
So, with another 4-500$ it can be upgraded for a utilitarian use.

Fox 34 Ebike optimized air fork. $635 + Kinekt suspension seat post $250 = $885 way better than no suspension, still not the equal of a front & rear suspension.

Fox 34 Ebike optimized air fork. $635 + Kinekt suspension seat post $250 = $885 way better than no suspension, still not the equal of a front & rear suspension.

So then is better to just get the R&M. It will be almost same price and weight. I gotta start saving up.
Their dealership is probably their only Ace card vs R&M.
The Fuell ebike looks promising also , has Gps tracker inside the frame, 100nm motor, IGH and belt drive. 1kw battery. 4k.

So then is better to just get the R&M. It will be almost same price and weight. I gotta start saving up.
The Fuell ebike looks promising also , has Gps tracker inside the frame, 100nm motor, IGH and belt drive. 1kw battery. 4k.
After almost 12,000 miles riding Bosch powered ebikes, the Bosch system has my trust and confidence. From what I have read, both Yamaha and Shimano motor systems can also be trusted over the long haul as well.

R&M has :
-better brAkes(Mt5/4)
- a higher price 8.5k

TREK has:
- much better chain(Shimano vs Kmc light and unreliable for the power of a speed pedelec)
- 20lb lighter , therefore at least 50-75miles extra range compared to R&M . It is 625+500 vs 2X500.

A note on the headlight. I have an Allante 9.9 on order. I requested that my local Trek dealer change out the Bontrager light for the M99 Pure+ that was on the Super Commuter. They agreed to do it at no extra cost.

I did see a recent video preview/review of it and they said the 100nm motor felt weaker than some 75nms they've tried, it was disappointing to hear. Also dual battery but each battery is only 10Ah which is also a bit disappointing, it's no different than a single 48V 20A that you can get on a lot of cheaper models. That said, I really, really want a bike with an internal gear hub and belt drive.

I have only base level understanding of the two bikes...I’ve only ridden a Super Commuter7 But I do have a head full of lust for R&M...and its not the price that repels me..it’s the lack of local service.
Regarding the comparison I think the comparison becomes an easier choice if you move down from the Allant 9s to 8s. which seem similar given the carbon advantages mean less on an e-bike. And the 625 battery works for me...where was this bike in the spring?

VS

Both hAve :
-the 4th gen. Lighter Bosch 28mph speed capable motors(Cx/Perf. Line speed)

- battery: 1kw vs 1125wh (Trek)

WEIGHT : Trek is 50-52lb vs R&M 70-75lb !
Meaning: You can carry Trek up a flight or two of stairs w/o a potential cardiac arrest vs. R&M 75lb.
Or you can go to gym and exercise until can carry it easily. But even for a gym rat that is not easy to do (carry the 75lb ebike up 2 flights) day in/day out.

R&M has :
-better brAkes(Mt5/4)
- a higher price 8.5k

TREK has:

TREK with boost rAnge is 7k vs R&M 8.5k.

At that price range , most customers would not flinch about the 1.5k difference.
Personally i will go with the Trek b/c i’m only a millennial and with that 1.5k i can buy some Tesla stocks (5-6 of them).

What about your preference ?

What other high end ebikes would compete with this 2 SUP’s (Sport Utility Pedelecs) ?

Options:

Tier 1 Solid choices : M1 Spitzing R Pedelec ? (120nm / 1.1kw motor) WattWagon Commuter ? (Ti frame/custom made) . Mine’s-BH Nitro city ? (2018/2019model).

Tier 2 Problematic choices : Specialized Vado 5 ? (Inferior product, cracked frames ) . Stromer St2S ? ( Reliability issues) .

As exciting as this 2020‘s ebikes are , the issue is with the technology changing so fast( Bosch is at it’s 4th gen motor in under 4years), and battery density increasing. And possibly better displays appearing every year.

What else can dramatically change in 1-2years ? Abs/anti theft tech/airbags/heated handlebars ?? This are all present in motorcycles already. Is probably possible to have ABS installed on either one Of those ebikes. Definitely for R&M, not sure for TREK.

R&M owner here with 3 Bosch PowerPacks. What I like about the Allant is it allows me to continue using my PowerPacks with enhanced capacity and the new motor. RM’s new motor offerings for 2020 stick you with 2x500W PowerTubes. That might be ok if you are new to Bosch or have nearly depleted PowerPacks, but as I have 2 with less than 50 cycles ...

I imagine R&M’s step-thru models will get the new motor next year and will still accept PowerPacks for the “range boost,” but this locks you into a frame type.

For touring/bikepacking, people underestimate the daily exertion and the numerous times you have to negotiate a situation where lighter is better. Definitely open to lighter options.

I own several bikes with a carbon fork. I like the idea of trying out a carbon fork and swapping out for a RockShox if necessary. Have no opinion at the moment.

I would miss the carbon belt. I don’t anticipate a range problem with the derailleur.

Am I sold on an Allant? Heck, no, haven’t even seen or ridden one. I think R&M’s had a great run with their dual-battery system, which to date has been robust and accessible. I’ve been dismayed, however, with their continuing to charge full price for a PowerPack while everyone else has dropped their price. I think competition is a great thing, and I think Trek has positioned themselves well with this model line.

Back