Redshift ShockStop seatpost and stem installed

Latitude

I have been using the Redshift ShockStop stem for about a week, and today my new ShockStop seatpost arrived. Took the bike for a ride over some rough patches I usually prefer to skirt around. I am very impressed with both of these additions! Together they do just what they say: Take the shock out of a rigid suspension. The ride is much more enjoyable now, and still without any excessive bob or bounce. I’m a VERY happy customer!

A3CE2046-8934-47FC-85C2-4AE55002E748.jpeg

Attachments

• 131690F2-C77C-4281-8C14-29E53119AF85.jpeg
    131690F2-C77C-4281-8C14-29E53119AF85.jpeg
    261 KB · Views: 1,617
  • C426995F-3FC8-4EB8-BA93-FF68620368BE.jpeg
    C426995F-3FC8-4EB8-BA93-FF68620368BE.jpeg
    507.3 KB · Views: 697
I have the Shock Stop stem on my BMC Alpenchallenge Amp and love it. I went with the 6 degree model.

BMC Bike Stem.jpg

Last edited:
Just got the stem a few weeks ago and done multiple 5ish hour rides, loving it. Went for a 3 hour ride one one of my other ebikes on a rail trail without the stem and boy did I miss the redshift stem.

Now I have to decide how many more stems I buy (and seat posts) versus how many of my bikes to finally sell off, lol.

I have been using the Redshift ShockStop stem for about a week, and today my new ShockStop seatpost arrived. Took the bike for a ride over some rough patches I usually prefer to skirt around. I am very impressed with both of these additions! Together they do just what they say: Take the shock out of a rigid suspension. The ride is much more enjoyable now, and still without any excessive bob or bounce. I’m a VERY happy customer!
So I’m interested in the ShockStop stem and I am thinking about the +30 degree, 100mm length. Unfortunately, my existing stem is only 70mm. It looks like you have the +30 but just wanted to know for sure which size did you get? Any thoughts on how that angle is working out for you? Did you have to change spacers?

Attachments

• E1FB79C8-08FC-4E25-827C-8EF565117224.jpeg
    E1FB79C8-08FC-4E25-827C-8EF565117224.jpeg
    19.9 KB · Views: 415
Last edited:
So I’m interested in the ShockStop stem and I am thinking about the +30 degree, 100mm length. Unfortunately, my existing stem is only 70mm. It looks like you have the +30 but just wanted to know for sure which size did you get? Any thoughts on how that angle is working out for you? Did you have to change spacers?
You are correct, mine is the +30 degree, 100mm version. The part that grips the steering tube is 40mm, the angled part that holds the handlebars is roughly 100mm. I thought it might end up with the bars a bit lower than I previously had my Bontrager adjustable stem, but it seems pretty close to what I had before... the angle is good for me. I am using the most flexible of the inserts (one only) and it hasn’t bottomed out.

I added one 5mm spacer below the ShockStop. If the ShockStop is too high for a rider, some spacers could go on top of, rather than below the unit (Rather than having to cut the steering post off).

Last edited:
I want to order a Shock Stop for my Lectric XP. Any clue on what size I should order?
I can only suggest looking at your bike’s stem specs and compare them with this web site.

I want to order a Shock Stop for my Lectric XP. Any clue on what size I should order?
It seems likely the 30 degree model would be best suited. The 6 degree versions, being nearly horizontal, might not supply much movement at all.

I can only suggest looking at your bike’s stem specs and compare them with this web site.

I checked the owners manual and there is nothing about the stem specs. I have an email into Lectric hoping for a reply...

It seems likely the 30 degree model would be best suited. The 6 degree versions, being nearly horizontal, might not supply much movement at all.
I’m looking for any lift I can get, in addition to the shock suppression value so the +30 was a no brainer as long as it will fit.

I checked the owners manual and there is nothing about the stem specs. I have an email into Lectric hoping for a reply...
It fits a standard 1 1/8” steering post. Shims are available if your handle bars need them.

• Fits standard 1-1/8 inch steerer tubes
  • Fits 31.8mm handlebars (25.4mm and 26.0mm shims available)

It fits a standard 1 1/8” steering post. Shims are available if your handle bars need them.

• Fits standard 1-1/8 inch steerer tubes
  • Fits 31.8mm handlebars (25.4mm and 26.0mm shims available)

Thanks I just ordered it. Hopefully, I can figure out a way to install it!

Regardless of the model the suspension travel is up 20mm for drop bars and 10mm for flat bars. Different elastomers are there for feel only, soft to firm.

Back