Realistic mileage for Neo 36v 9amp models

Sijin

Hello Riders,

What is a realistic mileage that you are getting for your neo models with 36v 9amp battery? Yes I understand it varies, hence looking for data from owners, with their weight/terrain/ride-mode details. Trying to see how close it is to the 50mile range claim.

Realistic range from 36V, 9Ah battery ~ 25 miles in Std mode and 30 miles in Eco.

On my Jumper with 12Ah battery, the max I have gotten is 55miles (pure Eco) and realistically I get 40miles (75% std assist mode)

Thanks Ravi. Whats your weight? And I assume your travel is on pretty level, paved roads. Also in the Eco mode is it effortless to reach the max speed?

I weigh 165 lbs and my neighborhood is relatively flat. Unfortunately, you can't reach max speed (on Neo's you can go upto 27mph in Boost mode).
It's hard to reach 27mph but you can maintain it with hard pedaling. The front chain ring is 42t, and if you can replace it with 48t or 50t, your cadence will be better and speed will increase.

Thanks again. And how much is the max speed that you have reached in eco mode? Agin I know its based on various conditions.

I have two euro bikes.
Race. With 9 amp 71 km in boost. With 12 amp battery 82 km in boost. Riding in the back country without stops. Weight 70 kgs. Weather 15 degrees celcious.
With 12 amp battery in eco 213 km. Then riding as slow as a normal bike.
Jumper. 40 km in boost with 9 amb battery.
Terrain pretty flat.

Thanks a lot Peter. And that is quite interesting data. Vow, Race goes almost twice(40 vs 71km) the range as jumper with a 36v 9amp while the weight difference is just 6 pounds(~3Kg). Jumper is 48pounds and Race is 42 pounds. Both are advertised as "Up to 50 miles" with 36v 9amp and your data shows Race gives exactly that range. That wider tires and shocks of jumper eats a lot of the energy it seems.

Someone with a Neo Cross, can you please share your observations?
I have both a Carbon and a Cross. My wife rides the Cross and I ride the Carbon. I rarely go beyond Eco mode and she rides in Eco/Std/Sport. We ride in SouthWest NH which has constant moderate grades to climb and when we ride together we'll do between 18-25 miles (29-40km). Going in and out of Eco I lose my 1st bar around 9 miles, my 2nd bar between 13-15 and my third bar 18-20. My wife keeps her bike in Eco and moves to Std and Sport on steeper/longer inclines. She generally loses her 1st bar around 12 miles and her 2nd bar around 18-20 miles.

In my riding environment I consider the Carbon a 25 mile range bike for the average rider and the Cross a 30+.

Court J.

PS...comparing my E-Motobecane which goes 28 miles on a BBS-02 500W 36V/15A and still has all it's bars riding in PAS mode 3 at 23 MPH. The bike is easily 50+ miles in the same riding environment

Last edited:
Thanks Court. I hope EasyMotion will release 15A batteries in future and hopefully they will be compatible with the current bikes. On average these range sounds good and makes me comfortable to proceed. And the aesthetics of Emotion bike, its so.... sweeet!!!!!. Personally I don't want to see a heavy suitcase behind me :) . I started with looking at prodeco(phantoms - yes when I started to take a look at the ebikes, I was hesitant to throw a big amount into it and was looking at the low end, macho equipments). This forum helped a lot in my entire search for MY ebike. But after riding them and the easymotion bikes, I can definitely see what value those bikes are offering for those extra $. I don't see myself going beyond 30 miles as of now(roundtrip). And the best thing about ebikes, even if I run out of battery, I can still pedal with ease(may be, not as easy as a light weight normal bike, but definitely its not hard).

The Cross and Carbon are very comfortable bikes. I like riding the Carbon..(a lot). I think if anything were to constrain the battery capacity it would be the shape and size of the battery itself. They have made a very pleasing design but they also have a limited size to work with. They can make a 12AH battery but with current technology I wonder how much they can pack into the battery pack???

For the money and added capacity, it's hard to beat the Cross; it's a great bike. I also dislike placing a heavy battery over the rear wheel, it is noticeable and does make the bike top heavy.

Court J.

I have the Cross with 12A battery. Today I lost my first bar after 14 km in boost mode, 12 km riding alone + 2 km with a Chariot Cougar 2 (total weight ~ 45 kg). Where I live it's quite flat. According to the display I travel at around 30-31 km/h but I still get some effect from the motor (should cut at around 25km/h?) and my GPS (cell phone app) says ~ 27-28 km/h. Not sure how accurate the distance is since the speed seem to be a little bit off.

That will get better mileage I believe, not sure I would use that info for comparison...

36V, 9Ah is too small of a battery and glad that most their new models are coming with 12Ah.

Since 9amp is too small, I think Ravi will give a small or "just right" rating for the 12amp. ;-)

Back