Realistic mileage for Neo 36v 9amp models

I think it's just incredible how much further EBike range is compared to just 4 years ago, and at the same speed.

My A2B Metro had a 36v10.6ah battery, throttle only. When it was brand new top speed was 20 mph, and range was 20 miles. I could nurse 23 miles out of it by alternately pedaling without every half mile but that become a pain.

Don't know if its PEDELEC or more efficient motors but these EBikes jsut keeping more efficient every year.

I think with throttle mode that range almost remains same, even now. Its the pedal assist that tricks us to believe that the bike is giving more range. But to be frank, I got more interested into the e-bikes after I saw the pedelec feature.

My experience with LCD, speed and accuracy on kms cycled is that the LCD shows 2-4 kmh too much when you buy the bike.
I have adjusted my LCD with GPS for most accurate speed.
This makes the LCD show 4 pct less driven kms than you actually have driven.

My experience with LCD, speed and accuracy on kms cycled is that the LCD shows 2-4 kmh too much when you buy the bike.
I have adjusted my LCD with GPS for most accurate speed.
This makes the LCD show 4 pct less driven kms than you actually have driven.

Is this done by adjusting the wheel size-config in the panel?

If the CROSS has 700 x 38C tires, I think 27.5 would be more accurate. Can anyone confirm this?

28" on the LCD display is apt for 700C wheel and if you run big tires like Schwalbe Big Ben or Fat Frank, you could set it to 29" as well.
On my 650B jumper, I used 27" at first and the actual Km traveled was more than what was shown on the LCD and recently, I set it to 28" (as I run fat knobby tires), the LCD reads tiny bit more distance than the actual but the accuracy has improved.

The best way is if you have a gps Watch you can strap to the bike or af phoneholder to attatch on to your bike.
Alternativel just hold a smartphone in your hand that shows gps speed.

Now you have displaye gps speed.

To my memory you then have to push and hold the minus and plus button for a short while.
Then you can adjust the Wheel size by pressing plus og minus button. When you have chosen a specific Wheel side press the button between the plus and minus button.
Now the LCD shows speed Again.
Now compare the LCD speed to the gps speed.
Then you just have to find the wheelsize that gives the most excact GPS speed.

The best way is if you have a gps Watch you can strap to the bike or af phoneholder to attatch on to your bike.
Alternativel just hold a smartphone in your hand that shows gps speed.

Now you have displaye gps speed.

To my memory you then have to push and hold the minus and plus button for a short while.
Then you can adjust the Wheel size by pressing plus og minus button. When you have chosen a specific Wheel side press the button between the plus and minus button.
Now the LCD shows speed Again.
Now compare the LCD speed to the gps speed.
Then you just have to find the wheelsize that gives the most excact GPS speed.
Thank You!!!

NeoJumper 9amp-hour battery: I get around 8-10 miles before the battery is drained, never going beyond Eco mode.
Elevation gain around 1,000 feet (or 300 meters).
Rocky, rutted roads.
I try to go uphill using a high cadence, lower gear, in hopes of prolonging battery life.
Uphill speed is probably around 9-13 mph (15-20 kph).
I weigh around 215 pounds (98 kg).
I will frequently put the controller into no assist for flat or moderate uphill to get this much distance.

I would enjoy hearing range from others using the bike as a "mountain bike" on single track and trails.

It is great fun, but I'd like more range.

Mike
Colorado, USA

NeoJumper 9amp-hour battery: I get around 8-10 miles before the battery is drained, never going beyond Eco mode.
Elevation gain around 1,000 feet (or 300 meters).
Rocky, rutted roads.
I try to go uphill using a high cadence, lower gear, in hopes of prolonging battery life.
Uphill speed is probably around 9-13 mph (15-20 kph).
I weigh around 215 pounds (98 kg).
I will frequently put the controller into no assist for flat or moderate uphill to get this much distance.

I would enjoy hearing range from others using the bike as a "mountain bike" on single track and trails.

It is great fun, but I'd like more range.

Mike,
Try a Haibike FS RX or Felt Dual-e,
you should be able to get at least 25miles riding it like a true "MTB".
This is where Bosch system shines.

On my local single track I can do about 20 km on the Jumper in Eco mode. My weight is 70 kg.

If you really want to drain the battery check out my video below.
It drained 3-4 bars on 2 kms :))).

Pretty tough but great fun :).

On my local single track I can do about 20 km on the Jumper in Eco mode. My weight is 70 kg.

If you really want to drain the battery check out my video below.
It drained 3-4 bars on 2 kms :))).
Pretty tough but great fun :).

Thank you for the information and the video.
Hope you find an e-bike for your son.

Mike
Colorado, USA

Thanks.
If you liked my alpine video you might also want to see my other 2 videos from Mont Ventoux and my video in which I demontrate that you can use an ebike for workout.

Back