Radmini weight and potential issues with removing front wheel

Rojieh

Hi, I'm considering buying a RadMini, but am concerned about the weight. It is listed as 61 lbs, but I would like to know how much it weighs when both the front and rear carrier racks are removed, the battery is removed, and the front wheel is removed. This would, I think, be the minimum weight for hauling it in and out of my car trunk.

My second question is about removing the front wheel. I am concerned that the brake disk could easily get bent. The assembly video from RadBikes specifically notes that we should be careful about this. Other posters have commented about problems with the brakes. Wouldn't constantly removing the front wheel exacerbate this problem?

Thanks for your help!

i havent tried to fold mine up and put it in a car etc

but just removing the battery and seat it seems pretty light for me to lift up on the car rack, dont know if that helps much

i havent tried to fold mine up and put it in a car etc

but just removing the battery and seat it seems pretty light for me to lift up on the car rack, dont know if that helps much
Thanks! I have already written to RadBikes and will post their response when I receive it.

Hi,

I wanted to share the response I got from RadBikes.

"Thanks for writing! I will do my best to estimate the weight. The battery pack weighs 7 pounds, the Racks weigh 2-3 pounds each and the front wheel weighs approximately 5 pounds. In total that would remove about 17 pounds.

Removing the front wheel should not cause any damage to the bike or the disk as long as it is done in a careful manner.

Please let me know if you have any questions and have a great day!"

This would bring down the weight to about 44 lbs, which is not bad (not a 36 lb GoCycle G2, but not $5K either).

Back