RadMini Step Thru for 5'2"

ChrispyRider

Do any of you have good or bad experiences to relate regarding the RadMini Step-Thru for a shorter person?

I'm looking for a bike for my wife who is ~5'2" with 28.5" inseam.

I'm a little worried about the height of the handlebars and distance from the right hand grip to the gear shift lever which is the other side of the throttle and throttle switch.

She likes the idea of an electric bike we could take on trips for paved or dirt roads, but I haven't been able to get her out to a local shop to try one. I'm sure that would help, but my powers of persuasion only go so far.

Much Thanks!

Answering my own question now since we bought the RadMini Step-Thru for my wife.

It fits great, and she seems very happy with how everything fits, but says she's still getting used to the seat. She acknowledges that it's probably just because she's not used to sitting on a bicycle seat for that much time.

Hi. I’m looking for my first e-bike. The RadMini Step-Thru is on my list. My only negative with the bike is the weight. Does your wife have any issues with the weight of the bike? Thanks.

She says it's fine since she doesn't pick it up. I'm the one who folds, loads, unloads and unfolds when we take it in the car. I find it heavy, but manageable. When we're just riding and parking, the weight doesn't matter much because the motor more than makes up for the weight.

She says it's fine since she doesn't pick it up. I'm the one who folds, loads, unloads and unfolds when we take it in the car. I find it heavy, but manageable. When we're just riding and parking, the weight doesn't matter much because the motor more than makes up for the weight.

Thank you. Do you have a bike rack or something else? My LBS recommended getting a ramp and wheeling into my SUV.

Back