Purchased the New Evelo Atlas. Appreciate input on needed accessories.

Glendy

Region
USA
Hi Everyone. New to the EBR Evelo Forum. Excited with my new Labor Day sale ebike purchase, Evelo Atlas. Being new to the ebike world if any of you have found some favorite accessories, helmets, goggles, glasses, electric air pumps, needs for tire changes, etc I would be appreciative. I know some accessories items work better than others. Months back I wanted the Evelo Aurora Limited spoke to Eric about the bike and was very impressed. A couple days later went to order and they were sold out. I am so pleased, Evelo is having a Labor Day weekend sale. I purchased yesterday their new Atlas it has Gates CDX Belt Drive, Bafang M600 HD 120nm, EnvioloCVT Gearing, 27.5 X 2.8 Schwalbe Moto Tires, 6061-T6 Frame, 350 lb load, weighs 58 lbs. $4699. I also was interested in a FLX Blade 2.0 touring. Similar, it had some additional upgrade/perks. As memory serves me it was in the middle $7000 bracket. The Atlas suits me better. I am more than pleased. Thank you Eric.
Terry

Hello Terry. I too just bought the Atlas- (Delivers Feb). Im surprised to not find any threads here about it. Ive been keeping my eye out for the perfect combination of gates belt, enviolo, throttled mid-drive, undorky design,etc, and this one hits more than any other. Was excited about the Priority Current, but have concerns about the motor, design, and lack of throttle (I have a malformed muscle).
Anyway, I know you asked for tips on gear, but perhaps you could give a short review. In particular, can you hear the motor much? Im hoping they customized their M600 to keep the noise down. I am coming from a DIY BBS02 set-up, so curious about the feel of the power. Thanks!

Hello Terry. I too just bought the Atlas- (Delivers Feb). Im surprised to not find any threads here about it. Ive been keeping my eye out for the perfect combination of gates belt, enviolo, throttled mid-drive, undorky design,etc, and this one hits more than any other. Was excited about the Priority Current, but have concerns about the motor, design, and lack of throttle (I have a malformed muscle).
Anyway, I know you asked for tips on gear, but perhaps you could give a short review. In particular, can you hear the motor much? Im hoping they customized their M600 to keep the noise down. I am coming from a DIY BBS02 set-up, so curious about the feel of the power. Thanks!
Did you guys take delivery yet?

They have been delayed due to the now common supply chain and shipping issues, and are expected to arrive mid-late May. Fortunately my commuter is still running...11000 miles and counting. Cheers

I’m in the queue as well…I was looking for reviews but none to be found. It appears to be very similar to this Dost.
Interesting that Dost web site says delivery in 2023. Hopefully our friends at Evelo are pushing the supply chain issues harder and will meet the May production.

@Gregors Thanks for the EBR Dosh Review post.
Makes one wonder if Evelo & Dost are using the same eBike design and manufacturing subcontractors as bikes are nearly identical.
Right this minute I like the Dost step-through frame version more than the Atlas frame style, too bad they have a 2023 shipment window.

My original production Aurora Limited Edition was stolen last summer and I've been searching for a good replacement but have avoided the Atlas due mainly to it's frame design. So thanks for the Dosh information.

I almost did purchase a 2022 Aurora Limited [in stock now] but decided to wait and see what other options would be available as I do not like the newer AUTOMATiQ style CVT/P hub controller; more on that below.

For now I've got a DASH folder arriving in a couple of weeks . . . after four shipment delays . . . that will hold me over while full-size eBike options are considered.

Enviolo CVT/P (NuVinic) Hub Controller Types:

While considering the Aurora Limited option I exchanged several emails with Enviolo (and Evelo) Technical Support to understand the differences in past and current Hub Controller types. There are four controllers types:

1) Cable controlled Manual. Twist grip has 100% control of CVP gear position.
My older REI human-power bike has this controller . . . and it is sweet with minor adjustments being possible.
The Atlas and Dost CVT models have the manual controller.

2) Harmony Automatic (now out-of-production). My original production Aurora Limited Edition had this controller.
I found the automatic mode less responsive than I liked and always operated it in Manual Mode.
While 'manual' was advertised as 100% control of CVP gearing I have recently learned that it was actually a stepped gear controller.
The steps being much finer than a non-CVP stepped hub but not the level of control of the cable.
I had always felt that the Harmony Manual Mode was not as linear as the manual cable twist grip on gearing . . . now I know why.

3) Enviolo AUTOMATiQ (replaced the Harmony). 2022 Aurora Limited has this controller.
It is said, by sellers, that the AUTOMATiQ automatic mode is far more responsive than the original Harmony.
And Enviolo advertises a 'manual' mode feature. However, the 'manual mode' is 9-step fixed gear position shifting.
I'm not ready to trust the AUTOMATiQ automatic mode is right for me and the 'manual' mode is no better than a far
less expensive non-CVP stepped IGH.

4) Apparently the AUTOMATiQ is integrated into the Bosch Motor Controller for some bikes.
I believe those may be limited to the automatic mode only.
Enviolo is going for a no user input required riding experience - - how boring - -

end

Last edited:
Update on Dost CVT - - - - Well, I just ordered the Dost Drop - CVT . . . . . will be limited to my Evelo DASH until 1st Qtr 2023.

Not 100% happy to be getting a non-Evelo product but cannot pass up the step-through frame and manual (cable) CVP hub controller Dosh has.

Last edited:
Dost seems like a good Company and essentially the same bike except for the transmission…Happy Trails

Hi Everyone. New to the EBR Evelo Forum. Excited with my new Labor Day sale ebike purchase, Evelo Atlas. Being new to the ebike world if any of you have found some favorite accessories, helmets, goggles, glasses, electric air pumps, needs for tire changes, etc I would be appreciative. I know some accessories items work better than others. Months back I wanted the Evelo Aurora Limited spoke to Eric about the bike and was very impressed. A couple days later went to order and they were sold out. I am so pleased, Evelo is having a Labor Day weekend sale. I purchased yesterday their new Atlas it has Gates CDX Belt Drive, Bafang M600 HD 120nm, EnvioloCVT Gearing, 27.5 X 2.8 Schwalbe Moto Tires, 6061-T6 Frame, 350 lb load, weighs 58 lbs. $4699. I also was interested in a FLX Blade 2.0 touring. Similar, it had some additional upgrade/perks. As memory serves me it was in the middle $7000 bracket. The Atlas suits me better. I am more than pleased. Thank you Eric.
Terry
Are you still in the queue Terry? fyi…May delivery is now June. July is also a possibility. Serious supply chain challenges in China.
Terry

I can't stop looking at the Atlas, but I can't commit until I see something a little more concrete as far as when I can expect to see it. LOVE the idea of the Enviolo hub combined with the M600, and this is the only place I've seen it.

As far as Dost goes, they're using a Bafang BBS02 which is a great motor, but there is no torque sensing when it's compared to the M600 on the Atlas....

Update on Dost CVT - - - - Well, I just ordered the Dost Drop - CVT . . . . . will be limited to my Evelo DASH until 1st Qtr 2023.

Not 100% happy to be getting a non-Evelo product but cannot pass up the step-through frame and manual (cable) CVP hub controller Dosh has.
For What it is Worth - - an update - -
I exchanged the '22 Evelo Dash for a '22 Aurora Limited as I was having issues with shifting the 5-Sp and then I and a few other owners reported Error-12 issues which shutdown all power assist.

After riding the '22 AL for about 50-miles I cancelled the Dost CVT pre-order. The fully manual NuVicini hub was my driving force for the Dost CVT but a combination of Dost's lonnnng leadtime and learning the AutomatiQ Hub in manual 9-stepped gear mode is a good ride for me . . . . . am over 125 miles now, Aurora Limited rides great

Back