2020 Black Friday Cyber Monday Ebike Deals

Offer available until November 30!!
that frame looks just like the e sport!
Mag wheels are nice

I'm a big guy at 200lbs, the Gravel X looks sweet but is a 250 mid drive comparable to a 500 hub drive (Espin Sport)?
Both motors would work for you. But since the mid-drive is a responsive system you would burn more calories riding that one. You also want to make sure the frame size is the right one for you (this Gravel has a 20").

6ft tall, 32 inch inseam, does that sound right for gravel x?
Yes, the Gravel-X will fit you well and is a much higher spec bike than the Espin... 250W mid-drive is a more powerful hill climber than a 500 hub drive.
The Yamaha system is known for reliability and natural feeling power delivery... take a look at the EBR review below. ;)

Easy Motion Rebel Gravel-X PW Review | ElectricBikeReview.com
BH Gravel X Yamaha Gravel road bike - Crazy Lenny's Electric Bikes (crazylennysebikes.com)
SPECIFICATIONS

Electronic Details:​

Motor:: Mid-drive motor, PW 250 Watts, Yamaha
Battery: 36v 11.11ah lithium ion – Lithium battery, Yamaha cells
Pedal Assist: Yes
Throttle: No
Display Panel: LCD with info on range, distance, speed, time, etc.
Assistance: 4 levels of assistance, torque, speed, cadence sensing.

Bicycle Details:​

Brakes: Shimano mechanical disc w/Ice Tech rotors
Tires: Schwalbe G-One 700x40c
Drivetrain: Shimano 105 2×11
Tires: Schwalbe G-One 700 x 40c
Fork: BH Alloy
Shock: NA
Adjustable Stem: No
Brakes: Shimano Mechanical disc with 160/140mm Ice Tech rotors
SIZE: Medium (for riders 5’5″ to 6’6″)
WEIGHT: 40 lbs

I did read and view, I like the bike and Yamaha is nice stuff.
No kickstand, lights or fenders, I could easily add all that but it's a negative.
It's 2 year old (3 year old?)tech/bike already superseded by Yam X motor. If the price was a bit lower and free ship it would be more enticing. That MSRP number is BS, they wanna get rid of it, discount it! I'm watching.
Thanks

I did read and view, I like the bike and Yamaha is nice stuff.
No kickstand, lights or fenders, I could easily add all that but it's a negative.
It's 2 year old (3 year old?)tech/bike already superseded by Yam X motor. If the price was a bit lower and free ship it would be more enticing. That MSRP number is BS, they wanna get rid of it, discount it! I'm watching.
Thanks
Dude. It’s such a great deal. If you ride this and the E Sport back to back, it’ll be such an easy decision. A newer bike does not mean a better bike or more advanced technology. Cadence sensor vs torque sensor. Middrive vs hub drive. 7xNm torque vs 55Nm torque. High end Shimano components vs very low end components. 55 pounds vs 4x pounds. What does the E spin have better? A discount price will not be much of a consolation when it’s such a lower spec bike. If you haven’t done any test rides yet, I’d recommend it. A middrive with a torque sensor feels like riding a bike with superhuman legs. Riding a hub drive with a cadence sensor feels like riding with an unresponsive on/off switch. I’d hop on the Rebel Gravel.

I've been staring at the Gravel X on/off all morning, it is my type of ride. Regarding great deal, what were these actually selling for, not the MSRP? Thanks for all the good words
That torque increase is tremendous, hadnt noticed till you pointed it out
also is this company outta business in the states, will my warranty be covered?

Last edited:
I've been staring at the Gravel X on/off all morning, it is my type of ride. Regarding great deal, what were these actually selling for, not the MSRP? Thanks for all the good words
That torque increase is tremendous, hadnt noticed till you pointed it out
also is this company outta business in the states, will my warranty be covered?
Get the Gravel-X with the Yamaha mid-drive... you will not be disappointed.
My riding buddy has one and it is a torque monster and has rock-solid reliability.
BH has left the US, however, they have warranty coverage from the EU... you won't need it. ;)
For the price discounted price of $1,400, it is a no-brainer compared to the MSRP of $3,400.

1606621676217.png

Get the Gravel-X with the Yamaha mid-drive... you will not be disappointed.
My riding buddy has one and it is a torque monster and has rock-solid reliability.
BH has left the US, however, they have warranty coverage from the EU... you won't need it. ;)
For the price discounted price of $1,400, it is a no-brainer compared to the MSRP of $3,400.

View attachment 72914
I messaged the seller today and he said they were 2019 models, were these even made in 19? can you tell by color scheme?

I messaged the seller today and he said they were 2019 models, were these even made in 19? can you tell by color scheme?
I've done a lot of searching on this site and saw that some gravel x were delivered with upgraded Yamaha motor (or what they call SE with upgraded display), would that be 2019 models or just luck of the draw?
and no concerns about mechanical disc being sufficient to stop?
and then I read mid drives eat chains? should that be a concern? thanks everybody

Last edited:
I've done a lot of searching on this site and saw that some gravel x were delivered with upgraded Yamaha motor
(or what they call SE with upgraded display), would that be 2019 models or just luck of the draw?
and no concerns about mechanical disc being sufficient to stop?
and then I read mid drives eat chains? should that be a concern? thanks everybody
The PW-SE motor and display seem to be luck of the draw. (Lenny's photos show the PW motor/display)
The 160/140mm Ice Tech rotors are excellent and I would not worry about chain wear until 2-3,000 miles.

The PW-SE motor and display seem to be luck of the draw. (Lenny's photos show the PW motor/display)
The 160/140mm Ice Tech rotors are excellent and I would not worry about chain wear until 2-3,000 miles.
yeah, I saw Lennys pics but is that just stock photo? looks like it
Ice tech rotors something special?
Gonna call tomorrow and see, have a message in now

Last edited:
Espin is having a big sale through November 30. I bought the Espin Sport a few days ago for $1049. They gave me this discount code at checkout to share with others, it's good for an additional $50 off.
ESPINSQUAD-KQSHIZ

Reactions: BET
yeah, I saw Lennys pics but is that just stock photo? looks like it
Ice tech rotors something special?
Gonna call tomorrow and see, have a message in now
Yes, Shimano Ice-Tech rotors use a bi-metal design to reduce heat and brake fade.
Let us know how it goes with your decision on the Gravel-X bike. Good luck! ;)

Last edited:
Yes, Shimano Ice-Tech rotors use a bi-metal design to reduce heat and brake fade.
Let us know how it goes with your decision on the Gravel-X bike. Good luck! ;)
we have not had any fade with them on our tandem. one long 5 mile downhill and they were still fine.

Last edited:
I will let you know, thanks
I have a BH gravel x. Mine has the PW-SE drive (with the PW-X display) which supports a higher cadence than the standard PW motor. At first I didn't think the higher cadence support would matter to me but it has been more useful than I thought it would be. You might want to check to see which version you would get from the seller. As much as I like the bike I might put it up for sale and do a mid drive conversion of another bike that I have.

Back