Protective Bike Gloves

I found a regular pair of the original MechaniX gloves, and a pair of fleece thinsolate gloves over the mechanix gloves blocks about 99% of cold and wi d, and I still have full use of controls. I'll try it for awhile before I invest in anything else. I just bought a 2 pack for $19.00 @ sams.

1670004046004.png

CHIBA Alaska Pro: German winter cycling gloves.

Depending on the temps (32-50F), wind, and precipitation, I may wear:
  • Rather thick 5-finger CHIBA gloves (with a waterproof membrane)
  • More lightweight 5 -finger CHIBA gloves (ditto)
  • Modern motorcycle gloves.
I do not wear gloves above 50 F. Yes, I own a pair of fingerless summer gloves but I hate wearing them as they tend to obstruct the circulation in my hands. I only wear them for demanding off-road rides.

Oahu, sayest thou :)

Maui was a whaling community before pineapples. Whale oil would be processes for gear lube and sold to the military and to industrialists for upkeep of locomotives and sugar cane press scattered around the Hawaiian archipelago.
I'm spending a lot of time on the forum because I was having severe cramping on my fingers and I didn't feel like going to work with such discomfort. I had an idea to search the internet for a pair of gloves to alleviate the cramping. One of my golfing friend that I have not seen or heard from had arthritis he wore special gloves.
I needs to look for that or maybe check with my doctor to find out what she would recommends.
No idea if it's the solution for your hands, but have you tried getting more potassium in your diet? Bananas. Nu-Salt. Sometimes when people have leg cramps at night it helps them to add potassium. It's an electrolyte, I guess, so they put some into sports drinks also.

Hey, thanks for sharing your experience with the MechaniX gloves and the fleece thinsolate gloves! Those gloves seem to be a good combo for blocking the cold and wind. As for me, I don't usually wear gloves when biking, but sometimes I end up with cuts on my fingers that need protection. I discovered this reliable online store for buying reliable and cheap Finger Cots online. So, I just bought a bunch of them, and I always have some on hand when I need them. Do you have any other recommendations for protective bike gloves that are affordable? I'm always on the lookout for new gear that won't break the bank.

Last edited:
Do you have any other recommendations for protective bike gloves that are affordable? I'm always on the lookout for new gear that won't break the bank.
See post # 11. The $2 cotton/polyester/kevlarbumps garden gloves have prevented road burn & sunburn on me. Good for above 55 F.

Back