Tero X 5.0 quality

Sopa

Region
USA
When my bell fell off the bike at 3 months of use, I wasn't too bothered because I wanted a spurcycle anyway, but yesterday my headlight fell off (plastic mount broke), at 6 months of use, and about 1900 miles. The kickstand fell off at one point, but that didn't involve broken parts. I'm wondering if anyone else is having issues. I've ridden the bike on some pretty rough single track, but it mostly commutes and rides gravel. I still love the bike though, just got first new back tire and chain, and upgraded pedals to Yoshimura, and grips to Ergon. I love this bike!

Perhaps you should have bought a Levo :) No bell, lights, rear rack or a kickstand :)

Sorry to hear about your experiences though, I sympathise with you!

Sorry, I'm no help. The last Specialized bike I had was a 1985 StumpJumper. Rode it hard on Marin County trails for years, and nothing fell off besides me.

But I will say this: Just going by EBR posts, higher-end bikes definitely have their share of problems, large and small. In the ebike realm, as elsewhere, reality's more complicated than "you get what you pay for".

I just hit 1000 miles on mine so I will enjoy the headlight while I still can. I swapped the bell for an Oi Luxe (don't get the cheap one) to make room for innerbarends so the old one definitely can't fall off.

The sacrificial bit of the kickstand does keep getting loose. I should really remove the screw and Loctite it but instead I keep tightening it up.

Got a quick fix going, all credit to zip ties! I've reached out to a special ops machinist I know to see if he can fab up something that could work with front basket mount. So far he replied Holy F_ _k! to my inquiry. We'll see, but at least now I can use my bar bag now that light is out of the way. And @Stefan Mikes, the vado is awesome, but I need panniers for commute. @Jeremy McCreary, I still have my 90? Stumpy for a bar bike, it never breaks! @Ben J, I used loctite on mine, but wondered why Specialized didn't in the first place. Should be a fun adventure either way.

Attachments

• light.jpg
    light.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 110
  • tube.jpg
    tube.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 119
something that could work with front basket mount
I think I'd still want mine to turn with the handlebars, even though that doesn't help a ton in turns.

Honestly the pro side of that breaking off is that it's one less thing tying you to the stock stem. I'm thinking of changing my stem (going shorter) and it's fairly integrated to the electronics.

Back