Please Suggest Most Comfortable Saddle

Okay, okay.

Largely because of being introduced to them by @K PierreR , I ordered an Infinity E2 .

I'll start experimenting in a couple of weeks. My biggest concern is that all of the other cyclists will laugh at me because I paid so much for a ridiculous-looking bike seat. From various reviews on youtube and elsewhere my biggest concern is that my sit bones might not fit the saddle.

So we shall see.

Butts are like snowflakes, no two alike. It´s a never ending search for the most comfortable. Just two
saddles were ever comfy for me, a 50+ yr. old Brooks B-72 that recently died, & the one on my 60 yr. old
Schwinn stationary bike, neither of which will fit a modern seat post.

Okay, okay.

Largely because of being introduced to them by @K PierreR , I ordered an Infinity E2 .

I'll start experimenting in a couple of weeks. My biggest concern is that all of the other cyclists will laugh at me because I paid so much for a ridiculous-looking bike seat. From various reviews on youtube and elsewhere my biggest concern is that my sit bones might not fit the saddle.

So we shall see.
This morning I went for a ride with my normal, ride three days a week bike group. They were amazed at the ride that I did but their focus was not on the bike but renewed interest in the Infinity saddle. They realized I sat on it for over 8 hours and showed up the next day to ride with them without the mention of being sore. That is not the focus I was expecting.

This morning I went for a ride with my normal, ride three days a week bike group. They were amazed at the ride that I did but their focus was not on the bike but renewed interest in the Infinity saddle. They realized I sat on it for over 8 hours and showed up the next day to ride with them without the mention of being sore. That is not the focus I was expecting.
That E2 is scary looking. Clearly it would prevent heat build up, but it looks to have been designed by a
proctologist. That´s a lot of money for so little saddle, jez sayin´.🤔

That E2 is scary looking. Clearly it would prevent heat build up, but it looks to have been designed by a
proctologist. That´s a lot of money for so little saddle, jez sayin´.🤔
Your reaction to the E2 is nearly 100% universal, even among your friends who know you and trust you.
What got me is the fact that they could not have trusted me all that much if there is big renewed interest in the Infinity saddle. I have been riding it for two years, they know that I have hip joint trouble and cannot get off the bike easily. That should have been enough. I guess the total reality hit them in the face with the length of time I was on the bike the day before and my condition this morning. The proof is never what you say but in the acts of what you do and how you fair.
My friends did not attribute the 130+ miles yesterday to the e bike system. They attributed it to the saddle.

I have been riding a Selle Anatomica H2 with gel padded shorts for some time now. Not perfect but the best I have found after much sampling and accumulating a fair pile of saddles.

I have been curious about the Infinity for a while and recently contacted them. Base on my physiology, bikes and where I ride the recommended their E1x which has the center filled with basket weave embossed leather rather than beeing open

"
Favicon-1.png
The E1X-Series is an ideal choice for a more relaxed upright Road cyclists, TT, MTBers, Cyclocross, Gravel, Ultra-cyclist and the Weekend Warrior."

E1X.jpeg

I went for a fun gravel ride up some logging roads, with some good climbing and some thrilling downhills last week with a good friend who is a former road racer and now a pro bike fitter. I was riding my new Cannondale Topstone Carbon Neo 3. He rode a higher spec Specialized Turbo Creo. I asked about the Infinity E2 he was riding. He told me that he has found it to be the best long distance, all purpose saddle he has. And even better that he had another one hanging on the wall in his shop.

He offered to let me borrow if for a month or so to give it a thorough test. I went for my first ride with it on Thursday, 37 miles with zero sit bone discomfort. However there was a bit of chaffe and irritation circa the boys. I made the mistake of wearing padded shorts as Infinity recommends not wear thick padding. I will try thinner padding and no padding this week.

Infinity has quite a few videos on getting a good fit and getting the saddle adjustments just right. One of the things they recommend is getting the rails perfectly level. Then if it feels like you need to tilt the nose down to relieve pressure on the jewels, don't tilt it but rather, drop the saddle down 2mm and back 1mm until you find the comfort spot. This presumes you have done all the other pre-adjustments recommended in their videos.

I'll report back as I get deeper into the testing on the E2.

E2-white.jpg

Last edited:
too much up curve for me hard to tell but I really need a flat saddle.
The Infinity saddle blows up all the theories you ever had about saddles and need.
The worst part is still listening to everyone else's self appointed expert comments about your choice of saddle.
Seems like when you ride 132 miles, right in front of them and you are still fine, that the smiles and smirks go away and the saddle is really examined.

We will need a report. You gotta put some miles on it to really asses the thing. I mean, I believe Pierre but maybe he's got a weird butt or something. 🤣
I have to laugh. "What goes around comes around" is my thoughts. I have to admit that I did not pay for my Infinity saddle. There was no way on gods green earth that I was going to pay that kind of money for half a saddle that I knew by looking at it, was not going to work. A lot of water has gone under my bridge and 99% of it has been snake oil. The Infinity saddle pegged my BS meter big time.
I have a vast knowledge base that I share with those whom will listen and have a lot of grateful friends. One of those friends, whom rides an Infinity saddle went out and bought me an Infinity saddle as a gift.to finally give back. When that happens you don't insult the giver so I gave the saddle a try.
I did everything wrong and it took a lot of trial and error to get the Infinity saddle just right. When I did get the saddle just right, it was heaven and I was most grateful. Even first trying out the poorly adjusted saddle, it was still better than what I had.
When something like this comes along, I take notice and look around because, there has to be a catch to it. I haven't found anyone whom did not have a very positive experience with this saddle so I do recommend it even though I know I rejected this very saddle myself.
I put out this information knowing full well its highly likely to be rejected. I do not feel rejected or in the slightest bit rebuffed if someone does not take my suggestion. I realize at the end of the day, my ass is still comfy and unaffected by anyone else's rejection. If my saddle broke today, I would order a new one today.

I did everything wrong and it took a lot of trial and error to get the Infinity saddle just right. When I did get the saddle just right, it was heaven and I was most grateful. Even first trying out the poorly adjusted saddle, it was still better than what I had.
This is good to hear because it nails one of the concerns I had about the product. The fitting process they have on their site approximates what a decent Bike Fit will do, and my experience with those is that, on average, most people can get pretty decent results with most any saddle if the saddle is properly adjusted. And tiny changes in saddle height and front or back positions can make a dramatic difference. Maddeningly, changes in stem height or even in pedals can make a night-or-day difference in butt comfort.

What I'm looking for here is a saddle I can ride comfortably for seven or eight hours even on very rough roads. To that end I also have a Kinekt 2.1 seat post coming as well to replace the old tired Thudbuster ST.

I did something bad today:

tempImagew1xyVK.jpg

tempImage9nkQNN.jpg

That monstrosity is a Pedego Beach Cruiser Seat. It is about as fluffy and soft as a tempur-pedic pillow. My butt gets lost in it. It also gets hot and sweaty on a long ride on a warm day, and I need to pedal kind of bow-legged to clear the saddle. Also, the saddle rails don't allow much adjustment.

But if it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid. So when I find a decent rubber thingy to replace the worn-out one in the thudbuster I think this seat will live on the thudbuster.

I do fear that the other cyclists will laugh at me...

Then you pull out the seat on crack and they won’t laugh at you. They’ll know you’re a real man.

Back