Please Suggest Most Comfortable Saddle

I did something bad today:

View attachment 86104

View attachment 86105

That monstrosity is a Pedego Beach Cruiser Seat. It is about as fluffy and soft as a tempur-pedic pillow. My butt gets lost in it. It also gets hot and sweaty on a long ride on a warm day, and I need to pedal kind of bow-legged to clear the saddle. Also, the saddle rails don't allow much adjustment.

But if it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid. So when I find a decent rubber thingy to replace the worn-out one in the thudbuster I think this seat will live on the thudbuster.

I do fear that the other cyclists will laugh at me...
Have you had a chance to try out the Infinity saddle Mr. Coffee? Your setup and riding is similar to mine...I'm interested in your impressions of the Infinity off the pavement.

I did something bad today:

View attachment 86104

View attachment 86105

That monstrosity is a Pedego Beach Cruiser Seat. It is about as fluffy and soft as a tempur-pedic pillow. My butt gets lost in it. It also gets hot and sweaty on a long ride on a warm day, and I need to pedal kind of bow-legged to clear the saddle. Also, the saddle rails don't allow much adjustment.

But if it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid. So when I find a decent rubber thingy to replace the worn-out one in the thudbuster I think this seat will live on the thudbuster.

I like your style.

DRIFTER saddle LEGACY.jpg

Does anyone have a RAD City (or other RAD bike) with their softer saddle option? Is it that much better than the standard one? Thanks!

The “most comfortable” saddle is one that fits your anatomy and your riding style. It’s gonna be different from person to person.
However.
Dang thats a nice lookin'Bike, the only thing I dislike is the chain.
being the Procrustes type I can adapt to many different things, semi comfortable is good enough for me.( sorry bad example I do not have to cut anything off to fit,I know people who are going to move a vehicle ten yards who have to adjust the seat.)

I have to say, that looks like the most comfortable bike to ride! I'm not ready for it yet, but one day I might get such a bike. Or rather the seat set up with the lumbar support and stingray handlebars.

No, what to laugh at. I only wonder whether the saddle springs don't defeat the purpose of your Thudbuster (harmonic oscillations between the two?) Don't you feel like being on a pogo-stick on some rough surfaces?

No, what to laugh at. I only wonder whether the saddle springs don't defeat the purpose of your Thudbuster (harmonic oscillations between the two?) Don't you feel like being on a pogo-stick on some rough surfaces?
I'm using a similar set up. Think of it as progressive suspension. The bigger the hit, the more it compresses.

No pogo stick sensation I've noticed.....

I am looking for a. comfortable seat for my ebike. I am new to ebikes.
I have a Aventon Aventure and ride mostly on the road, I will be riding some greentrails also. My butt doesn't last anywhere near as long as my battery , so far. I am considering either a Cloud 9, or a Serfas gel seat. Other suggestions? I am a larger guy ,6 ' 1", 255 lbs. I have some concerns that the Serfas seat may be too wide and interfere with pedaling . It looks comfortable. Later on I may get a suspension seat post if needed. Suggestions ?

I am looking for a. comfortable seat for my ebike. I am new to ebikes.
I have a Aventon Aventure and ride mostly on the road, I will be riding some greentrails also. My butt doesn't last anywhere near as long as my battery , so far. I am considering either a Cloud 9, or a Serfas gel seat. Other suggestions? I am a larger guy ,6 ' 1", 255 lbs. I have some concerns that the Serfas seat may be too wide and interfere with pedaling . It looks comfortable. Later on I may get a suspension seat post if needed. Suggestions ?
I’m about your stature. I’ve had a number of cruiser and conventional seats over the years both with and without suspension. Last year I bought a Brooks Cambium for my wife’s bike mostly for the aesthetic and outdoor resilience (it’s base is vulcanized rubber), and then discovered while building her bike that the saddle was very comfortable. For my new Specialized Vado SL I’ve again gone for a Brooks Cambium C17 in black, on a Kinekt XL seatpost. The Brooks saddle is only $95. Kinekt post 3x that almost. But it’s a very important upgrade for me so I can comfortably do long rides.
4361CB7A-E5EC-41F1-B0ED-2670E018FBDC.jpeg

@Alaskan Isn't it about time you report on that funny saddle you were trying out? I truly would like to know. :) 👍
I originally put the infinity saddle on my Cannondale Topstone Neo 3, replacing the Selle Anatomica H2. It was incredibly effective in eliminating sit bone pressure but chafe was an more of an issue. Fine tuning the tilt reduced but did not eliminate the chafe problem. I bought a pair of triathalon shorts with minimal padding and that pretty much did the trick. I have also taken rides with no padded shorts at all, which have been remarkably comfortable.

I did find that, with a drop handlebar, it was hard to get a seat angle that was right for both riding the hoods and the drops. If I sat squarely with hands on the hoods, the seat angle adjusted just right to not feel like I was sliding forward, going down to the drops put too much pressure on the boys. If I tilted the seat down at the nose to take the pressure off while in the drops, I felt like I was being slightly pitched forward while riding with my hands on the hoods. As a result I ended up going back to the Selle H2 which has been a favorite for three years. It is a better match for that bike.

The Infinity sat on a hook for two months until recently when I put it on our Trek Allant 9.9S. It is a match made in heaven, the best seat ever on that bike, where there is not a shift from more upright to more aero ride position. I was able to quickly get the angle just right. The is absolutely no sit bone discomfort, I am both relaxed and supported in the saddle, chafe is not an issue. Long rides on the Allant are devoid of any butt discomfort. I just don't notice the saddle at all, even after 40 plus miles on a ride. It feels like I can ride that bike with even more power with the Infinity saddle, hard to quantify but it sure feels that way.

As we recently sold our R&M Homage HS Rohloff, Nancy now rides the Allant with the Infinity. She was riding the Ergon ST Core Prime but has found the Infinity to be the most comfortable saddle she has ridden. Nancy is 5'10", 135 lbs. so she does not carry a lot of her own padding, nevertheless she has experienced zero sit bone discomfort with the Infinity and with the seat angle dialed in there is no chaffing issue for her either. Now we can both ride the Allant without changing saddles, just shifting the saddle position back and up a little for me or down and forward for her. I put some sharpy marks on the rails and seat post, one with an R and the other with an N to make the change in riders quick and easy.

infinity.jpg

Back