Please Suggest Most Comfortable Saddle

Finding the right (most comfortable) saddle for you is like finding the right shoes, you'll need to dig into it on your own. You have to consider the saddle, the adjustment of the saddle, and your ride position. if you have a suspension seat-post, remove it, find the best Saddle with a solid post which requires some longer trips and possibly recovery time if switching saddles. when you have found the right one, put back in your suspension seat-post if you have one. Some people have had luck with measurements, but others not. good luck.

I'm glad this thread was started. I wasn't as happy with that BV saddle mentioned earlier as I was my Cloud 9 saddle, but the Cloud 9 saddle appeared discontinued as the last seller who had it was more expensive at $45 or so, which disappeared, then Amazon was showing that message about not knowing if it will ever be in stock again. I checked back from time to time but gave up. But after reading this thread, I checked again, and it's back! So, I ordered one. This will be my third of this Cloud 9 model. I know I liked it better than a few others I had tried as far as comfort, but the vinyl starts cracking after a few months of riding, so it sucks in that respect. I had actually bought some leather to recover my old Cloud 9 saddle, but now I'll hold off to make sure this is as good as I remember. And only $26, and it says it will be in stock July 16th.

The Behemoth from Day 6 Bicycles: a thousand-watt, fat-tire comfort cruiser with lumbar support
I want one of these bicycles but the website is out . Where can I get one ? I only want the bike itself as I'll put m bbshd in it .

I see . I can wait for them to catch up as I have three bikes now but with my back surgeries , etc , this one with my bbshd would be great for me . Thanks .

It's now March 2021. I've already tried 2 cruiser saddles mentioned in this thread:
1) YLG Oversized Comfort Bike Seat - I couldn't feel it in-person before ordering: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QHTZHX...d-us000-pcomp-feature-scomp-wm-5&ref=aa_scomp
2) Selle Royal Premium Relaxed Journey - Got at a bike shop & it seemed like it would be great: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...1&pd_rd_w=7Kw0N&pd_rd_wg=H42EN&ref_=pd_gw_unk

None seem like they'll be any better than the 2 above, but they just weren't comfortable to me, especially #1. I guess #2 was alright. Am I expecting too much & searching for something that's impossible to find?

This $85 one is the only one left that might be good, but I saw it in person & it's HEAVY, not to mention too pricey so I won't be getting this: https://www.serfas.com/shop/products/saddles/crs-1-full-suspension-super-cruiser-w-lycra-cover/

Last edited:
It's now March 2021. I've already tried 2 cruiser saddles mentioned in this thread:

None seem like they'll be any better than the 2 above, but they just weren't comfortable to me, especially #1. I guess #2 was alright. Am I expecting too much & searching for something that's impossible to find?
Infinity Seat saddle. I said it, your not likely to be convinced without actually trying one, if someone can even get you to try it. The only box of yours it ticks is comfort. I converted at the suggestion of a friend and I have not run into anyone who would give theirs up. Hold your nose, you can buy two Walmart bikes for the price of this saddle. People whom see this saddle for the first time and hear the price, believe that you are insane.
Cushy saddles are great if you don't pedal.

“What is the most comfortable bicycle seat” is a LIE. There is no comfortable bicycle seat made. There are LESS uncomfortable seats. What may work for one person can cause major pain for another. I’ve been riding for 38 years and have found a few LESS uncomfortable seats butt (pun intended) won’t give a recommendation as my butt is different than your butt. What you wear next to your skin is important. Anything cotton will hold sweat and cause chafing on your tender regions as well as seams. A local bike shop could offer suggestions if you give them feedback on what bothers you on your current seat. I have three road bikes, one e-road bike, one mountain bike and one tandem. They all have different seats, some work better than the others.

Infinity Seat saddle. I said it, your not likely to be convinced without actually trying one, if someone can even get you to try it. The only box of yours it ticks is comfort. I converted at the suggestion of a friend and I have not run into anyone who would give theirs up. Hold your nose, you can buy two Walmart bikes for the price of this saddle. People whom see this saddle for the first time and hear the price, believe that you are insane.
Cushy saddles are great if you don't pedal.
“What is the most comfortable bicycle seat” is a LIE. There is no comfortable bicycle seat made. There are LESS uncomfortable seats. What may work for one person can cause major pain for another. I’ve been riding for 38 years and have found a few LESS uncomfortable seats butt (pun intended) won’t give a recommendation as my butt is different than your butt. What you wear next to your skin is important. Anything cotton will hold sweat and cause chafing on your tender regions as well as seams. A local bike shop could offer suggestions if you give them feedback on what bothers you on your current seat. I have three road bikes, one e-road bike, one mountain bike and one tandem. They all have different seats, some work better than the others.

Thanks guys!
K PierreR, but that's not a cruiser-type seat right? I just want something bigger than that.
Drbike, true. Everyone's different. What's good for one is bad for another, so it's a trial & error of buying a few & actually trying them out. So I got 2 so far. I could maybe keep that 2nd one I got, but let's see if the 3rd time's a charm!

Last edited:
Thanks guys!
K PierreR, but that's not a cruiser-type seat right? I just want something bigger than that.
Drbike, true. Everyone's different. What's good for one is bad for another, so it's a trial & error of buying a few & actually trying them out. So I got 2 so far. I could maybe keep that 2nd one I got, but let's see if the 3rd time's a charm!
I will say this. The Infinity saddle is the only saddle that I have ever sat on that gets more comfortable the longer you sit on it. At 100 miles its a lazy boy recliner. It's touchy on setup but once you get it right, there is nothing quite like it. I did not bother trying to solve the range problems until I solved the saddle problem.

Well, let's hope 3rd time's the charm. This time, I'm trying one of the Cloud-9 airflow styles with lycra fabric covering. I hope this one's the best!

Back