Pedego pricing

darksky

Region
USA
I'm considering purchasing two Pedego bikes, two folding locks, two mirrors, & one trunk bag. At posted retail prices the total will be about $7,000. Does anyone know if Pedego dealers will offer a discounted "package deal" if asked, or will they stick to the retail prices?

Back in 2018, I purchased 3 Pedego Platinum Interceptors from an out of state Pedego dealership. Not only did he give me a 15% discount on the price but he also agreed not to charge me the sales tax. He wrote up the order as "delivered out of state". Technically, this isn't completely legal but in effect, I became the "shipper" and it would be very hard to prove. It was a 3 hour drive one way across the state line but well worth it in the end.

I'm not sure where you live but if it's fairly close to a state line, you might try this approach. There are also dealers who will ship the bikes to you from another state without tax but then you'll pay the shipping. Talk to the dealer and see what can be arranged. Understand, I'm not suggesting you break the law, just skirt around it a bit. Sales tax laws vary from state to state though so it might be a good idea to investigate first.

Back in 2018, I purchased 3 Pedego Platinum Interceptors from an out of state Pedego dealership. Not only did he give me a 15% discount on the price but he also agreed not to charge me the sales tax. He wrote up the order as "delivered out of state". Technically, this isn't completely legal but in effect, I became the "shipper" and it would be very hard to prove. It was a 3 hour drive one way across the state line but well worth it in the end.

I'm not sure where you live but if it's fairly close to a state line, you might try this approach. There are also dealers who will ship the bikes to you from another state without tax but then you'll pay the shipping. Talk to the dealer and see what can be arranged. Understand, I'm not suggesting you break the law, just skirt around it a bit. Sales tax laws vary from state to state though so it might be a good idea to investigate first.
Not hard to prove now that you said it on a public forum! LOL

There's no sales tax in my state so trying to get around it is a non-issue for me.

Yes I am going to ask. I was just curious to hear other experiences.
Thanks

OP here with update. I bought the two Pedego bikes I had my eye on with the accessories described in my first post. Without going into detail, I got what I feel was a good deal. An excellent experience with my local Pedego dealer.

Back