Our Rides in Words, Photos & Videos

Well what a lazy, hot day I've had today! First I edged the walks, then mowed the front and back yards. Pulled some weeds, watered the plants. After that had a 40 minute conference call with a client about his perceived server issue :rolleyes: So then washed and dried a load of clothes, took a 13 mile ride into the city for some needed Starbucks nourishments. And it's only 3:30 pm :)

Now I've got a big pot of spaghetti simmering and fixing to put in the garlic bread for some broiling. Mmm mmm mmm!
Screenshot_20210428-152219_Strava.jpg

20210428_133151.jpg

New shiny pile of scrap.

20210428_153456.jpg
20210428_151707.jpg

20210428_135803.jpg

20210428_151521.jpg

Going to sleep good tonight, later peeps

TANNUS ARMOUR would have stopped that one going flat..
You think? I need something different! I’m getting tired of flat tires! Must say I’m disappointed with these SCHWALBE G-Ones as far as flats are concerned. Pondering different/better tires.
BTW, it was a 3/8” deep staple.

Took a ride to Queen Creek to stretch my legs. I was cool and breezy, never seemed to be riding with the wind, it was nice not to have hot feet.
Queen Creek is another township started from a water station for the old steam powered trains, now it is a bustling community on the south east side of the Valley of the Sun a gateway to the San Tan Valley.
22 miles, hour and twenty minutes mostly in level 2 assist.
51145989444_b027bcc8f9_b.jpg

51145209251_10780032f3_k.jpg

That field will soon be filled with homes excavators were just left of me in the picture, the ever-expanding valley, San Tan Mountains in the background. By the time I posted the skies have turned to overcast and a storm rolled in.

Ride through the city…

Newstead, Brisbane

Newstead Riverwalk (looking upstream)
The walking and cycle track can be seen next to, actually over, the left bank of the Brisbane River. A few kilometres upstream from the furthest building is where Allied submarines were based during WW2.

In the foreground is an African sausage tree, Kigelia africana. The little bird hanging from it is a noisy miner, Manorina melanocephala.

Roma Street Pakland, Brisbane Central

Roma Street Parkland
Brisbane Central

Last edited by a moderator:
Back