Our Rides in Words, Photos & Videos

Thanks PFL. The color is Battleship Blue which coincidentally is the same color as my lid. It looks like I'll be riding it more now that the Trance appears to be out of commission. I was all set to ride the trails this morning and it refused to power up. There is definitely an error code but I won’t know until I drop it off at the closest dealer on Monday. Certainly didn't expect this to happen on a two month old bike. :(
Hopefully it will be rectified soon. It is nice to have a backup and so your glass is half full. Around here the silly season has begun and the hardest thing is booking a time in the service dept.

Had a right old day.
Went up to the bike trails about an hour from here with about 8 of us all on electric mtbs..some brand new , top spec.
Of course Im on a no suspension fatbike and I had my teeth rattled out as expected.
Im in agony now..fell off and banged my knee, both my hips are sore from using my legs as suspension for 3 hours, my thumbs are numb and my feet keep randomly going in to extreme cramps.
So Im self medicating with beer.

To make matter worse, a few times a year I get migraines that are vision disturbance only and a really bad one started 20 mins into the ride, Im talking no central vision and jagged lights around the rest.
I soldiered on like an idiot and undoubtedly that was the cause of the fall.
Im trying to make a video and I cant even see that its started recording, cleared after an hour and the rest of the day was a scream.
The forest was packed with families, great atmosphere, everyone really excited to be out.

Were getting there.

Long Way Down
Lockyer Creek

Lockyer Creek

Lockyer Creek

My friends on their Specialized Levos took the low road across the Lockyer Creek which had been in flood last week. I'm sure my Homage could have tackled those rocks successfully but it's rider opted to take the photos from the trestle bridge. Here's an easier crossing that I did manage, not that there was an option.

Sandy Creek

Sandy Creek #54,321

For Where's Wally? fans: can you find the Specialized Levos (3 in top photo; 5 in lower – admittedly, no more than a handlebar grip in one of them).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully it will be rectified soon. It is nice to have a backup and so your glass is half full. Around here the silly season has begun and the hardest thing is booking a time in the service dept.
Those were my exact thoughts after I called a couple of shops in Edmonton and Calgary and was told the same with respect to being booked solid. A dealer closer to me in Lacombe advised me that I could bring it in first thing Monday.

Those were my exact thoughts after I called a couple of shops in Edmonton and Calgary and was told the same with respect to being booked solid. A dealer closer to me in Lacombe advised me that I could bring it in first thing Monday.
Yes last year I got great service at my LBS until the silly season arrived and then they got so swamped they stopped answering calls and emails. Then I found an Ebike-only shop that was a lot less busy but much farther away. So that looks like the plan again this year.

Thanks PFL. The color is Battleship Blue which coincidentally is the same color as my lid. It looks like I'll be riding it more now that the Trance appears to be out of commission. I was all set to ride the trails this morning and it refused to power up. There is definitely an error code but I won’t know until I drop it off at the closest dealer on Monday. Certainly didn't expect this to happen on a two month old bike. :(
As a person who part time repairs heating boilers, Ive seen them change from ultra robust and reliable , to heavily over complicated and fragile with multiple sensors mapped with ludicrously stringent parameters that are constantly giving out error messages that are more designed to protect the manufacturers from comebacks than make reliabe products
My 25 quid controller on my DH bike has been used and abused..soaked, dried out, shorted out, ran for hours at full power and it has never once failed to run the bike outside of my dodgy wiring.

This thread is fun. I have not been in it yet. My ride from Wednesday.
Total miles round trip 94.5
Average speed 14.5 mph
Max speed 42.1 mph
watt hours used 1,364
Watt hours per mile 14.43
Me, bike and trailer 370 lb
No throttle, pedal only.
Max grade 17%
28 miles paved 66.5 unpaved, Gravel flat towpath, the paved 2,149 ft climb.
Max battery power 1,180 watts peak on 17% grade
IMG_1882.JPG
IMG_1883.JPG
IMG_1892.JPG

Average speed 14.5 mph
Max speed 42.1 mph
watt hours used 1,364
No throttle, pedal only.
Max grade 17%
Max battery power 1,180 watts peak on 17% gradeView attachment 84355View attachment 84356View attachment 84357
Welcome! Can you send a few closer pics of your rig there? It looks interesting.

Pierre, I know from the 'likes' on your Totally Absurd and Daunting Problems threads that the contributors to this thread are intrigued by your planned adventures.

Keep the reports and photos coming! They'll be appreciated, especially by those who for the past twelve months have been unable to venture far from home.
David

Last edited by a moderator:
Average speed 14.5 mph
Max speed 42.1 mph
watt hours used 1,364
No throttle, pedal only.
Max grade 17%
Max battery power 1,180 watts peak on 17% gradeView attachment 84355View attachment 84356View attachment 84357
whoa, 94 miles 62 on gravel, (and pulling a trailer) you are in David Berry's routine efforts - and I would be happy with a third of this kind of effort - nice!

Snapped this little bit ago, couldn't ride today; waiting on new fridge and new bed. I really need the new bed, will prolly hit it early tonight 🥳 You can barely see the second rainbow above the main one but it was cool. It was raining with the Sun shining too!

View attachment 84351
Great shot. Double rainbows mean good news coming according to tradition.

Average speed 14.5 mph
Max speed 42.1 mph
watt hours used 1,364
No throttle, pedal only.
Max grade 17%
Great Info and really impressive effort. Quite a lot of weight with all the batteries, trailer and all.

7 hours in the saddle! That looks like an Infinity Bike Seat on your bike. How do you like it. Do you have any experience with either Brooks or Selle Anatomica? If so a comparison to one or both of those would be quite helpful as I am quite familiar with both.

Had a right old day.
Went up to the bike trails about an hour from here with about 8 of us all on electric mtbs..some brand new , top spec.
Of course Im on a no suspension fatbike and I had my teeth rattled out as expected.
Im in agony now..fell off and banged my knee, both my hips are sore from using my legs as suspension for 3 hours, my thumbs are numb and my feet keep randomly going in to extreme cramps.
So Im self medicating with beer.

To make matter worse, a few times a year I get migraines that are vision disturbance only and a really bad one started 20 mins into the ride, Im talking no central vision and jagged lights around the rest.
I soldiered on like an idiot and undoubtedly that was the cause of the fall.
Im trying to make a video and I cant even see that its started recording, cleared after an hour and the rest of the day was a scream.
The forest was packed with families, great atmosphere, everyone really excited to be out.

Were getting there.
I get horrible leg cramps in hot weather. Dill pickle juice will stop them almost immediately. I swear it. I also get the visual migraines. 20 years now. Naproxen Sodium ( Aleve ) knocks them out in 20 minutes.

Ive never thought of medication.
Is that an epelipsy drug..my dad is on those for his migraines.
Searched..its an oral analgesic, not really practical to have on me for the two times a year I get it. :)

I take naproxen sodium (generic for Aleve) an nsaid (non steroidal anti-inflammatory drug) pretty much daily for arthritis in both hips and middle knuckle of my right hand and inflammation in the anterior tibialis tendon in my foot. It is pretty gentle stuff but can effect the stomach lining and impact the liver if taken in excess. YMMV

Back