Old man, new bike, massive hills, lesson learned

Neverlost

Region
USA
I got my new Yamaha crosscourt RC a couple of weeks ago but immediately went to see the new grandchild in Europe and then came back and had a massive cold that I caught on a French train. It put me down for nine days and I’m still not 100% but I had to go out and try the new E bike.

I was doing great in my very hilly neighborhood here in North Carolina and decided to see how it really declined the biggest hill in the neighborhood. I can’t say what the grade was, but it’s very steep here in the Blue Ridge Mountains. I did really well for a little while and went down to the first gear and had the bike in automatic, so it was pulling like a horse, but it just couldn’t make it either with the power or me still being a little bit Sick.
I looked up after getting off the bike awkwardly and realized this was extremely steep hill, but I remembered I had walk mode mode and literally pulled me up the hill like a rope tow at a ski resort.
I never thought much about walk mode, but I can see this as a hill climb mode and very helpful.

I never thought much about walk mode, but I can see this as a hill climb mode and very helpful.
It sometimes happens to me to be confronted with very steep and high stairs (for instance, leading onto a bridge-head; on at train stations) on my rides. Walk Mode is my friend there.

I got my new Yamaha crosscourt RC a couple of weeks ago but immediately went to see the new grandchild in Europe and then came back and had a massive cold that I caught on a French train. It put me down for nine days and I’m still not 100% but I had to go out and try the new E bike.

I was doing great in my very hilly neighborhood here in North Carolina and decided to see how it really declined the biggest hill in the neighborhood. I can’t say what the grade was, but it’s very steep here in the Blue Ridge Mountains. I did really well for a little while and went down to the first gear and had the bike in automatic, so it was pulling like a horse, but it just couldn’t make it either with the power or me still being a little bit Sick.
I looked up after getting off the bike awkwardly and realized this was extremely steep hill, but I remembered I had walk mode mode and literally pulled me up the hill like a rope tow at a ski resort.
Hi Neverlost, My wife and I just got yamaha rc models, very nice bikes- could you tell me how long it took to get 2nd battery from yamaha? Thanks, Bob.

Back