Okay, talk me out of cancelling my CCS order

Well I'm not happy! About 2 weeks ago I had emailed Juiced about upgrading to a 10 speed drivetrain, and inquired about when I would likely be getting my bike. Their response was, out of stock on the 10 speed, and I should see shipping between 4-19 and 4-26. I emailed Juiced 2 days ago, (4-25,) about a time frame for getting my bike. They finally replied today and stated my bike would hopefully be shipped between 5-9 and 5-16. I am very frustrated right now. I am basically looking at a minimum of 2 months between my purchase and the bike being shipped, and that is assuming Juiced will even ship on the new dates. When I ordered it was slated for April delivery. They really need to get their distribution problems figured out.
I am planning on going to test ride a few ebikes tomorrow. Will see how it goes.
I am beginning to think I should've just built a bike. I'd have been riding it for a good while now. :mad:

Hi Chris, I'm with you 100%. At this point I'd be frustrated and not happy as well. I'm troubled by the word 'hopefully' in their reply to your email...." my bike would hopefully be shipped between 5-9 and 5-16. I like your idea of test riding some bikes locally I'm guessing. Good luck.

John from CT

36v bikes are 20mph or lower, as a general rule.
A speed most eBikes are built to still be able to stop from effectively, and generally the law. 20MPH and under. Why I like MAC motors...36V-60V capable with the right controller. 500W-1500W handily.

Some misunderstanding here. You can get 28 - 30+ mph from a 36V lithium battery. The top speed of the system is dependent upon both the programming on the controller and how the motor was wound. Some motors are built to be speedy at 36V but lack climbing (torque) ability others are designed for climbing ability with a speed limit in the controller which will optimize for that range. Higher amp hour batteries will provide more range no matter what the voltage, so I think you are arguing over clouds :)

Got mine today. Spent the evening assembling, test riding, and putting on some add ons. Wow what an awesome bike. I had it up to 33 mph on the flats, going up a fairly steep hill at 25. I plan on riding to work in the morning which is 30 miles. It should be a good test of range an performance.

Nice :). 30 miles each way? You may have the highest mileage bike soon....

Got mine today. Spent the evening assembling, test riding, and putting on some add ons. Wow what an awesome bike. I had it up to 33 mph on the flats, going up a fairly steep hill at 25. I plan on riding to work in the morning which is 30 miles. It should be a good test of range an performance.
Let us know how the commute went. I've not received my bike yet but plan on using it for a 42 mile round trip commute, weather permitting. I've also got some small mountains to climb. You mentioned a steep hill. I would love some feedback on how hills/mountains affect the ccs.

Okay, my morning commute was awesome. I really enjoyed the ride. That is saying something because it was into a headwind which normally irritates me and sucks the fun out of it.
Unfortunately I forgot to reset the trip on my controller after playing around last night so I don't have exact stats for power consumption. I will attach a pic of the controller to this post when I can, but here's the basic info:
Starting V on controller this am was 55.4V, ending was 49.4.
Total Wh used was 703, which includes yesterday.
Total mileage was 36.9 mi; includes yesterday.
Total Ah was 13.2.
Max speed was 34.4; Avg speed was 22.8.

I spent the majority of last night in S mode just enjoying the power of the bike.
This mornings commute, I spent most of the ride at level 2 (level 3 or midpoint for non-Juiced folks).
At level 2 my riding speed mostly fluctuated between 24 and 29 mph, and I was using 400 to 500 watts. I didn't want to use S on the commute today as I wanted to get a baseline on battery performance. I'd guess for the morning I used ~ 500 Wh. I did use S a bit at the end of my ride when it was obvious I would make it to work with plenty in the tank, and when I had to do my final climb into work that has a 15% grade hill for a few hundred yards. (I climb this on my road bike at ~6 mph, the CCS stayed at ~ 11mph) not bad with the weight differential.
Overall, I am so happy I waited on the bike. It is an amazing machine.

Sounds like the beast that we all wanted and ordered. How does it compare to the other bikes you've tried out? How was the initial set up?
Thanks for all your info, we all benefitmoving forward.

Okay, my morning commute was awesome. I really enjoyed the ride. That is saying something because it was into a headwind which normally irritates me and sucks the fun out of it.
Unfortunately I forgot to reset the trip on my controller after playing around last night so I don't have exact stats for power consumption. I will attach a pic of the controller to this post when I can, but here's the basic info:
Starting V on controller this am was 55.4V, ending was 49.4.
Total Wh used was 703, which includes yesterday.
Total mileage was 36.9 mi; includes yesterday.
Total Ah was 13.2.
Max speed was 34.4; Avg speed was 22.8.

I spent the majority of last night in S mode just enjoying the power of the bike.
This mornings commute, I spent most of the ride at level 2 (level 3 or midpoint for non-Juiced folks).
At level 2 my riding speed mostly fluctuated between 24 and 29 mph, and I was using 400 to 500 watts. I didn't want to use S on the commute today as I wanted to get a baseline on battery performance. I'd guess for the morning I used ~ 500 Wh. I did use S a bit at the end of my ride when it was obvious I would make it to work with plenty in the tank, and when I had to do my final climb into work that has a 15% grade hill for a few hundred yards. (I climb this on my road bike at ~6 mph, the CCS stayed at ~ 11mph) not bad with the weight differential.
Overall, I am so happy I waited on the bike. It is an amazing machine.

E-bike commute is the best kind of commute!
Enjoy that beast of a bike ;)

Sounds like the beast that we all wanted and ordered. How does it compare to the other bikes you've tried out? How was the initial set up?
Thanks for all your info, we all benefitmoving forward.
The only other bike I tested that compares well is the Trek Supercommuter 8. Ride quality is very similar between the 2. Honestly the seemless feel of the power delivery from the Trek was better than the Juiced, but its a small difference. The difference between the CCS and say the Magnum Metro+ is far more noticeable in this regard.
I would guess that the Trek would perform better in climbing test related to speed, but I doubt it'd be much different, and I wouldn't be surprised if the CCS did better. The top speed is clearly better on the CCS.
Initial setup is pretty easy if you are familiar with the basics of bike maintenance. Aligning the front fender was probably the most difficult thing and even that probably only took 20 minutes from start of install to finish. Other than that, if you can put on a skewered front tire, cut off zip ties, add reflectors and a bell, check the tightness of everything else, then you are good to go. Rear derailleur was already in tune and needed no adjustment, same for the brakes. I tested the bike after that. Worked great.
I spent a fair amount of time after that adding on things; sear mounted waterbottle holder, panniers, cyclo computer, chain catcher, etc.
Total time between assembly, add-ons, and playing on the bike was around 3 hours.

Let us know how the commute went. I've not received my bike yet but plan on using it for a 42 mile round trip commute, weather permitting. I've also got some small mountains to climb. You mentioned a steep hill. I would love some feedback on how hills/mountains affect the ccs.
So I live in Utah, there's plenty of hills and mountains. Based on my 60 miles of commuting today, I can safely say the CCS is a very capable bike for climbing hills. On most hills I was averaging nearly double the speed I do on my road bike on the same route. Downhill is a different story, as the road bike loves to roll and the difference becomes negligible in some cases. I do have a few alterations planned to my CCS to get me in a more aero seated position, as I really noticed the wind hitting my chest at 30 mph much more than I do on my road bike.
You have more mojo than I do. I used to ride 24 miles one-way when I was young, but no way would I do that today, even with an e-bike!
I am getting old myself, that's part of why I got the ebike. Riding into headwinds on the commute was sucking the fun out of it. Today's 60 miles of commuting, confirmed the decision as I had a minor headwind going to work and a strong (10+ mph) headwind coming home. I'd have been miserable before, today I was all smiles.

So I live in Utah, there's plenty of hills and mountains. Based on my 60 miles of commuting today, I can safely say the CCS is a very capable bike for climbing hills. On most hills I was averaging nearly double the speed I do on my road bike on the same route. Downhill is a different story, as the road bike loves to roll and the difference becomes negligible in some cases. I do have a few alterations planned to my CCS to get me in a more aero seated position, as I really noticed the wind hitting my chest at 30 mph much more than I do on my road bike.

I am getting old myself, that's part of why I got the ebike. Riding into headwinds on the commute was sucking the fun out of it. Today's 60 miles of commuting, confirmed the decision as I had a minor headwind going to work and a strong (10+ mph) headwind coming home. I'd have been miserable before, today I was all smiles.
What are you guys getting for battery life.

I

Something I am cont about is that I ordered the 48v battery but when I fully charge it the LCD says it has 54v. Does this mean something than I think it does ?

What are you guys getting for battery life.

I

Something I am cont about is that I ordered the 48v battery but when I fully charge it the LCD says it has 54v. Does this mean something than I think it does ?
IIRC, 100% charge on a 48V pack is around 54.4V; so it sounds like your pack is right on.
As far as pack life goes, I used a little over 500Wh on my 30 mile commute home yesterday. This was using assist level 2 for ~ 50%, level 3 for ~40%, and remaining 10% divided between Eco, 1, and Sport.
500Wh is slightly more than half of the 19.2 Ah pack, and slightly less than half of the 21Ah pack. I only charged the pack to 80% (55.4 V), and voltage read at 47.7 when I got home. Hope this helps.

IIRC, 100% charge on a 48V pack is around 54.4V; so it sounds like your pack is right on.
As far as pack life goes, I used a little over 500Wh on my 30 mile commute home yesterday. This was using assist level 2 for ~ 50%, level 3 for ~40%, and remaining 10% divided between Eco, 1, and Sport.
500Wh is slightly more than half of the 19.2 Ah pack, and slightly less than half of the 21Ah pack. I only charged the pack to 80% (55.4 V), and voltage read at 47.7 when I got home. Hope this helps.
Why is 100% of a 48V pack more than 48V

Why is 100% of a 48V pack more than 48V
Your 48V pack has cells in 13S configuration, which means 13 cells in series. The capacity of the individual cells at 100% is 4.2V, that x 13 cells = 54.6V .
The number of 13S series packs added together will determine Ah capacity.

Back