Okay, talk me out of cancelling my CCS order

They are the exception, and a couple of them post incessantly (Rooster and Lenny). If buying a Juiced is like playing Russian Roulette, you're not playing with 5 bullets in a six bullet cylinder... Not saying these things don't happen, but just giving a sense of scale. I had a technical issue and Juiced reimbursed me immediately ($20).
And I had an early failure of the battery and Juiced gave me instant and concerned response, sending me out a new battery on my mere say-so that it was bad, with no security for themselves and only a gentle request to send back the bad battery at my own convenience, with a pre-paid shipping label they supplied to slap on the replacement battery's box for return.

No beef, only gravy.

only what I have been reading lately in this forum. It seems that there have been numerous and frequent complaints here about lack of communication and responsiveness from Juices posted by new Juiced customers. Based on specs and reviews, I have been recommending that friends look at Juiced bikes as a lower priced alternative to European made bikes. However, I have been reading way too many gripes here on this forum from recent Juiced customers about lousy service to continue recommending them. My "evidence" has come from the Juiced bike brand treads on this forum.
I have to laugh a little at this one. I created this thread as a frustrated Juiced customer who was impatiently waiting on receiving the bike I had ordered. The complaints you reference here are from a group of people in the same situation, waiting on a bike order to be filled. This is frustrating , even infuriating at times. However, this is not evidence of poor product quality as you state. It is evidence of a company overwhelmed by demand for their product that far exceeds their current production capability.
I received my bike 2 weeks ago exactly. I have put over 560 miles on my bike in that time. I quite literally couldn't be happier with the bike. The quality of the bike has been outstanding. If I had chose not to wait, I'd currently be suffering with a bike that just isn't nearly as capable as the Juiced CCS.

Just to play devils advocate, but since no bike is perfect, who is to say that another is not just as capable as the CCS? Especially if you are buying off the 'net and have no way to test one way or the other.
Very fair question and I don’t think Chris meant other bikes aren’t as capable, as obviously some are and some aren’t, just that the CCS has met all of his needs.

Just to play devils advocate, but since no bike is perfect, who is to say that another is not just as capable as the CCS? Especially if you are buying off the 'net and have no way to test one way or the other.

I'll say it. There is no comparable commuter ebike until you spend $2k+ more. Only Stromer offers batteres as big, and for a lot more money (bike with battery).

If Juiced can replenish it's supply, it will force the rest of the industry to match (plus $300-500 for retail sales).

only what I have been reading lately in this forum....

That is a poor way to judge issues for any product. A forum is a place where the community comes together, when issues are reported, others can see and learn so if they have the issue in the future they can save time with the upgrade/issue.

I have my CCS with 52V, no issues at all. I'm not going to make a new topic with that because there is nothing else to talk about.

I'll say it. There is no comparable commuter ebike until you spend $2k+ more. Only Stromer offers batteres as big, and for a lot more money (bike with battery).

If Juiced can replenish it's supply, it will force the rest of the industry to match (plus $300-500 for retail sales).
I'm hoping they do just that. Their specs at their price point is a needed challenge to the whole ebike industry...so long as they address the perceived service and supply deficiencies.

So I did test ride 3 different ebikes during my research. The closest bike from a spec standpoint is the Magnum Metro+. This was the first ebike I tested. Quite honestly, the difference in performance between the CCS and the Metro+ is HUGE. I was able to get the Metro to 28 mph on flat terrain, but that was with unsustainably hard pedal effort (as in HIIT interval type effort). I would still be riding my non-e road bike to work if that was my best option, because the Metro wouldn't accomplish much to speed up my commute. Not to mention at the $2K price point the CCS battery has ~ 30% more capacity. On the CCS, I mostly ride in level 2 assist (mid point or level 3 on a Metro). I can sustain 28 mph fairly easily on flat terrain this way, and I can bump up to level 3 or S when needed climbing hills. (I rarely use S because there just isn't a need, the bike won't really assist faster than ~33 mph regardless). Otherwise, from a strictly riding standpoint the Metro+ and the CCS are quite similar.
I started this thread after testing the Trek Supercommuter 8. That really is a nice bike. It is very smooth and the power delivery is both seemless and strong. It is a bike I would be happy to commute on except for 2 huge factors; 1) it only has a 500 Wh battery, (after 2 weeks of commuting on the CCS my average one way power consumption is ~500 Wh) meaning I would fully deplete a fully charged battery twice per day (on my CCS I am only charging to 80% and rarely drop below 30%, meaning my battery will last many years longer; 2) It costs ~$2K more than the CCS with the 52V battery that has more than twice the battery capacity.

As Asher pointed out the only bike that is likely to provide similar performance is a Stromer ST2-S with the big battery. I will happily acknowledge the Stromer is a very nice bike, with better components, cleaner appearance, etc. But it's triple the price and still has a smaller battery. Clearly Juiced is offering unbelievable value and performance.

Last edited:
I have to laugh a little at this one. I created this thread as a frustrated Juiced customer who was impatiently waiting on receiving the bike I had ordered. The complaints you reference here are from a group of people in the same situation, waiting on a bike order to be filled. This is frustrating , even infuriating at times. However, this is not evidence of poor product quality as you state. It is evidence of a company overwhelmed by demand for their product that far exceeds their current production capability.
I received my bike 2 weeks ago exactly. I have put over 560 miles on my bike in that time. I quite literally couldn't be happier with the bike. The quality of the bike has been outstanding. If I had chose not to wait, I'd currently be suffering with a bike that just isn't nearly as capable as the Juiced CCS.
Actually Chris, the complaints I am referencing are from people who have received their bikes but have problems with them that are not getting satisfactory responses from Juiced. Customers with bikes are reporting lack of response to clear warranty issues. When you forgo purchase from a LBS, service from the maker is all you have left. If they do not have enough people, parts and supplies to keep their customers bikes running, I don't care how good the spec list is or how happy folks who's bikes are running well are. Every company will have warranty issues. Being properly staffed and supplied to deal with them is an important component of bike quality. Sorry if I got off the topic of delayed delivery, but it seemed related.

@Alaskan You have to remember that the vast majority of Juiced owners don't even participate in this forum. Of that small minority that do, people who have perfectly functioning bikes and/or are receiving good service don't have much to post about. People generally look to forums only when they are having some sort of problem (this is true about everything, not just bikes). That there are people here talking about service problems or bike problems says nothing about failure RATES or poor service RATES because we have no idea what the denominator of that equation should be. I'm not sure I've seen ANY product that has met with some success that doesn't have some people complaining about it. The iphone is the most successful cell phone in history and it's also the most complained about phone in history.

This forum has become something of an echo chamber for problems and complaints to get magnified. When people do mention good experiences, they tend to get drowned out. I'm not suggesting the problems aren't real or concerning, but that people are doing far too much assuming and extrapolating from this very skewed sample this forum represents. We actually have no idea how often warranty issues are going unaddressed. Based on this forum, despite perceptions, most people in this forum who've had a warranty issue have also said it was handled satisfactorily.

Actually Chris, the complaints I am referencing are from people who have received their bikes but have problems with them that are not getting satisfactory responses from Juiced.
I guess I just disagree with this statement. I am on these forums a lot and read pretty much everything related to Juiced. By far the biggest complaints are from the group I referenced, those who have ordered a bike and yet to receive it. The clearly are a few unhappy customers with issues on their bikes that they feel Juiced has failed to resolve. Please show me a bike maker without this same group???
Juiced has clearly had customer service issues in providing both timely response to inquiries, and giving realistic responses to time frames for those waiting. Personally, my interactions with Juiced customer support were better than that. I received responses to my questions fairly promptly (slowest was ~ 48h, fastest was within a few hrs). Juiced did miss their own first estimate of delivery in late April, when I inquired after that, the new estimate was for mid-May. I ended up getting my bike on May 9th (shipped on the 5th).
As far as quality goes, the only problem I have had in over 600 miles is the tail light failed. Juiced responded the same day to my inquiry, and sent a replacement which I have already put on and working well.

Although my bikes are different brands and I really like them both, I have no loyalty to either one. Just because I like my bike does not mean I fail to recognize the problems others are having with them or the company that makes them.

One of my bikes is a Riese and Muller Nevo that was delayed in delivery multiple times, each one with a less than credible explanation. It became clear that the company does not have well trained personnel to deal with timely delivery, shipping logistics and customs issues. Much as I love the bike and am totally impressed with how well it is made, I have called out the company for their lack of good service.

Statements of blind loyalty by happy customers do nothing to erase concerns raised by those who cannot get the parts they need to operate their bikes and have to try repeatedly to get answers to their requests for service.

I agree that at best these forums can inform is through anecdotal circumstance. There is nothing scientific or accurate in the sampling of opinions both good and bad, that appear on forums. Nevertheless, a customer considering a purchase, would be foolish to ignore concerns reported by more than one customer as potential evidence of a possible pattern of problems.

Although my bikes are different brands and I really like them both, I have no loyalty to either one. Just because I like my bike does not mean I fail to recognize the problems others are having with them or the company that makes them.

One of my bikes is a Riese and Muller Nevo that was delayed in delivery multiple times, each one with a less than credible explanation. It became clear that the company does not have well trained personnel to deal with timely delivery, shipping logistics and customs issues. Much as I love the bike and am totally impressed with how well it is made, I have called out the company for their lack of good service.

Statements of blind loyalty by happy customers do nothing to erase concerns raised by those who cannot get the parts they need to operate their bikes and have to try repeatedly to get answers to their requests for service.

I agree that at best these forums can inform is through anecdotal circumstance. There is nothing scientific or accurate in the sampling of opinions both good and bad, that appear on forums. Nevertheless, a customer considering a purchase, would be foolish to ignore concerns reported by more than one customer as potential evidence of a possible pattern of problems.
I don't see a lot of blind loyalty here. I see a vigorous dialogue, with those who are rooting for Juiced Bikes also quite willing to acknowledge the company's weaknesses. Point me to the blind loyalty threads, I'm willing to change my mind.

And then there are those for whom Juiced can do nothing right, who take every opportunity to complain or trash the company, with rarely anything positive to say.

What's the opposite of blind loyalty?

I don't see a lot of blind loyalty here. I see a vigorous dialogue, with those who are rooting for Juiced Bikes also quite willing to acknowledge the company's weaknesses. Point me to the blind loyalty threads, I'm willing to change my mind.

And then there are those for whom Juiced can do nothing right, who take every opportunity to complain or trash the company, with rarely anything positive to say.

What's the opposite of blind loyalty?

Yeah this isn't a Tesla forum :)

Back