No throttle and no way home today... :(

On a trail, higher technology yields to lower technology. So walkers yield to horses (the technology here being that presumably we can think better than horses, although the real reason is a horse could kick us, but anyways...) Then bicyclists yield to walkers because bicycles have brakes and go faster than humans. And ebikes should yield to acoustics on the trail because ebikes have more power than acoustics. And an adult would yield to a child generally, don't you think?

My point is that giving the finger and speeding off with your ebike in essentially motorcycle mode, gives mountain bikers and ebikes a bad name.

Also I have found that using a bell is less confronting than a horn. A horn is annoying and can be rude, where as who can feel confronted by a tinging bicycle bell? They are quite effective. Nobody has ever put up their dukes when I have warned them of my approach using a bicycle bell.

On a trail, higher technology yields to lower technology. So walkers yield to horses (the technology here being that presumably we can think better than horses, although the real reason is a horse could kick us, but anyways...) Then bicyclists yield to walkers because bicycles have brakes and go faster than humans. And ebikes should yield to acoustics on the trail because ebikes have more power than acoustics. And an adult would yield to a child generally, don't you think?

My point is that giving the finger and speeding off with your ebike in essentially motorcycle mode, gives mountain bikers and ebikes a bad name.

Also I have found that using a bell is less confronting than a horn. A horn is annoying and can be rude, where as who can feel confronted by a tinging bicycle bell? They are quite effective. Nobody has ever put up their dukes when I have warned them of my approach using a bicycle bell.
Kind of a back and forth battle when you're on the water on a river... The bigger boats generally have the right of way but they both with just a sale has the right of way because it cannot intentionally turn and steer around stuff like a boat with a motor could..
Both metaphorically fall within the rules of the road...

That's why I have both..
The bell also makes children smile and/or reciprocate which typically results in big smiles from their mommies as a bonus. 😊
The horn I use if the bell yields no results and on roads.

That's why I have both..
The bell also makes children smile and/or reciprocate which typically results in big smiles from their mommies as a bonus. 😊
The horn I use if the bell yields no results and on roads.
Maybe I'll get bells on a string and I'll call it my....

Nobody has ever put up their dukes when I have warned them of my approach using a bicycle bell.
Lol that's because they couldn't hear you !

You weren't there, so you don't know that I signaled him at least 20 feet with a chirp.
I have had ppl thank me for warning them. But there are ALWAYS jerks, looking for fights!
I guess you are okay with him feinting a punch???? Weird.
Did you also forget , he was on THE BIKE PATH???

Lol that's because they couldn't hear you !

You weren't there, so you don't know that I signaled him at least 20 feet with a chirp.
I have had ppl thank me for warning them. But there are ALWAYS jerks, looking for fights!
I guess you are okay with him feinting a punch???? Weird.
Did you also forget , he was on THE BIKE PATH???
I have no doubt that if any part of this tale is true that it is the part where you say “there are ALWAYS jerks”.

Flipping someone off and then using your throttle to get to a safe distance so that you can antagonize them, not once, but twice seems……. I’ll let you fill the rest in.

But there are ALWAYS jerks, looking for fights!

If you tell a story about how someone wanted to punch you in the face, nobody here is surprised. You are that kind of guy and you are totally to blame for that. This is the sort of thing where you may have a point to contribute, but because of how you behave, we all chalk it up to how you ... are. Words --> wasted. (like these on you).

Some cargo guy like @m@Robertson would love these bullet prof tires. You don't want a blowout on a loaded cargo bike at speed. I still never found out when he makes those deposits.
1656196733151.jpeg

Attachments

• Pick Up1.JPG
    Pick Up1.JPG
    180.7 KB · Views: 117
  • Pick Up2.JPG
    Pick Up2.JPG
    285.7 KB · Views: 111
Aloha ya'll!!!
I took delivery of this Canadian made ebike from a local Biktrix Dealer 7 weeks ago. It's my 2nd throttle equipped bike 1st one is an Aventon Level. This new one I'm able to shift on the go while full throttle. It has a motor cancel shift sensor.
On the flat freshly surfaced bike ways with 15mph trade winds pushing behind I was able to go 35+ mph on full throttle. It's sooo fast I was questioning my maxxis tires pressure set at 30 psi.
I absolutely love it, throttle up to keep my momentum and maintain a steady high cadence.
At first I thought I was not gonna get a good work out because of the throttle but indeed I do, just like on my German Bulls Evo 45AM. It's just at a faster pace.
Okay another round of full throttle here with Russian Vodka 😄.
I rode 25 miles and had 40% battery remaining.
BTW I'm charging it now with solar power.
I got those panels on top my roof to produce electric.
Very nice.

In New Hampshire, we share “bike paths” with pedestrians and horses. Throttles are prohibited on bike paths in New Hampshire. Both pedestrians and beasts of burden have right of way. Being polite and friendly is generally reciprocated. Flipping someone off and then using your throttle to run away “so that your bike doesn’t get damaged or you go to jail for hurting them”, (yeah, right), and then further antagonizing someone is not helpful.

The person that you antagonize might take it out on the next person that comes along, (some unsuspecting person without the benefit of a throttle to help them run away). Maybe the next time they won’t just feint the punch. Maybe they are concealing a handgun, (how does that throttle help you then?).

The real moral of the story should probably have been, be nice and share the path, not, be childish and escalate the situation by antagonizing someone from a safe distance, (aka cowardly and childish behavior).

Last edited:
If you tell a story about how someone wanted to punch you in the face, nobody here is surprised. You are that kind of guy and you are totally to blame for that. This is the sort of thing where you may have a point to contribute, but because of how you behave, we all chalk it up to how you ... are. Words --> wasted. (like these on you).
There is no reasoning with unreasonable ppl !
None of you were even there ! So sorry ur BS just reflects on what you are..

Much prefer "on your left" or "on your right" both giving and receiving.
Sorry... Nowhere near as effective as a bell as you can't be heard unless you're on someone's shoulder and most pedestrians are meandering glued to their phones. I ring 50ft in advance and I see people/cyclists 100ft+ down the path moving right. A bike bell is a well recognized sound and most know what to do when heard.
"On your left" only works with other experienced cyclists so it's best left to organized rides and events.
ps...saying it also doesn't give you the right of way

Last edited:
Sorry... Nowhere near as effective as a bell as you can't be heard unless you're on someone's shoulder and most pedestrians are meandering glued to their phones. I ring with a 50ft advance and I see people/cyclists 100ft+ down the path moving right. A bike bell is a well recognized sound and most know what to do when heard.
"On your left" only works with other experienced cyclists so it's best left to organized rides and events.
ps...saying it also doesn't give you the right of way
Personally dislike bells, ringing the bell also does not give you the right of way.

Voice much more friendly. Gaurantee you will notice my "on your left" well before the ding of a bell. Or is it the ice cream truck?

A LITTLE different approach personally. If the width of the path allows passing at a safe distance from the person being passed, and they don't seem to be wandering from side to side aimlessly, I say enjoy the peace, give them a wide berth and pass them with a friendly wave. The wife disagrees, saying everyone deserves the warning to avoid being startled (which happens to her easily).

Point being, I reserve the bell, and hollering on your whatever, for last resort situations. If the terrain allows, I'll even go out on the grass to allow a graceful no muss, no fuss pass. If it gets crowded, not going to push it. I'll just get off and walk the bike.... It's probably a nice day anyway if it's that busy....

Bottom line, I don't push any right of way. I'm not in any special hurry, and have no more right to be there than anyone else does.

Bottom line, I don't push any right of way. I'm not in any special hurry, and have no more right to be there than anyone else does.
Agree with this totally. I always slow down around pedestrians and tell my intent to avoid two people sharing the same spot. When walking, I appreciate someone telling me their intent when overtaking me.

We are fortunate our main MUP is not terribly busy.

Back