New Frey Owners

stobin723

Hey all, just thought we could start a thread for new Frey owners since the group order has shipped and many folks should be getting their bikes soon. I figured we could trade tips and tricks. I did not personally participate in the group buy but I think we will all be getting our bikes around the same time. My HT1000 is supposedly going to ship via air tomorrow.

My order can be found here
My first act of business (after the bike is assembled of course) is to modify the software per

I'm part of the group buy and the anticipation is killing me. Can I request people post updates in this thread when they receive their bikes or hear other updates about the order?

I couldn't help myself so I sent an email to Frey a couple days ago asking for a status update, and yesterday got a reply with a not-yet-active Fedex tracking number, and status reported as "customs clearance is being arranged". I was advised the tracking number will be active about one week after customs are cleared, so I'm guessing that probably means it'll be a couple more weeks at least. They'll presumably send out tracking numbers more generally once they're closer to actually being useful.

Since I felt a bit guilty bothering them with another "are we there yet?" email, I figured I'd share the status update here to maybe help a few others buyers hold off sending their own pings.

I'm part of the group buy and the anticipation is killing me. Can I request people post updates in this thread when they receive their bikes or hear other updates about the order?

I couldn't help myself so I sent an email to Frey a couple days ago asking for a status update, and yesterday got a reply with a not-yet-active Fedex tracking number, and status reported as "customs clearance is being arranged". I was advised the tracking number will be active about one week after customs are cleared, so I'm guessing that probably means it'll be a couple more weeks at least. They'll presumably send out tracking numbers more generally once they're closer to actually being useful.

Since I felt a bit guilty bothering them with another "are we there yet?" email, I figured I'd share the status update here to maybe help a few others buyers hold off sending their own pings.
Hey there, I’m in the same situation except I opted for air freight. Looks like that didn’t end up being money well spent because I’ll probably get my bike the same time as you. I also have an inactive Fedex tracking number. The latest is that it arrived in US @ LAX last week and is now going through the customs process. I called customs to see if I could get an update but unfortunately I don’t have any of the info they needed to find the parcel. I reached back out to Frey and they also didn’t have any of the information customs required. They assured me that I just needed to wait and it’s currently going through the process.

I have an account at Fedex.com so I can use their "FedEx Delivery Manager". It knows my address, so it lists my incoming packages and their status, though sometimes I see mysterious labels where I don't recognize the tracking number or sender. It turns out the Fedex label from Frey was one of those mystery labels, showing up in the Delivery Manager under the name "Sine Trading" back in early April. And better yet, just this evening I got a Fedex alert that the package has been received and should be delivered next week. So happy day, it seems my bike is almost here.

Anyway, the Fedex accounts are free and easy to setup, so anyone reading this who is eager to know when their bike will arrive ought to setup an account and look for incoming packages from Sine Trading.

Thanks for the tip. I'm part of the group buy as well so should be getting mine here in WA a few days after you assuming the container was shipped to CA which is closer to you. Just signed up for "FedEx Delivery Manager" but nothing shows up. Guessing it will take a day or two before it starts populating new stuff.

My Group buy Frey HT1000 arrived TODAY. I didn't receive any advance notice from Fed EX, It was just delivered. I live about a 100 miles from the Ports of LA/LB, I assume that is where they were shipped.

Hey guy,

I have 2 bikes coming from Frey, an AM1000 and an EX model. According to Abby, who has taken over for Grace in her absence, my bikes shipped on April 17th and are expected to land in the US around May 4th. She stated “the information will be extracted around May 13th” which I assume she means the date they are expected to clear customs. I do have a FedEx tracking number which is currently inactive but I assume will be active after they clear customs.

Unfortunately I missed the special shipping option they offered in December and the bikes were already in production when they offered the free shipping last month. I did receive a $100 discount on shipping for the second bike so it took a little of the sting out. Its possible that my bikes may actually be in the same shipment as the group buy but I have no information to confirm that. I live in the Albany,NY area and according to the FedEx tracking number they will ship from Pittsburgh,PA.

I’m really looking forward to getting these bikes and have been building trails on the forever wild land attached to my property while I wait. I’ve completed about 1 1/2 miles and it connects to the Empire State Trail which will be completed by November and covers nearly the length and width of the state.
I’m now building new loop trails that will eventually become my personal bike park. I’ll post pics as I complete them.

Abby sent pics of my bikes before they shipped to hold me over until they get here. I configured the AM1000 for touring and the EX for bike parks but also so my wife or daughter can accompany me on occasion. I expect we’ll be getting a third bike at some point since it’s already being discussed.
Stay safe and keep posting.
D25777A0-E443-4456-A5E3-7DA74BB00B13.jpeg
8154287A-B211-41E2-B271-C4CB9F594D50.jpeg
5CA886BE-CDB8-4C47-984F-6EF11C3BDE05.jpeg

I ended up emailing Frey for my tracking number as FedEx wasn't showing it via delivery manager. Looks like it left Carson, CA on Thursday and should be delivered on Tuesday:

1588420686950.png

Do you guys think there’s a chance I’ll get mine next week? Frey gave me the Fedex tracking number before the bike shipped but it’s remained inactive. I wasn’t part of the group buy, my bike shipped air freight but I think it shipped around the same time. Supposedly it arrived in the US 2 weeks ago.

I would contact Frey. Here is what my tracking info shows. Seems it is inactive until it gets picked up by Fedex in the US.

1588456822407.png

I would contact Frey. Here is what my tracking info shows. Seems it is inactive until it gets picked up by Fedex in the US.

View attachment 51412
So, are you saying Frey did something on their end when you reached out to them about your inactive tracking number? or just that the timing worked out that you reached out to Frey and Fedex happened to pick up the parcel around the same time? I mean Frey sent me the inactive tracking number a while ago. Not sure there's much more they can do. I've reached out to them for updates and they just say "it's a customs process now".

They never sent me tracking originally. When I saw people reporting they were getting their group buy orders I asked Frey if they could send me my tracking number. I would appear your order somehow got stuck in customs hell. It seems the group buy orders went thru customs faster, perhaps a different process for a big container? Or just luck of the draw?

The irony is that I had the opportunity to switch to the group buy sea freight option after my bike was built because air freight had gotten more expensive and Frey offered to refund me the difference if I switched to sea freight. They were kind enough to pay for whatever air freight cost in addition to what I had already paid. I opted to just keep air freight with the thought that it would arrive quicker and have a less turbulent journey. It seems that may have been a mistake.

Seems you are in Boston so perhaps landed and came thru customs on the east coast? Could be more red tape, especially with one off large packages coming from China. I hear ya, I probably would have just stuck with air freight if I wanted it sooner.

My AM1000 was delivered today (San Jose, CA)! Took me an hour or two to set it up and figure out how to change from kph to mph (among other settings), but nothing too complicated. I'll have to spend more time adjusting things, like getting the "maxle" lever in the right place and the shocks pumped to the appropriate pressure, but at least it seems everything works.

So far, so good!

Attachments

• BrettsAM100.jpg
    BrettsAM100.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 678
My AM1000 was delivered today (San Jose, CA)! Took me an hour or two to set it up and figure out how to change from kph to mph (among other settings), but nothing too complicated. I'll have to spend more time adjusting things, like getting the "maxle" lever in the right place and the shocks pumped to the appropriate pressure, but at least it seems everything works.

So far, so good!
Great looking bike! Was there any damage or cosmetic issues resulting from transit?

Back