New Frey Owners

Unfortunately weather didn't cooperate today for a ride but I took a few pictures of my new CC in the back yard before the thunderstorms chased me inside. The rhododendrons (Washington State flower) are in full bloom.

Beautiful background for your bike.

Regarding shipping damage, no, my bike arrived in excellent condition. Seemed pretty well packed with lots of foam sheets around all the pieces that contact one-another in shipping. The outer box was in good shape, too. Coincidentally, I received another large package today via FedEx, which only traveled here from Los Angeles, and it was gouged and the contents were damaged. So Frey did well getting the bike here from China in better shape.

If anyone's curious, I setup my camera and made a (brief) timelapse of my unpacking and assembly:
I started at one frame every 3 seconds, then bumped it to one per 5 seconds, and finally cranked it up to one per 10 seconds. So if it looks like it's accelerating, it's not just you.
I probably should have dressed better for my small-screen debut...

Just got an email from Alibaba telling me that because I haven’t confirmed receipt of shipment or requested a refund they are assuming I’ve received my item and are releasing the funds to Frey. There doesn’t seem to be any way to contact them to inform them that I haven’t received my bike *yet*. Seems like a weird policy. Frey said it will likely be another 2 weeks to get through customs, maybe more.

Just got an email from Alibaba telling me that because I haven’t confirmed receipt of shipment or requested a refund they are assuming I’ve received my item and are releasing the funds to Frey. There doesn’t seem to be any way to contact them to inform them that I haven’t received my bike *yet*. Seems like a weird policy. Frey said it will likely be another 2 weeks to get through customs, maybe more.
I am pretty sure there is a way to contact them and indicate you haven't received the order. I don't remember the specific procedure although I remember there was a way to let them know not to release funds. It may have been through their app.

I am pretty sure there is a way to contact them and indicate you haven't received the order. I don't remember the specific procedure although I remember there was a way to let them know not to release funds. It may have been through their app.
I have a CC , I wired Frey the money up front, no problem, salt of the earth people over there
Not to worry,
Best
Mark

On Battery Range: After messing around on the brand new CC for 10 miles, i charged to 100% and went to work and back on Eco 1 and 2 (about half and half) and hit the throttle just once. Down to 80% on battery after the 12.5 mile trip. So that's pretty good & seemingly right about where it should be considering the battery is new and needs to be charged to 100% and drained to 12% several times before it reaches its full capability.

On Battery Range: After messing around on the brand new CC for 10 miles, i charged to 100% and went to work and back on Eco 1 and 2 (about half and half) and hit the throttle just once. Down to 80% on battery after the 12.5 mile trip. So that's pretty good & seemingly right about where it should be considering the battery is new and needs to be charged to 100% and drained to 12% several times before it reaches its full capability.
I believe the range issue Mark is reporting is related to 100% throttle only. Based on his latest reports, it sounds like the bike goes around 20 miles on throttle only which isn't the best but not unreasonable (all subject to vary based on the person's weight, wind resistance, grade of the hill if any). With PAS, it should get 50-60 miles which is right inline with what you should expect with that battery.

Greetings from Portland

Attachments

• 20200507_124355_HDR.jpg
    20200507_124355_HDR.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 397
  • 20200507_124420_HDR.jpg
    20200507_124420_HDR.jpg
    992.7 KB · Views: 358
  • 20200507_124626.jpg
    20200507_124626.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 362
  • 20200507_124519.jpg
    20200507_124519.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 341
I believe the range issue Mark is reporting is related to 100% throttle only. Based on his latest reports, it sounds like the bike goes around 20 miles on throttle only which isn't the best but not unreasonable (all subject to vary based on the person's weight, wind resistance, grade of the hill if any). With PAS, it should get 50-60 miles which is right inline with what you should expect with that battery.
Throttle only yes, with fresh battery bike does 36 mph, at about 14 miles speed is reduced to under 20 mph, at 14-15 miles battery is around 35%
What about throttle only?

I got roughly 13 miles last night running high speed at full throttle draining the battery to 20%, but there was a big hill on the way home which I pedaled a bit to offset. It never complained to go fater than 28mph, even well below 50% remaining. I am guessing the range would have been closer to 15-20 miles after a few charges with balanced cells, no hills, high speed, throttle only. I'm not sure I will do too many more of these torture tests as it may overheat the cells which might not be good for long term battery health and not really how I ride. I plan to do more of a normal ride today. I would agree if you want a bike to go fast on flats on throttle alone this is not necessarily the right bike. A rear hub might be more efficient and significantly cheaper.

Back