New EBike owner-MXS

SondorsMXS

I have had my new Sondors MXS (Torch color) for about a month. I can't stop smiling! I feel that for the price, I have the best bang for the buck bike (size/components/power/batter capacity/features/tires/etc.)

I immediately cleaned the frame and wheels, did some paint sealant (Jetseal), and used an anti-corrosion spray on all the bolts/screws to keep rust at bay. Then I did some 3M clear bra protection I custom cut for the forks and frame (I need to do more) so I don't destroy this gorgeous color. Besides that, slighlt loose mounted the display in case it ever gets bumped when inverting the bike for service. I also cut some 3M clear bra for the display screen. Tightened up the spring in the shock seat post (I'm 228lbs). I like many people are running out of pedal and will change the chain ring (either to a 50T or 52T) to get some more top speed. I'm impressed with the torque and speed. I've ridden bikes without a helmet most my life. I ordered a helmet the second day. Don't want to crash at 28mph!

Love, love this thing. I'm a disabled vet and this has given me some mobility back that I lost!

Attachments

• IMG_0969.jpeg
    IMG_0969.jpeg
    881.9 KB · Views: 407
I have had my new Sondors MXS (Torch color) for about a month. I can't stop smiling! I feel that for the price, I have the best bang for the buck bike (size/components/power/batter capacity/features/tires/etc.)

I immediately cleaned the frame and wheels, did some paint sealant (Jetseal), and used an anti-corrosion spray on all the bolts/screws to keep rust at bay. Then I did some 3M clear bra protection I custom cut for the forks and frame (I need to do more) so I don't destroy this gorgeous color. Besides that, slighlt loose mounted the display in case it ever gets bumped when inverting the bike for service. I also cut some 3M clear bra for the display screen. Tightened up the spring in the shock seat post (I'm 228lbs). I like many people are running out of pedal and will change the chain ring (either to a 50T or 52T) to get some more top speed. I'm impressed with the torque and speed. I've ridden bikes without a helmet most my life. I ordered a helmet the second day. Don't want to crash at 28mph!

Love, love this thing. I'm a disabled vet and this has given me some mobility back that I lost!
Hello! Hope your still enjoying your bike! I have the same,noticed you were considering changing the chainring- if you did -how do you like it? Cheers

Hi Scarlet/Fire! I love it. At first I didn't notice a big difference, until I hit a small hill. Then I was was like Oh....Now I feel it. I am glad I went with the Dekas 50T chainring, instead of the 52T. I ride this on the street and very mild off-road trails. The 50T is a good compromise between high and low gearing. I didn't like the branding/writing on the gear, so I faced it in to the "driver-side" of the bike so it was less visible. I also added the Sun Tour NCX suspension seat post. Wow....what an improvement over the junk Sondors one!

Hi Scarlet/Fire! I love it. At first I didn't notice a big difference, until I hit a small hill. Then I was was like Oh....Now I feel it. I am glad I went with the Dekas 50T chainring, instead of the 52T. I ride this on the street and very mild off-road trails. The 50T is a good compromise between high and low gearing. I didn't like the branding/writing on the gear, so I faced it in to the "driver-side" of the bike so it was less visible. I also added the Sun Tour NCX suspension seat post. Wow....what an improvement over the junk Sondors one!
Excellent- I’ll likely go for that as it seems it’s a simple swap? I purchased a shimano freewheel that has a much larger 7th gear- this will do the opposite and make it much easier to crank it up steep hills!
Do you have the info to help me get the exact chainring 50t ? Cheers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    325.8 KB · Views: 306
Easy swap. Just take note where the washer/spacers go as you are taking them off. Mine had some chain noise initially, but I believe that was break-in. It's quiet now!

I know this is an old thread. But, I was wondering if you had to add links to your chain for this modification?

Back