New Bafang Ultra - 1000W Torque sensored motor!

roshan

Designed similar to the Bafang Max, this is the most powerful torque sensored motor in the market today! Biktrix has the first production bikes powered with this motor:
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Nice looking bike. The inner tubes look a bit over exposed. I like racks with 2 level rails. A: They accommodate panniers of
different sizes, but B : more importantly, I can hang mine high enuff to avoid heel strike with my size 14 feet. One thing I
don't care for are curvy top tubes that flair & taper. It makes it difficult if not impossible to hang on my inframe rack. You pretty
much have to have a bottom mount rack if you want to take the bike somewhere beyond it's basic range. Many of those aren't
really suitable for fat bikes. As a concept I like mid-drives, but they're useless if you snap a chain,whereas a rear hub motor
can still get you home. Another thing, which includes most stock fats, is the non-adjustable stem. Unless you replace it, you're
stuck with a position that may not fit you physically or your chosen riding position. I'm guessing the batpac is somewhere
between 10 & 13ah. With a 1000 watt motor,I'd really prefer 17ah. It does appear to have a nice large display.

Last edited:
Nice looking bike. The inner tubes look a bit over exposed. I like racks with 2 level rails. A: They accommodate panniers of
different sizes, but B : more importantly, I can hang mine high enuff to avoid heel strike with my size 14 feet. One thing I
don't care for are curvy top tubes that flair & taper. It makes it difficult if not impossible to hang on my rack. You pretty
much have to have a bottom mount rack if you want to take the bike somewhere beyond it's basic range. Many of those aren't
really suitable for fat bikes. As a concept I like mid-drives, but they're useless if you snap a chain,whereas a rear hub motor
can still get you home. Another thing,which includes most stock fats, is the non-adjustable stem. Unless you replace it, you're
stuck with a position that may not fit you physically or your chosen riding position. I'm guessing the batpac is somewhere
between 10 & 13ah. With a 1000 watt motor,I'd really prefer 17ah. It does appear to have a nice large display.
Thanks, John!
Yeah, our rack is quite sturdy and fits most available panniers. Yes, you are right that if a chain breaks, you can be left stranded - that said, if you carry a chain breaker (which is quite small to carry around on a bike), you can always just remove the broken link and keep going!
Our stem is actually adjustable on all our bikes.
The battery pack is 48V 12Ah and 48V 17Ah. We have a 48V 20Ah pack coming up in 2 weeks.

Thanks, John!
Yeah, our rack is quite sturdy and fits most available panniers. Yes, you are right that if a chain breaks, you can be left stranded - that said, if you carry a chain breaker (which is quite small to carry around on a bike), you can always just remove the broken link and keep going!
Our stem is actually adjustable on all our bikes.
The battery pack is 48V 12Ah and 48V 17Ah. We have a 48V 20Ah pack coming up in 2 weeks.
True, I carry a *chain breaker & at least 4 pds. of every imaginable tool but a crank puller.
Good on the stem, I couldn't tell from the pic.( & the batpac)
*never know when you'll meet a damsel in distress.

Last edited:
Juggernaut Ultra looks great! Everything about the Max Ultra drive seems just right, excited to see what it can do, especially mated with the already fantastic Juggernaut.

Can this be married up with a Nuvinci? Would like to get the derailleur out of the picture...

The torque will definitely break the Nuvinci.
They also don't make Nuvinci wider than 130mm I believe.

The Rohloff hub works great but it costs 10 times as much as Deore XT components you can buy.

This bike is now in its 3rd gen. Better than ever:

Ultra_1000_2019 (5).jpeg

https://www.biktrix.com/products/juggernaut-ultra-1000

I bought one of these recently (3rd gen) and couldn't be happier with it. Running 3" studded Wrathchilds and kicking winters ass. Of all the Juggernauts I've ridden, I like the geometry of this one best!

I'm still wondering if that new rack is structural. If I (77kg) sit on it, what will happen?

Back