Ncm Moscow plus throttle

It is strange why the EU version has less power even when we remove the display restriction. It would be annoying if they've modified or gimped the motor to use less power. Just saw a video of someone speed testing the Moscow in the U.S and he reaches 27mph with ease and relatively fast too.

Ok watching it again I just can't work out if it's in mph or kmh. It doesn't seem like 27mph but the display's too small to read lol.

My offroad kit arrived today finally, I had to pay the £17.50 customs charge as well. I can manage to get the throttle to 20mph but in PAS 6 after 20mph my motor stays on 1 bar then cuts out. I've tried all power settings and it seems changing the wheel size doesn't affect the speed whatsoever. I suspect it's the battery limiting the speed but I suppose it could also be the motor, both are too expensive to replace IMO. My wheel size is 27.5", I suspect the 29" ones are able to go the extra 2mph as they have bigger surface area.

To be honest 20mph is plenty for me, any more than that and the ride starts to get rather uncomfortable for me. I live in a really bumpy area and at high speeds the uneven roads feel awful! The throttle is amazing though, I'd say the kit is worth it for that alone. No more struggling to get the motor to kick in. I love that you can start off with the throttle, then start pedalling and the motor will continously draw power even when you release the throttle, no delay whatsoever!
I have the 27.5 wheels, the speeds you are getting are the same as mine. Like you the throttle is a great addition ,there is also no more lag, which you got with the original L7 display.Using the throttle and pedalling at the same time on pas 6 gets you away from a junction pretty quick.

I have the 27.5 wheels, the speeds you are getting are the same as mine. Like you the throttle is a great addition ,there is also no more lag, which you got with the original L7 display.Using the throttle and pedalling at the same time on pas 6 gets you away from a junction pretty quick.

Yeah I agree, using both feels really good for taking off. Kind of regret not getting the 29" version for the slight speed increase haha, but being 5'7 I'm pretty sure it would have been too big for me anyway! Did you change your wheel size to 27"5 - 225 (width) in the settings? Mine was on 27"5 - 200 as default so I changed it, didn't notice much difference but figured it wouldn't hurt to set the correct wheel width. Didn't notice any speed increase when I reduced the wheel size sadly.

Am i the only one still waiting for my offroad kit to arrive from Australia now?
I ordered the NCM Prague for my dad on Wednesday and it's arrived today, very impressive stuff. I'm intrigued to see how it compares to my Moscow Plus.
Does anyone know whether the wiring from my standard Moscow Plus display would work as some sort of upgrade on his Prague or should I leave that all alone?

Am i the only one still waiting for my offroad kit to arrive from Australia now?
I ordered the NCM Prague for my dad on Wednesday and it's arrived today, very impressive stuff. I'm intrigued to see how it compares to my Moscow Plus.
Does anyone know whether the wiring from my standard Moscow Plus display would work as some sort of upgrade on his Prague or should I leave that all alone?
I'd say definitely yes, I swapped my old Moscow Plus C7 4 wire display over to my Mrs standard Moscow with out issue, the old standard Moscow display looks like the Prague display to me.

It took about 2 1/2 weeks for my kit to come then £17.68 charge. Not sure if the display will fit the praque suppose it depends on the connections. I’m interested to hear the comparison between the two tho.

It took about 2 1/2 weeks for my kit to come then £17.68 charge. Not sure if the display will fit the praque suppose it depends on the connections. I’m interested to hear the comparison between the two tho.

I ordered my kit on the 11th or 12th June 🤷‍♂️. Hopefully soon then.

Just tried out my throttle on my Moscow 27.5. It kicked in but wouldn't go faster than walk mode, with very litle power!
It's got a new 5 wire C7 display fitted.
Any tips on how to get the throttle up to speed. Is there a setting I have to change.
Any advice appreciated.
Ray

HI, Press and hold down + and - buttons till screen changes. Enter code 8088 using set and +/- buttons. Scroll thru using set button and you will be able to change the throttle and PAS settings. Also make sure tyre size is set.

HI, Press and hold down + and - buttons till screen changes. Enter code 8088 using set and +/- buttons. Scroll thru using set button and you will be able to change the throttle and PAS settings. Also make sure tyre size is set.
Cheers Buddy, I'll give it a try. 👍

Cheers, as information is appreciated! Thanks for all the advice guys, my throttle is now working fine with the adjusted settings and the bike is riding as it should.
No more struggling to move on hills or inclines.

Did a quick loop round Richmond & Barnard Castle last night on mine, as I was pushed for time, I had the setting on 6 assist for most part, great ride.
Hi OldFatMan, was up in Richmond a week last Saturday with the Royal Signal Riders! I wasn't on my Moscow but on my motorbike doing a tour of Catterick. Love Richmond and the local area.

Attachments

• IMG_20200627_140646.jpg
    IMG_20200627_140646.jpg
    660.6 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_20200627_140700.jpg
    IMG_20200627_140700.jpg
    611.3 KB · Views: 350
My throttle kit finally arrived today from Oz (additional customs fee of £19.20). Just fitted it and very impressed. The only thing I cant adjust is KMH to MPH. I can access settings using code 8088 but doesnt seem to allow this change. Has anyone else got around this ?

My throttle kit finally arrived today from Oz (additional customs fee of £19.20). Just fitted it and very impressed. The only thing I cant adjust is KMH to MPH. I can access settings using code 8088 but doesnt seem to allow this change. Has anyone else got around this ?
Hold the + button for 5 seconds you should see kmh/mph flashing, use the +/- to select mph then select set.

Last edited:
hi mate, dont jump in too quick i was wrong about it, i finally managed to get it into mph late yesterday and took it a run, top speed with pedal assist is 22/23mph and 20/21 with throttle, although still a huge improvement and the added bonus of the throttle, but the best part of it and worth the money for me is there is no lag now, its totally gone, if you stop peddling it used to take a while before the motor kicked back in but now its instant and to me thats worth every penny :) sorry for the earlier confusion about the kmh speeds the wheel size was on 27 so must of been throwing the speedo out.
i got it from here, very helpful company and very friendly :)

Thanks for posting this Widget, my kit finally arrived today, fitted and went on a 30 mile ride, the last 5 miles or so only on the throttle.
The extra speed is amazing.

Thanks for posting this Widget, my kit finally arrived today, fitted and went on a 30 mile ride, the last 5 miles or so only on the throttle.
The extra speed is amazing.
My throttle stops working after my Battery reaches 45 volts or around that, is this the case with all you are the guys with the off-road kit?

Back