Unexpected motor shutdowns

Are there marks underneath the top plate you removed? Some of those holes appear to be in high voltage areas.

PCeBiker, you offered me your C7 display but won't there be a problem with my bike given that the European display limits it to 15 amps while yours will limit it to 18 amps (my battery is only 16 amps?

Yeah, my display should "unlock" your controller to 18 amps and 32 kph.
Your battery is probably an 16 amp hour battery, but it probably still has a 20 amp Bms in the battery.
The amp hour rating on your battery is a measure of total capacity.
The amp rating of your BMS is the maximum amps it can deliver.

I'm pretty sure that my display will do nothing for you because your ebike is fixed again with the new controller.

Before assembling the controller I examined it carefully and although it is cast in resin, there are several small holes (going through to the plate), I wonder if this is not the reason for the problems .
Especially since the same holes appear on the other 2 controllers.

My controller was different in that the potting material was a soft grey rubbery material, and it had No Holes in it.
This was it just after I started picking away at the potting material.

20230121_154432.jpg

If the holes in your resin don't look like they are there on purpose, (like an access hole to adjust something), then I would personally seal them up.

It could be water penetration that is frying your controller?

Looks like your wifes controller needs to be replaced too.
If you can't get hers replaced under warranty, I'd suggest purchasing from a different seller.

Wait and see what @Moscow29 thinks of his controller when he gets it.
If it's not full of holes, I'd suggest buying from Amego in Toronto.

Screenshot_20240614-150152_DuckDuckGo.jpg

My controller was slightly different in that it had a headlight output cable and a larger motor cable connector, but I don't know if that makes any difference or not about the choice of potting material?

Last edited:
Are there marks underneath the top plate you removed?

There was no top plate on my controller. It just bolted to the frame and the frame covered it up.

No, no marks, I was more afraid of infiltration.

That's what I'm thinking.
And, on my e-bike, (yours too maybe?) the controller is on an angle facing down.
Any water that could get between the frame and controller would drain into those holes and sit there.
That's just wrong.

Last edited:
Back