Unexpected motor shutdowns

Are there marks underneath the top plate you removed? Some of those holes appear to be in high voltage areas.

PCeBiker, you offered me your C7 display but won't there be a problem with my bike given that the European display limits it to 15 amps while yours will limit it to 18 amps (my battery is only 16 amps?

Yeah, my display should "unlock" your controller to 18 amps and 32 kph.
Your battery is probably an 16 amp hour battery, but it probably still has a 20 amp Bms in the battery.
The amp hour rating on your battery is a measure of total capacity.
The amp rating of your BMS is the maximum amps it can deliver.

I'm pretty sure that my display will do nothing for you because your ebike is fixed again with the new controller.

Before assembling the controller I examined it carefully and although it is cast in resin, there are several small holes (going through to the plate), I wonder if this is not the reason for the problems .
Especially since the same holes appear on the other 2 controllers.

My controller was different in that the potting material was a soft grey rubbery material, and it had No Holes in it.
This was it just after I started picking away at the potting material.

20230121_154432.jpg

If the holes in your resin don't look like they are there on purpose, (like an access hole to adjust something), then I would personally seal them up.

It could be water penetration that is frying your controller?

Looks like your wifes controller needs to be replaced too.
If you can't get hers replaced under warranty, I'd suggest purchasing from a different seller.

Wait and see what @Moscow29 thinks of his controller when he gets it.
If it's not full of holes, I'd suggest buying from Amego in Toronto.

Screenshot_20240614-150152_DuckDuckGo.jpg

My controller was slightly different in that it had a headlight output cable and a larger motor cable connector, but I don't know if that makes any difference or not about the choice of potting material?

Last edited:
Are there marks underneath the top plate you removed?

There was no top plate on my controller. It just bolted to the frame and the frame covered it up.

No, no marks, I was more afraid of infiltration.

That's what I'm thinking.
And, on my e-bike, (yours too maybe?) the controller is on an angle facing down.
Any water that could get between the frame and controller would drain into those holes and sit there.
That's just wrong.

Last edited:
Hello NCM community. So beautiful mountain walks, hence the interest in an electric bike. I bought myself an NCM Moscow Plus in 2021 and I was very happy with it, at the end of last year (around 2300 km) the engine started to cut out, first once or twice per outing to practically do stop and go after few weeks. I should point out that I always ride with assistance on 6 and that my average speed is 27 km/h so the engine is practically always stopped, and helps me "only" on climbs, and in this case its absence is makes you feel. It was explained to me that the fault as I described it came from the controller. Controller that I replaced and indeed the bike worked perfectly again for about 4 months (about 300 Km). Then the fault reappeared again, first the engine cut off as soon as I forced the pedals uphill and when I reached the top the engine started again, only to stop again and restart for no reason and no it doesn't matter when. The controller supplier does not want to exchange it for me under warranty and I do not want to buy a new one for 3 months. In addition, I bought an NCM Milano Plus for my wife, who following an accident can no longer use it (it had 350 km), so I put it up for sale recently and the buyer just told me that After doing 70 km the engine cut out from time to time. I'm afraid this is the start of the same breakdown. It same to be a problem of NCM bikes. Does anyone know what the defect is, and was able to repair it permanently? Is there any reason other than a controller fault? Thank you in advance for your answers and your help.
I have a milano Plus, which worked fot two years, then suddenly the motor kept cutting our intermittently. Sometimes on fairly flat terrain, other times ongoing G into a climb. Then it may go for miles without issue, on return themotot cut in and out. NC. we're little assistance, I took the bike to my local bike shop and we tested in walk mode which worked ok. Controller seemed OK, we stripped the PAS (pedal sensor) and found it full of dirt. Gave in a clean out and it cleared the fault for a while, it came back intermittently again, but at least rideable after a further 250 miles. Next new PAS will be installed. Perhaps a new controller also?

,.. Next new PAS will be installed. Perhaps a new controller also?

The only problem witha new PAS sensor is that you have to cut the wire off the old sensor and solder the wires to the new sensor.

You could crimp the wires together, but soldering is best.

A new controller comes with the PAS sensor connected to it and everything just plugs in.

Screenshot_20240625-185832_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Hello everyone, sorry for not posting earlier, I had other problems.
As for my controller, I still managed to exchange it under warranty, and once changed the bike works perfectly, to see how long (for the moment I have only been able to do 150 km).

For my wife's bike, after checking, I noticed that the PAS detector had taken a shock, I replaced it with the PAS detector for another NCM bike (bought for €20 with Julet connector) that I cut, I also cut the cable at the controller output, I re-soldered all that and for the moment it works well.To see how all this behaves over time.Good luck to all.

Hello NCM community. So beautiful mountain walks, hence the interest in an electric bike. I bought myself an NCM Moscow Plus in 2021 and I was very happy with it, at the end of last year (around 2300 km) the engine started to cut out, first once or twice per outing to practically do stop and go after few weeks. I should point out that I always ride with assistance on 6 and that my average speed is 27 km/h so the engine is practically always stopped, and helps me "only" on climbs, and in this case its absence is makes you feel. It was explained to me that the fault as I described it came from the controller. Controller that I replaced and indeed the bike worked perfectly again for about 4 months (about 300 Km). Then the fault reappeared again, first the engine cut off as soon as I forced the pedals uphill and when I reached the top the engine started again, only to stop again and restart for no reason and no it doesn't matter when. The controller supplier does not want to exchange it for me under warranty and I do not want to buy a new one for 3 months. In addition, I bought an NCM Milano Plus for my wife, who following an accident can no longer use it (it had 350 km), so I put it up for sale recently and the buyer just told me that After doing 70 km the engine cut out from time to time. I'm afraid this is the start of the same breakdown. It same to be a problem of NCM bikes. Does anyone know what the defect is, and was able to repair it permanently? Is there any reason other than a controller fault? Thank you in advance for your answers and your help.
I have an NCM Milano us, had it for around 3 years now, started playing up with Motor cut outs particularly when looking for some assistance for hills. After a lot of diagnosis it was identified as the PAS sensor containing a lot of first and being worn internally. It was cleaned out and initially it managed a 177 mile coast to coast before the same fault occurring. Dirt again in the sensor and a lot of wear.
I bit the bullet and ordered a new controller and PAS, which are in one unit. You can get the PAS sensor separately, but will need to put a connector in, saving over 135 euros

Hello AdrianC, I am interested, where did you manage to find the Julet connector, thanks in advance

Back