NCM Moscow Plus Throttle Not Working!

PeterDownes

Region
Canada
City
York
I have an NCM Moscow Plus with 2 Displays, 2 Rear Motor Wheels and 2 Throttles. I broke 1 wheel axle somehow and only have 1 working tire left.

I tried testing the throttle and also tried walk mode nothing works. I also tried disconnecting the battery, turning on and off the display and unplugging the motor wheel.

The only thing I haven't checked is the controller and cadence sensor. I am not sure what the issue is but if anyone could help me I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Also, I don't think the pedal assist is working properly not 100% sure because it still displays speed on the display when I move the cranks.

Thanks for reaching out. I suspect the controller. What were the circumstances just before your bike became non-operational?

I think i did a jump or hit a curb with my back tire and that messed up the axle but I am thinking it maybe disclocated something in the controller as well but idk? Should I open it up? I searched online and the only thing i see if something about disconnecting brake sensors in the controller but idk if that's in the controller / if that would work.

Yes, go over the connections. And check the cadence sensor's distance from the magnet wheel.

Do you have pictures of the inside of the controller like the wiring? Cause I don't want to dig deep into without knowing what's what lol

Do you have pictures of the inside of the controller like the wiring? Cause I don't want to dig deep into without knowing what's what lol
No, I would advise not opening the controller. Just check the connections. If they are good, then it is most likely the controller needs replacement. It would be on Moscow's website. Many bikes use the same controllers but the connections are often different. My bikes have internal controllers inside the motor housings.

I have a Das-Kit powered ET.CYCLE T1000 and I'm pretty sure it has the same controller. CT5-I5

The controller is fully potted and you can't see any of the components inside.

The good thing is that the controller is as tough as nails and the box is solid cast aluminum.
Chances are that your controller is fine.

I suspect that the brake switch or wiring is shorted.

If the controller thinks a brake is on, the motor is disabled.

I had to use a dental pick to dig out the potting material to get at the wiring.

20230121_154432.jpg20230121_162153.jpg20230121_162328.jpg20230121_154851.jpg

Also, I don't think the pedal assist is working properly not 100% sure because it still displays speed on the display when I move the cranks.

If you have already disconnected the brake switches, then it probably isn't the brake switches.

20230105_123659.jpg

Check your motor plug for bent pins or corrosion.

20230121_110108.jpg20230121_113256.jpg

My T1000 has a bigger motor and a different motor plug, so I had to cut the cable off and wire it into my new controller.

If your speedometer is working, then the speed wire from your motor is connected and working.

I figure that either the controller is not sending the power to the motor, or the power is not getting through the motor cable connector.

Make sure it is clean and all the pins are making contact.
Make sure it is fully seated.

If your display is working, then your battery power is getting to the controller and display.

I suppose that when your axle snapped, it could have shorted out somehow and damaged the controller?

If that is the case, you can install a KT controller/display for a lot less money than a replacement Das-Kit Controller.

The KT controller/display eliminates the time lag of power with the Das-Kit programming.

The KT controller is plug and play on your ebike.
I ran into problems when my motor cable connector was different with my bigger 750w motor.

Do your PAS modes work?
Does your motor power up under PAS?
Is it just your throttle that isn't working?

I'm kinda thinking that your controller is fried.
The hub motor axle is hollow, with the cable running through it.
(I took the picture from YouTube)

Screenshot_20230329-124654_DuckDuckGo.jpg

If the axle snapped, it could cut into the cable shorting out the controller and burning it out.

A new controller from Amego in Toronto is $175.
(The one for my ebike is $20 more and includes a light output)

Screenshot_20230329-130355_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I have an NCM Moscow Plus with 2 Displays, 2 Rear Motor Wheels and 2 Throttles. I broke 1 wheel axle somehow and only have 1 working tire left.

I tried testing the throttle and also tried walk mode nothing works. I also tried disconnecting the battery, turning on and off the display and unplugging the motor wheel.

The only thing I haven't checked is the controller and cadence sensor. I am not sure what the issue is but if anyone could help me I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Have you checked the cut off wire from the rear brake ,if fitted

Back