NCM Moscow Plus Water Damage

PeterDownes

Region
Canada
City
York
Hey everyone. I have an NCM Moscow Plus 29" 500watt motor and I was riding in some pretty heavy rain the other day. I am trying to diagnose what needs to be replaced. Controller or Display? I believe the display is water damaged but I could be wrong.

The controller on the bottom has a flashing red light and the display is blank but when I turn on the display it shows everything for a little bit but eventually, it becomes a blank display. When I press the throttle it works and the motor goes.

I know that the bike is old and ideally I'd replace both the controller and display but should I just replace the display to resolve this?

Also, I wanted to know if I get an offroad display would I be able to get speeds of 45km/h, and is that able to work on a 500-watt motor, or is that restricted to a 250-watt motor?

If the display can be opened up (controller, too), it's worth a shot to place the opened display and controller in a container of rice. Plain, white rice, that is. Leave it for a few days and see what happens. The rice will absorb any moisture present.

Of course, your flavored rices such as the Knorr Herb and Butter, etc, with the herbs and spices premixed into the rice should naturally be avoided........ :rolleyes:

If the display can be opened up (controller, too), it's worth a shot to place the opened display and controller in a container of rice. Plain, white rice, that is. Leave it for a few days and see what happens. The rice will absorb any moisture present.

Of course, your flavored rices such as the Knorr Herb and Butter, etc, with the herbs and spices premixed into the rice should naturally be avoided........ :rolleyes:
Rice does nothing from my research haha but thanks. I will go with Fred's advice

I fit were me, I would do the following:
- make every effort to dry both components out, by using a hair dryer or equivalent.
- may be worthwhile removing and opening the controller
- If it is necessary to replace them, I would look into a more capable controller/display combo
- Here's one link on this topic (and no doubt there are more)
https://electricbikereview.com/foru...controller-for-ncm-das-kit.40961/#post-568856
Be careful with any hairdryer...use cool or low heat setting.

Back