Ncm Moscow plus throttle

Hello all, I have been following this thread. Never owned an e bike before and after reading reviews
I would like to purchase the Moscow plus and thanks to this thread would also purchase the upgraded lcd unit and throttle.
Question .... is this bike available on the cycle to work scheme?

thanks in advance
Dont think so, only available from Leon cycles who are German based, dont see anything on their website about any cycleschemes.

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have an old C7 display mount like this?

The supplier from Australia didn’t send me one with the display.

I don’t mind paypaling some money if anyone has a spare.

Many thanks :)

Gio

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have an old C7 display mount like this?

The supplier from Australia didn’t send me one with the display.

I don’t mind paypaling some money if anyone has a spare.

Many thanks :)

Gio
It must be a regular thing - they didn't send me one either (or the throttle). I messaged them and they sent them straight away but I am in Australia so it was obviously a lot quicker.

So after following this thread after being interested in purchasing an Ebike and first bike generally in 20 years, I finally have my Moscow plus. I was initially following the Australian website for the off road lcd display with throttle, when it dropped to2 left in stock I took the plunge and purchased the off road kit first. Upon receiving it after about 3 weeks the next step was to order the bike. It took about 3 days for delivery which was ace, didn’t expect that. The battery was completely dead so after a 6 hour charge it was full charged and ready to go. I never used the original LCD unit, I swapped over the off road kit instantly and it was ready to go. So easy to swap over and so happy to see the display light up the first time and completed the settings as per this thread. I got the 27.5 inch version and on throttle I get 20mph. On peddle assist I get comfortably 20mph as well but I need to peddle harder before the power bars run out, which is around 21. However 20mph with hardly any peddling is absolutely fine by me.

I have had it two days now and done 21 miles already... before this bike I was doing no exercise at all so this is a great start in the right direction.

thanks to widget for creating this thread and giving me the confidence to purchase this bike and the display.

quick question, my rear break leaver depresses more than then front one to engage the pads. I know it’s hydraulic so nothing can’t be tightened up as such. Is ever ones else like this? Is it done on purpose?

If I wanted it tighter how would you add more oil?

So after following this thread after being interested in purchasing an Ebike and first bike generally in 20 years, I finally have my Moscow plus. I was initially following the Australian website for the off road lcd display with throttle, when it dropped to2 left in stock I took the plunge and purchased the off road kit first. Upon receiving it after about 3 weeks the next step was to order the bike. It took about 3 days for delivery which was ace, didn’t expect that. The battery was completely dead so after a 6 hour charge it was full charged and ready to go. I never used the original LCD unit, I swapped over the off road kit instantly and it was ready to go. So easy to swap over and so happy to see the display light up the first time and completed the settings as per this thread. I got the 27.5 inch version and on throttle I get 20mph. On peddle assist I get comfortably 20mph as well but I need to peddle harder before the power bars run out, which is around 21. However 20mph with hardly any peddling is absolutely fine by me.

I have had it two days now and done 21 miles already... before this bike I was doing no exercise at all so this is a great start in the right direction.

thanks to widget for creating this thread and giving me the confidence to purchase this bike and the display.

quick question, my rear break leaver depresses more than then front one to engage the pads. I know it’s hydraulic so nothing can’t be tightened up as such. Is ever ones else like this? Is it done on purpose?

your welcome im pleased i managed to help a few people out :) mines still working great , i have the same issue with the brake lever also but didnt like the look of it so just lived with it lol

Regarding the brake, you have some things to check:
- Adjust the reach of the levers, if they are not the same, they can have a different "bite point"
- Make sure the caliper is well aligned and the brake pads are equally used
- Add more oil by just pushing more oil from the caliper without removing the lever cap (this is called overbleeding and if you don't have experience bleeding systems don't do it xD)

So I wonder if the rear brake is for slowing down and the front is for stoping. I thought mine was faulty but the rear break leaver does make the wheel skid if pressed hard. Good to know widget... thanks again for making this post

today went out and got mud guards and lights

so love this bike such good fun👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Attachments

• E23E20DF-EAC7-4264-B14A-0998B1BAA7BC.jpeg
    E23E20DF-EAC7-4264-B14A-0998B1BAA7BC.jpeg
    553.5 KB · Views: 339
  • 956FF540-1309-406A-B9A9-5757EF250C18.jpeg
    956FF540-1309-406A-B9A9-5757EF250C18.jpeg
    632.1 KB · Views: 357

I don't have a Moscow Plus, but something very similar with hydraulic brakes. There is a tiny set screw that can be used to adjust the travel of the lever. As for adding more oil, you can just open the filler cap on the reservoir on the brake lever and top it up. No need to bleed. I have done both these things,

well thats it ordered with tax and shipping included came to a total of £123 which i think is well worth a gamble :) will keep you updated once it arrives, thank you again
I’m going to order the controller for more torque I think. I’m on the heavier side and the bike feels like it’s struggling a little. Also the motor is making a terrible screeching sound when the assist bar is at the top and I’m travelling faster that 27kph.

Can you post the like to the site where you managed to order it for £123

Much appreciated Widget - hope you’re enjoying the bike.

Gio

Okay, I don't know the difference between the i6 and i5 controllers.

I suspect one that you have is i5? But how can Amego have 18A max current? :confused:
Also I don't know the max current rating for the Magnum CT5-i6.

The Magnum is a little more expensive at $119 US, compare to $129 Canadian for Amego.

Magnum CT5-i6

Amego CT5-i5
Would a 52v 17.5ah battery be too much juice for the i6 controller and the standard Moscow motor do you think?

Hi Guys.. I'm new here and this is my first post. Like many on here I'll like to add a throttle to my NCM Moscow. Any links where I can get one sent to me here in London UK? Can anyone confirm that the Das Kit Geared hub drive are the same throughout the NCM Moscow range? Something is not adding up. I switched my stock back wheel with my 1500w direct drive and got a lot more torque and speed. I'm using the stock 48v 13ah battery and stock controller. This shouldn't happen as it's the same power signal been sent to the hub drive? Thanks guys...

Hi Guys.. I'm new here and this is my first post. Like many on here I'll like to add a throttle to my NCM Moscow. Any links where I can get one sent to me here in London UK? Can anyone confirm that the Das Kit Geared hub drive are the same throughout the NCM Moscow range? Something is not adding up. I switched my stock back wheel with my 1500w direct drive and got a lot more torque and speed. I'm using the stock 48v 13ah battery and stock controller. This shouldn't happen as it's the same power signal been sent to the hub drive? Thanks guys...
Leon Cycles in Australia will ship to the UK. They do an Off road kit which comes with a throttle and a C7 display. Just e-mail them and they will send you a quote for parts and shipping. You can pay using paypal if you wish.

Here if Leon out of stock
I would recommend anyone upgrading the power on a Moscow with mechanical disc brakes to add a brake lever with a cut-out for the right hand side (depending on your country) https://www.leoncycle.com.au/right-e-brake-lever-tektro-el550-ts-black

Is anyone’s motor making a terrible screeching sound when they are going faster than 18mph at around 4 bars of assist?

Is there anyway I can sort this terrible noise out? Or do you think I have good grounds under the warranty for a replacement?

Is anyone’s motor making a terrible screeching sound when they are going faster than 18mph at around 4 bars of assist?

Is there anyway I can sort this terrible noise out? Or do you think I have good grounds under the warranty for a replacement?
I had a similar issue. I took a video of the rear wheel spinning with the sound, then sent it over to Leon Cycle (where I purchased the bike) and they sent me a new wheel with motor, all covered under warranty.

Interested to know anyone using an Off Road C7 kit, what speed and power setting most of are you using.

Back