Mission Control App - Turbo Vado Solution Now Available

An other advantage is the 350 Watt motor, no need for derestricting, and your are streetlegal. You can (must in the netherlands) insure the bike as a speedpedelec (liability). If you do not, the costs in case of an accident could be imense. It's definitley worth the extra 1200 CAD!

An other advantage is the 350 Watt motor, no need for derestricting, and your are streetlegal. You can (must in the netherlands) insure the bike as a speedpedelec (liability). If you do not, the costs in case of an accident could be imense. It's definitley worth the extra 1200 CAD!

It works differently in Canada. All ebikes are restricted to 32km/h. So, no matter the model, if I want electric assistance higher than 32kmh, I will need to derestrict it!

Where do you get the information about the motor power? Specialized does not show much information about their branding of 1.2E, 1.2 and 1.3 motors! I know they are from Brose, but not much more! Brose T or S?

I hope i will remember to tell you @Balinus the real range of my Turbo Vado 5.0 before you do the purchase but when it is warm enough to judge the bike/battery performance correctly. One think I am sure is high speed feeds on the energy very much 🤣
It works differently in Canada. All ebikes are restricted to 32km/h.
You don't have anything like Class3 in Canada?!

Brose T or S?
It's Brose TF also known as Specialized 1.2s or Brose S Speed also known as Specialized 1.3

Last edited:
I hope i will remember to tell you @Balinus the real range of my Turbo Vado 5.0 before you do the purchase but when it is warm enough to judge the bike/battery performance correctly. One think I am sure is high speed feeds on the energy very much 🤣

You don't have anything like Class3 in Canada?!

It's Brose TF also known as Specialized 1.2s or Brose S Speed also known as Specialized 1.3

Nope, no class 3 in Canada! I think it can be sold, but not used on any public roads. Hence, major brands do not import them in our country.

Range estimation during winter is useful : it mimics summer range in 4-5 years, when the battery gets older!

Guys, let me tell you something. In 2018, Specialized dared to publish ranges for their Turbo Vado 5.0 with 604 Wh battery and wrote this:

Eco mode - up to 80 km
Sport mode - up to 56 km
Turbo mode - up to 40 km.

Later, they updated their Web site with Range Calculator (and removed the figures) but one of their dealers forgot to update his Web page. That is how I know. You want to travel fast - you need to use a lot of juice.

@MarcoVado have you already found out the last 5% of battery cannot be used? This affects your range estimates. Always multiply your predicted range by 0.95.

Last edited:
Can you remember all that controversy related to the replacement of the older BLOKS display with the new TCD-W display so the Mission Control App would work? I pushed the Specialized dealer in Warsaw. He got the following information from the Dutch headquarters of Specialized:

Since the beginning of 2020, Vado 6.0 uses the new display.
To convert the existing bike, we need the full new conversion kit, that is, lights, horn, etc.
That kit is not available yet but we expect the first shipment soon.
Please send me the bike's serial number so we can make a pending order for the kit.

The dealer warned me the conversion wouldn't be free. I guess so. My Vado is sound anyway and no reasons for a warranty claim really. It is on my whim I'd like to replace the display anyway.

Can you remember all that controversy related to the replacement of the older BLOKS display with the new TCD-W display so the Mission Control App would work? I pushed the Specialized dealer in Warsaw. He got the following information from the Dutch headquarters of Specialized:

Since the beginning of 2020, Vado 6.0 uses the new display.
To convert the existing bike, we need the full new conversion kit, that is, lights, horn, etc.
That kit is not available yet but we expect the first shipment soon.
Please send me the bike's serial number so we can make a pending order for the kit.

The dealer warned me the conversion wouldn't be free. I guess so. My Vado is sound anyway and no reasons for a warranty claim really. It is on my whim I'd like to replace the display anyway.
My LBS (Bikesource) wants to charge me $300 to upgrade my BLOK display on my Como 2.0, even though the sales staff repeately claimed that one of the features of the bike was the Mission Control app.

My LBS (Bikesource) wants to charge me $300 to upgrade my BLOK display on my Como 2.0, even though the sales staff repeately claimed that one of the features of the bike was the Mission Control app.
Complain loudly it worked for me. Upgraded at no cost to me. I got my bike back today. It took one day to upgrade it.

Attachments

• 20200306_163749.jpg
    20200306_163749.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 411
  • 20200306_163735.jpg
    20200306_163735.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 478
Complain loudly it worked for me. Upgraded at no cost to me. I got my bike back today. It took one day to upgrade it.
Mission Control App is growing on me. Eco 20/25, Sport 60/60, Turbo 70/70. I went riding today against COVID-19 wearing a mask. 30 miles with average speed of 11 MPH. I used Eco and unassisted the entire time. Finished with 84% battery left. It felt good getting out after being pinned in for over a week. A lot of people riding and jogging with mask. A lot not. Hopefully we get back to normal soon.

Mission Control App is growing on me. Eco 20/25, Sport 60/60, Turbo 70/70. I went riding today against COVID-19 wearing a mask. 30 miles with average speed of 11 MPH. I used Eco and unassisted the entire time. Finished with 84% battery left. It felt good getting out after being pinned in for over a week. A lot of people riding and jogging with mask. A lot not. Hopefully we get back to normal soon.
Using the other app for the BLOKS display, I set it in the opposite direction. Eco at 50%, Sport at 70% and Turbo at 100%. The reason is I'm typically riding against massive upwind nowadays. On the way back with the wind I start the app and reduce the assistance. That let me complete the "ride for cake & beer" on a single battery even if I had the spare handy.

Using the other app for the BLOKS display, I set it in the opposite direction. Eco at 50%, Sport at 70% and Turbo at 100%. The reason is I'm typically riding against massive upwind nowadays. On the way back with the wind I start the app and reduce the assistance. That let me complete the "ride for cake & beer" on a single battery even if I had the spare handy.
👍. What's your average speed? How far did you travel? Turbo Vado Como Tune is just as efficient. BLevo gives more stats but I think Mission Control optimizes the charge better for some reason. That's the farthest I went on 16% battery. I thought I had 83% battery but when I turned the Vado back on to verify it said 84% battery remaining. I think maybe because the wind was mild today and slowing down enabled me to go further. Potentially 150 miles using 80% battery under same conditions is sick. 😁

Back