Lightest ebike kit from Bikee Bike

The campaign will start next Monday, March the 16th!

Facebook campaign launch.png

Last edited:
Hi I wonder if the 1000 unit would work on my tandem I've been looking at the lift mid motor units and those fit in the frame I wondered if you can fit yours in frame. It looks good just need to know if you think it could do the job. Our average ride is around 20 / 25 miles off road and an elevation of 2000 ft but would like to increase to 35 plus miles.
your unit is such a good price and a great weight. These are a few photos of the bike and position of were it needs to be installed
IMG_20200409_101855.jpg
IMG_20200409_103201.jpg
IMG_20200409_101839.jpg

Hi Bossman, please check whether the in-frame mount will work. clean. You can print in 1:1 scale the attached drawings ( you can verify that by the scale on the printed drawings) and check whether it fits into the frame. No problem for the offset, by using different shims you’ll be able to get to the desired offset. Plus, you'll need a custom shaft: you can get that as accessory in the checkout section. All the best, Matteo

Attachments

• HRO IN-FRAME.PDF
    375.8 KB · Views: 520
Here is a recent review by Electrek... interesting design for a powerful mid-drive motor.

The Italian electric bicycle conversion kit company Bikee Bike has a new lightweight kit known as the Lightest. As the name implies, Bikee says this is the lightest weight e-bike kit on the market, with the mid-drive unit weighing just 1.65 kg (3.5 lb). Bikee Bike’s “Lightest” kit follows on the heels of the company’s first kit known as the “Bikee Best” (they really don’t mess around with names, do they?). The Best kit was a powerhouse of a mid-drive, easily able to propel e-bikes past speeds of 48 km/h (30 mph).

The new Lightest kit isn’t quite as powerful, but still offers up to 90 Nm of torque, meaning it can pull harder than pretty much any commercial European mid-drive motor such as those from Bosch or Brose. Only Chinese e-bike parts manufacturer Bafang offers stronger options in its M600 and M620 (Bafang Ultra) motors.
Bikee’s Lightest kit is available in a package that offers up to 1,200W of peak power (marketed as a 1,000W continuous kit), though the company is also offering lower power units with 250, 500 and 750W nominal motors. Even the lowest power motor is still quite strong though, with the company claiming that the 250W nominal motor actually puts out around 600-700W of peak power.

The motor bolts onto the existing downtube of a bike and is designed to fit most frames including mountain bikes, road bikes, cruisers, and more. Various adapters are available for different frame geometries. While the 1,000W motor can reach speeds of up to 50 km/h (31 mph), the 250W and 500W kits both top out at 25 km/h (15 mph). The 750W kit reaches 40 km/h (25 mph).

1586627363782.png

1586627333957.png

Last edited:
Hi Matteo,

Firstly I would like to say this is a great kit, exactly what was missing on the market. I'm just about to order one but I have a question:

Brake cut off sensors - if I'm not wrong it looks like this is just an option available to work with SUPER HERO pack. If this is an important safety feature shouldn't it be standard with the basic kit? I understand that those sensors cutting off power when the brake lever is activated?

Thanks a lot

Hi Annmac, I'm really glad you like the Lightest.

About brake sensors: yes, you are correct, those works with the Superhero pack. Those are standard on our other system (BEST) but it is also true that all common ebikes don't have those. That's why we decided to offer them as an accessory.

Hi Matteo !
Do you think the motor would fit fit on a bogbi cargo bike (vertical seat tube) like this ?
Would the 250W kit (EU legal) be strong enough for a 35kg bike + 80kg cyclist + 20kg kid ? :)

c1701a080321695e097d0fca68ee5e68.jpgbc163e4f0e543566e78fdf55def9c89a.jpg

It might fit but why would you want to?

For a cargo bike, a lot of people tend to want bigger motor.

Well, the legal power limit is 250W / 25km/h for powered assisted cycles. More power/speed and you need registration, plate, insurance.

Plus, my point is not to let the motor do the whole job but only give me assistance when it's getting very hard (there are some serious hills in Paris (France) area)

Last edited:
Well, the legal power limit is 250W / 25km/h for powered assisted cycles. More power/speed and you need registration, plate, insurance.

Plus, my point is not to let the motor do the whole job but only give me assistance when it's getting very hard (there are some serious hills in Paris (France) area)

Not in the US... although I am in favor of lower assist levels for light/fast road bikes. ;)

those power limits vary ...I believe in florida it's 1 hp roughly 750 watts and I think there is a speed limit..forget what that is..

Hi Matteo !
Do you think the motor would fit fit on a bogbi cargo bike (vertical seat tube) like this ?
Would the 250W kit (EU legal) be strong enough for a 35kg bike + 80kg cyclist + 20kg kid ? :)

View attachment 53544View attachment 53545

Hi Nessos, I apologize for the late feedback, I overlooked the notification. I think that the in-frame mount is the best solution for your cargo ( see it attached). You can print in 1:1 scale the attached drawings ( you can verify that by the scale on the printed drawings) and check whether it fits into the frame.

In the meanwhile we let an independent tester having fun with our motor:

fil salita.jpg

His the admin of ebike Italia, a Facebook group of ebike enthusiast in Italy,

ebike italia thread.jpg

ebike italia post.jpg

Unfortunately I cannot paste the link of the videos, but you can see his initial comments here ( translated in English):

Stay aside, the lightest motor Bikee bike arrives !!!
The word to Phil:
"Hi dear, first of all I had to stop for a moment and try to curb the enthusiasm. But no, I didn't make it. Simply because I didn't succeed, in the two hours of testing, up and down paths on the edge of flipping , to find a fault.
When you see it hanging on the bike it seems absolutely impossible that such a small engine can be so powerful. And believe me. It is.
I know I shouldn't say it, but it's the most powerful AND HIGHEST TORQUE 250w I've tried. The "game" of how this torque can be produced by such a small engine is widely explained on their site, I am not going to dwell on it ... but IT IS TRUE.
To give you an example, on climbs where with Bosch CX (3o 4) I go up with the 34/42, here I went up with a 35 (!) 36, and not the 42. The torque surplus was absolutely evident.
Awesome job also on pedaling roundness, there is not that feeling (which I thought natural) of impulse thrust, here it is much more round. Which implies less bobbing uphill and more linearity in traction.
9 (NINE) assistance levels that allow you to pedal at 1 keeping the pace of any friend, even if you are not well trained with the muscle without going crazy or sowing it (try to go at a walking pace on a 10/12% climb and understand that there is the catch ... in that case, with other motors, either you keep low assistance and push with your legs or you have high assistance, but your battery drains and you pedal very little Alternatively you pedal normally, but you do not go at walking pace and your friend insults you! 😅) and then gradually getting on the desired assistance up to level 9 that Bosch CX turbo shut up! 🤣 All this with the 250w and to be honest I also had the pinion that limits the torque to 70 (??? 🤣🤣🤣) Nm declared .. .What's going on with 90?!?! 🤔😎
Consumption ... dunno, I rode it a little, true, say 5km, but I went to look for all the climbs that at 20 years with the muscolar bike I could not do .. and voilà. Got past. Still got 5 out of 5 battery bars, with 630 battery, so it seems absolutely normal, if not very efficient.
Defects? Well of course, it was a pre-series, so no finishing touches, the Walk was not actually usable (but you just need to intervene via software) and clearly it was not as beautiful as it will be in the end.
Therefore.
I bought it.
In September, once the engine is final, I will make an accurate video review ... For now, just a few lines and a few videos that clearly do not do justice.
I recommend the Hero version with software and dedicated control unit that can be adjusted in every small detail.
One wonders what the "big brothers" are of the same engine with 1000 and more w !!!!

Attachments

• HRO IN-FRAME.PDF
    375.8 KB · Views: 499
Hi Matteo,

So I've been slowly building the rest of my kit in preparation for my 750w drive unit, and I noticed the inner frame mounting brackets are going to be a bit too long for my configuration and was wondering If I could get the CAD models or drawings of the brackets to modify them for my setup.
(TREK Xcal 7 with Bicycle Motor Works Pocket Rocket II 52v 10Ah battery)

Attachments

• 20210524_080015.jpg
    20210524_080015.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 294
  • 20210524_080004.jpg
    20210524_080004.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 277
  • 20210524_080048.jpg
    20210524_080048.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 299
Hi Matteo,

So I've been slowly building the rest of my kit in preparation for my 750w drive unit, and I noticed the inner frame mounting brackets are going to be a bit too long for my configuration and was wondering If I could get the CAD models or drawings of the brackets to modify them for my setup.
(TREK Xcal 7 with Bicycle Motor Works Pocket Rocket II 52v 10Ah battery)
Hi Camo, we added the section compatibility here: https://www.lightest.bike/it/compatibility . Here you can download the latest 2d drawings of all the mounts!

Back