Lectric XP

It has nothing to do with the rear derailleur adjustment, it's the simple fact that when the chain is in the outermost gear $7, the angle coming from the front chainring is too extreme and that is what causes the rubbing. Derailleur adjustment won't fix this. This is typically a problem you can run into on most bikes with a front and rear derailleur when going from the largest front chainring to smallest rear, or vice versa to make the chain angle extreme. Should not be THIS extreme though, and seems like if the front chainring guard were not there, the chain would happily slip off and often.
I just checked both of my bikes. One is doing just as yours is doing, the other one is perfect. That leads me to believe it is an adjustment and one of the videos should find my problem. I have found these bikes are put together with no fine tuning, the brakes on both bikes were almost dangerous they were so far out of adjustment. Thank you for bring the derailleur adjustment to my attention.

I just checked both of my bikes. One is doing just as yours is doing, the other one is perfect. That leads me to believe it is an adjustment and one of the videos should find my problem. I have found these bikes are put together with no fine tuning, the brakes on both bikes were almost dangerous they were so far out of adjustment. Thank you for bring the derailleur adjustment to my attention.

Let me know what happens after you fine-tune yours. I did another full rear derailleur adjustment yesterday, all gears banging perfectly now on shifts as they were before, chain still cross chaining.

LG M26 is correct. 13s4p

I'm considering a 14ah battery with Samsung 35e cells and 30a BMS. Would you say these are better than the LG M26 cells? Or worse because of the lower 8a max continuous current vs the LG 10a?

The Lectric LG battery provides 40a and the 14ah Samsung 35e battery provides 32a. The Lectric XP controller maxes out at 20a so I think I'll be fine with the Samsung.

Did the first modification to my wife's XP today, Kenda Kraze 20x4.25 tires. WOW, what a difference, so much smoother and quieter. The bike also seems to pick up speed much quicker. They're puncture resistant and they also have a reflective ring for safety, I highly recommend these. I'll be ordering a set for my black XP as well. $35 per tire from Rad Power Bikes.

IMG-0367.jpg

IMG-0365.jpg

IMG-0362.jpg

IMG-0359.jpg

IMG-0361.jpg
Sweet!!

Anybody know if Ortleib Back-Roller Classic pannier works with Lectric XP rack? Or recommend a quality pannier?
Look up the Rhinowalk 25L bike bag on Amazon, you can't tell the difference between it and the Ortleib and it only costs $56! It's fully waterproof, has a small pocket on the front for tools, comes with a shoulder strap, the mounting points are adjustable so you can push it right to the back of the rack so you have less chance to hit them with your feet (depends on the size of your feet) and it is tall enough to fit your extra battery in it. It comes in black or yellow and is available on Aliexpress as well but the price is no better and Amazon will ship in 1 or 2 days.

Look up the Rhinowalk 25L bike bag on Amazon, you can't tell the difference between it and the Ortleib and it only costs $56! It's fully waterproof, has a small pocket on the front for tools, comes with a shoulder strap, the mounting points are adjustable so you can push it right to the back of the rack so you have less chance to hit them with your feet (depends on the size of your feet) and it is tall enough to fit your extra battery in it. It comes in black or yellow and is available on Aliexpress as well but the price is no better and Amazon will ship in 1 or 2 days.
Ok I bought them. Due tomorrow morning! I’m still a little nervous about how the bottom attaches

Ok I bought them. Due tomorrow morning! I’m still a little nervous about how the bottom attaches
The bottom has a long adjustable lever that fits over one of the legs of the rack, it seems to work best when pointing to the rear or down at an angle towards the rear.

Just installed x large chunky grips..
Going for a ride soon.Will give report when back.
Darceman, miss your update and ride posts. Had to look this one up for the grips, I don't like the silicone grip I bought, too thin. I see that yours were the extra chunky that fit nice in the photo. I will order a set today just what I was looking for, thanks!

We have CRUSE CONTROL
Checked out something today and it works, we have cruse control. Using the throttle get to the speed you want then long hold the down arrow button. "Cruse" will appear in the PAS window. To turn off, hit the down arrow button again, or tap a brake handle, much like a car.
If you change the cruise number that increase or decreased the PAS when cruse is turned off. Nice feature.

We have CRUSE CONTROL
Checked out something today and it works, we have cruse control. Using the throttle get to the speed you want then long hold the down arrow button. "Cruse" will appear in the PAS window. To turn off, hit the down arrow button again, or tap a brake handle, much like a car.
If you change the cruise number that increase or decreased the PAS when cruse is turned off. Nice feature.

You're the man!!!! I need to try this out later tonight. This would in theory eliminate the need for these throttle helper plastic pieces I have seen being posted up lately for people that want to use only throttle for long periods of time. I first thought the cruise control was one of the settings they had locked out, but this would be awesome if it works on my bike. How early in the delivery did you get your bike? Just trying to compare...

We have CRUSE CONTROL
Now you've done it, one more thing for Lectric to lock out. seriously , good find

You're the man!!!! I need to try this out later tonight. This would in theory eliminate the need for these throttle helper plastic pieces I have seen being posted up lately for people that want to use only throttle for long periods of time. I first thought the cruise control was one of the settings they had locked out, but this would be awesome if it works on my bike. How early in the delivery did you get your bike? Just trying to compare...
I am an early delivery with the unlocked controller. I hope someone can report if the cruse with a locked controller still works. I believe it is the P17 setting. 0 cruise disabled, 1 cruse enabled.

Brand spanking new, just came in today, 7th gear grinding the 6th cog out of the box. If you zoom in and look at the slightly angled teeth and angle inside the chain it’s even more comical, it really makes it stand out...

I Will say that it’s only very slightly rubbing when you are peddling forward and obviously much worse when pedaling backwards because the rear derailleur doesn’t have the same kind of tension in my opinion. Still continually rubbing which will lead to premature chain wear. Meh

Attachments

• E0381406-6F2E-47EC-B9B3-6817A158986F.jpeg
    E0381406-6F2E-47EC-B9B3-6817A158986F.jpeg
    162.1 KB · Views: 457
  • 5FEF3078-9DA2-445D-A186-30BCF6480528.jpeg
    5FEF3078-9DA2-445D-A186-30BCF6480528.jpeg
    473.9 KB · Views: 459
  • D8A5A7E7-4554-4807-B283-78A4ABEF4246.jpeg
    D8A5A7E7-4554-4807-B283-78A4ABEF4246.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 443
Darceman, miss your update and ride posts. Had to look this one up for the grips, I don't like the silicone grip I bought, too thin. I see that yours were the extra chunky that fit nice in the photo. I will order a set today just what I was looking for, thanks!
I have been busy riding I have now lost 9 pounds in less than 2 months and I was active before, go figure. Rode 49 km last nite, 42 the nite before. Here's a place by the river near my place. another trail that I didn't know existed till I bought this bike

Attachments

• 20191024_202307.jpg
    20191024_202307.jpg
    419.8 KB · Views: 397
I have been busy riding I have now lost 9 pounds in less than 2 months and I was active before, go figure. Rode 49 km last nite, 42 the nite before. Here's a place by the river near my place. another trail that I didn't know existed till I bought this bike
Wow 9 pounds, that's great. Just curious, what PAS (if any) are you using?

We have CRUSE CONTROL
PO17 on mine says 000 and I cannot change it.

PO17 on mine says 000 and I cannot change it.
Does Cruse work? Have you tried it or just reading P17 setting? I was just speculating on the P setting from the controller owners manual. I hope someone can try it on a new bike and see if cruse works. I found a way to get get the setting to work, I reported it did work, I hope others can help if it works on a locked controller.

Last edited:
Does Cruse work? Have you tried it or just reading P17 setting? I was just speculating on the P setting from the controller owners manual. I hope someone can try it on a new bike and see if cruse works. I found a way to get get the setting to work, I reported it did work, I hope others can help if it works on a locked controller.
Yeah I have not tried cruise yet, just attempted to change the setting. I'll test it tomorrow and write back.

Back