Lectric XP

It has nothing to do with the rear derailleur adjustment, it's the simple fact that when the chain is in the outermost gear $7, the angle coming from the front chainring is too extreme and that is what causes the rubbing. Derailleur adjustment won't fix this. This is typically a problem you can run into on most bikes with a front and rear derailleur when going from the largest front chainring to smallest rear, or vice versa to make the chain angle extreme. Should not be THIS extreme though, and seems like if the front chainring guard were not there, the chain would happily slip off and often.
For me a derailleur adjustment fixed it. The noise and rubbing that is. The angle seems perhaps extreme. But it seems to work. At least on my bike. These are toy store bikes set up by amateurs. Then shipped across the ocean, then by truck.
I feel I got a fun toy at a fair price :)

Did the first modification to my wife's XP today, Kenda Kraze 20x4.25 tires. WOW, what a difference, so much smoother and quieter. The bike also seems to pick up speed much quicker. They're puncture resistant and they also have a reflective ring for safety, I highly recommend these. I'll be ordering a set for my black XP as well. $35 per tire from Rad Power Bikes.

IMG-0367.jpg

IMG-0365.jpg

IMG-0362.jpg

IMG-0359.jpg

IMG-0361.jpg

Yay. ANother Nova owner, at least ex-Nova, The only thing on ours that gave me trouble was the hinge needs an annual oiling, or it starts to squeak. I initially bought the 8FS with full suspension a few years ago, but my wife commandeered it. So I got the Nova. I installed 250W motors on each. Both are around 35 pounds. Depends on what batteries I use. We only ride them for fun on bike paths. Much more nimble than my Ecotric 20" folding fat bike.

View attachment 40393

Ha wow that's awesome! Glad to see another owner indeed. Not sure if you were aware of my past post but my Nova was stolen from the train station in my town. I was careless and have no one to blame but myself. It was a great "cheap" and light folding bike. My first.

I love that you have two Downtube models and you electrified both! How awesome is that?! Very cool man, impressive. I never expected this.

Did the first modification to my wife's XP today, Kenda Kraze 20x4.25 tires. WOW, what a difference, so much smoother and quieter. The bike also seems to pick up speed much quicker. They're puncture resistant and they also have a reflective ring for safety, I highly recommend these. I'll be ordering a set for my black XP as well. $35 per tire from Rad Power Bikes.

IMG-0367.jpg

IMG-0365.jpg

IMG-0362.jpg

IMG-0359.jpg

IMG-0361.jpg

Wow those tires look awesome and like they belong on the XP! Much more sporty and less off-roady! I will definitely go this route when it's time to upgrade my tires. I love the reflective safety ring and puncture resistance, that's pretty much the perfect tire for a commuter. Glad you posted this.

RobK if you're reading this do you know what cells the Lectric LG battery is using?

I removed one of the covers from one of my batteries and from what my eyes can tell from the color of the cells (blue) they may be LG M26 18650 2600mAh 10A LGGBM261865 cells. Nominal voltage on this cell is 3.65V.

Any input?

IMG-0367.jpg

IMG-0365.jpg

IMG-0362.jpg

IMG-0359.jpg

IMG-0361.jpg
How difficult was it to put rear wheel back on? And did you use some tool?

RobK if you're reading this do you know what cells the Lectric LG battery is using?

I removed one of the covers from one of my batteries and from what my eyes can tell from the color of the cells (blue) they may be LG M26 18650 2600mAh 10A LGGBM261865 cells. Nominal voltage on this cell is 3.65V.

Any input?
LG M26 is correct. 13s4p

Last edited:
It was quite easy actually, what I did was remove the rear brake caliper, two bolts, then slide the cassette side bolt into the drop out first, with a flat head screwdriver I jammed it against the rear drop out and hub on the opposite side and the whole thing just slid down into place. Easy peasy.
Very good to hear, I just ordered a set, looking forward to the quieter ride.

As I was leaving work I couldn't resist this shot. These in-ground lights are pretty cool and it started drizzling! I swear I love the Fulton Market neighborhood more than I do my own. If only I could afford an apartment here.

View attachment 40424

View attachment 40425
I live not far from you (Wisconsin), so if the weather permits I'm out every night after work. Got to get in as much riding time as I can before the snow starts flying. Great photos you took there👍🏼

IMG-0367.jpg

IMG-0365.jpg

IMG-0362.jpg

IMG-0359.jpg

IMG-0361.jpg

Those are amazing. I will definitely do this at some point. However I'm having a hard time not staring at your M3 there ;)

Can others here please check their 7th gear for cross chaining and see closely if it's dragging on the 6th gear?
So I looked at mine last night. it looks pretty much the same as yours as far as chain alignment, just not bad enough to rub. But I changed my freewheel for the 11 tooth high gear a while ago so it's not the same comparison. there's no visible chain wear and no noise. The rear cassette to motor spacing looks just like yours (maybe even a little worse). I did take a picture of the spacing of my front chain ring measured from the small angled tube next to the ring.40437 about 1 7/8 inch. I dont know where to go from here without having it in front of me.

So I looked at mine last night. it looks pretty much the same as yours as far as chain alignment, just not bad enough to rub. But I changed my freewheel for the 11 tooth high gear a while ago so it's not the same comparison. there's no visible chain wear and no noise. The rear cassette to motor spacing looks just like yours (maybe even a little worse). I did take a picture of the spacing of my front chain ring measured from the small angled tube next to the ring.View attachment 40437 about 1 7/8 inch. I dont know where to go from here without having it in front of me.

You sir, rock! Thank you so much for checking out your bike. I too, have ordered the same freewheel as you, and am looking forward to installing it, so when I take the rear cassette off I will then be able to tell if anything looks out of place there. Should be doing this this weekend.

In addition, I will check my front chainring for spacing and compare to yours (Looks like it's actually 1 7/16" instead of 1 7/8").

Lastly, my wife has a white XP coming in tomorrow, so I can check hers carefully as well to compare. I will find an answer soon!

- No response to my inquiry with Lectric on this issue thus far.

IMG-0367.jpg

I did something similar. I'm not a huge fan of fat tire bikes but the Lectric was such a good deal I went with it. I swapped my tires for 3 inchers to reduce the size (but still fit on the fat rims) with a more street friendly tread. They run way smoother and quieter. I can hear the motor spin up now whereas before it was pretty much buried in the tire noise. Like you mentioned about them being speedier, I noticed mine run slightly slower at each PAS level (1 to 1.5 MPH) which I actually like. I always thought that PAS 1 was too fast.4043840439. if anyone is interested I got them on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L6IU4I8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
They also make a white wall, but it's not reflective. I think that might look cool on a white bike.

You sir, rock! Thank you so much for checking out your bike. I too, have ordered the same freewheel as you, and am looking forward to installing it, so when I take the rear cassette off I will then be able to tell if anything looks out of place there. Should be doing this this weekend.

In addition, I will check my front chainring for spacing and compare to yours (Looks like it's actually 1 7/16" instead of 1 7/8").

Lastly, my wife has a white XP coming in tomorrow, so I can check hers carefully as well to compare. I will find an answer soon!

- No response to my inquiry with Lectric on this issue thus far.

I was measuring to the center of the chainring teeth but it's all the same.

Back