Lectric XP

konea420

Looks like a new company entered into the e-bike arena. Has anyone had any experience with this company or bike? It checks a lot of boxes for me. There are a few sponsored youtube videos on the bike.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

A co-worker who rode my Haibike SDuro last month saw this ebike and was genuinely interested in it. Another co-worker saw it and immediately labelled it as 'retarded looking'. *shrug* I think for the price it is a very capable ride, but it's not my cup of tea for the trails that I ride. The small tires and long stem seem like they are more tailored for the beach or snowy trails compared to my '9er. The reviews seem to be favorable for it.

Based on what I saw on the reviews and the foldability and of course the price, I took a chance and pre-ordered two of them for our RV. They won't arrive until early August. I'll come back with more info then.

Their marketing strategy seems to be finding popular Youtube personalities living full-time in RVs, vans, etc., and letting them use the bikes and hopefully get them to do a video. In one case they actually gave one of their bikes to vanlife guru Bob Wells. At $899 pre-order, it seems to be a compelling buy when most other similar models easily average $1400. It is only slightly less capable spec-wise than a Rad Mini, and makes you wonder if the $600 difference is worth it. How they are doing this considering the current tariff situation is beyond me.

Based on what I saw on the reviews and the foldability and of course the price, I took a chance and pre-ordered two of them for our RV. They won't arrive until early August. I'll come back with more info then.

Hello Hovtech,
I'm in "Investigate Before I Buy Mode" presently. I watched YouTube videos several hours last night. Warranty is my Primary concern with any ebike company. I'm still put out over Smartmotion's persistant refusal to honor their warranty on the new "Pacer" with the 17.5 aH battery which died in eight months. "But; this isn't about $1,000.00 batteries or Shysters."

Hovtech; I'd be honored if you would keep me posted on your "XP Lectricebike". Planning too purchase one for September; which must be ordered soon, before Preorder Discounts expire. I see no greed or dishonesty in these ebike prices. Especially on the battery prices.

Best,

Praise the Lord for sunshine, clean air, panoramic views; and a Lectric XP to enhance my beckoning journeys. It's rough being strapped in this boat named patience; while waiting for my XP too arrive. Guess I'm gonna know how Forest Gump felt; when his leg braces fell off. Fortunately; foresight inspired me to order an extra battery for $299.00. See; this Ol' Stallion's been missin' some of his favorite fishin' holes. Bet this Hoss can teach the new Stallion; how to find them. This may be the unforeseen justification I need; to invest in a Go Pro and a YouTube Channel. Nothing happens by mistake; . . . Even at 64.

Hornswaggled No More,

Last edited:
Ordered mine about 2 weeks ago. I will definitely be reporting all about it once I receive it. I do have concerns about a new company, but the videos appear to show a great product. Talked to the people in AZ. And they seem sincere. Never seen a product become so hot so fast. Time will tell. Again, the next 30 days will seem like forever. I look at pictures everyday!

Ordered mine about 2 weeks ago. I will definitely be reporting all about it once I receive it. I do have concerns about a new company, but the videos appear to show a great product. Talked to the people in AZ. And they seem sincere. Never seen a product become so hot so fast. Time will tell. Again, the next 30 days will seem like forever. I look at pictures everyday!

Your expedient reply was awesomely phenomenal Hovtech. Yes; the proof is in the pudding; and time is the teller of all truths. Have a marvelous day. Maybe between the two of us; we will become good informants for vulnerable seniors. ?

I ordered 2 on June 1st with the projected first July shipment. I received my FEDEX tracking number of July 1st as they had indicated and I received the bikes on July 15 along with the free Saddlebags that were offered under a code from an RV review. Fit & finish of the bikes are excellent and they are set for class 2 and the manual shows how to set for Class 3 and they include the sticker for the bike if it is configured as such. The only issue we had with one bike was the rear bike rack was not straight (it was welded a little off) but the company took care of it by sending another rack. They were very prompt & professional. Nice to have great customer service with a startup company. They are very easy to ride and no surging or jerkiness. My wife felt was comfortable riding and both bikes respond the same in A/B comparison. For the price, I would have to say an excellent value. Attached are pics of the bikes. We added the mirrors and there is a different seat on my wife's bike.

Attachments

• IMG_1818.jpg
    IMG_1818.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 7,538
I ordered 2 on June 1st with the projected first July shipment. I received my FEDEX tracking number of July 1st as they had indicated and I received the bikes on July 15 along with the free Saddlebags that were offered under a code from an RV review. Fit & finish of the bikes are excellent and they are set for class 2 and the manual shows how to set for Class 3 and they include the sticker for the bike if it is configured as such. The only issue we had with one bike was the rear bike rack was not straight (it was welded a little off) but the company took care of it by sending another rack. They were very prompt & professional. Nice to have great customer service with a startup company. They are very easy to ride and no surging or jerkiness. My wife felt was comfortable riding and both bikes respond the same in A/B comparison. For the price, I would have to say an excellent value. Attached are pics of the bikes. We added the mirrors and there is a different seat on my wife's bike.
A. I'm so jealous
B. I so happy for you.
These bikes are a life changing purchase. You'll see.
I still have to wait till the end of Aug. for my 2.

A. I'm so jealous
B. I so happy for you.
These bikes are a life changing purchase. You'll see.
I still have to wait till the end of Aug. for my 2.
The wait will be worth it. We are in our early 60s and our 20+ plus speed Fuji road bikes have been idle for 8 years as they are uncomfortable and a challenge at times going uphill. The Lectrics are effortless with pedal assist going uphill or throttle only. Our range is now the limits of the charge which I have not actually measured it but I estimate for me at 210 lbs will be 30+miles with normal roads with slight inclines. Good luck with yours.

My new bike friend here let me use his wife’s bike, Rad mini, for a ride with him. We went 20 miles on my first ride!!! That’s why I say life changing. BTW, same age.

Highlight of my 20 mile bike ride. The trail we were on has some pretty big inclines. I love being on this Rad mini (just like our new bikes) and seeing a guy on a $3k bike standing and peddling with great difficulty up the hill and I am just sitting in my seat peddling right by. It’s a great feeling!

Does the rear rack construction seem robust? It’s weight rated at 55lbs on the website and I want to confirm that I’d have the option of putting my toddler and bike seat onto the rack. Thanks!

Does the rear rack construction seem robust? It’s weight rated at 55lbs on the website and I want to confirm that I’d have the option of putting my toddler and bike seat onto the rack. Thanks!
Yes, It appears very strong. I could not bend the arms

Reactions: ELK
The #1 thing I will have to figure out is how to trans port my 40lb. Corgi with me. Looking at carriers that attach to the rear of the bike. There are a lot of them to chose from. Very little research as to which ones are good or not. Any others have any knowledge in this area?

Back