Lectric XP

I think part of the deal is to getting used to it. If you have not been riding for significant time period, the tissues around hip bones gets tired and beat up easily.
I started biking earlier this year after few years of break. I had same problem. I had used some gel seat (similar to the one below) for couple of months and it helped.

However after the few months when my hip bone tissues got stronger I did not enjoy it that much and looking for something stiffer seat.
Thank you much for this info, it's been a number of years sense I've ridden, so I will give my ass some time to work in before I consider looking for a new seat.

Thank you much for this info, it's been a number of years sense I've ridden, so I will give my ass some time to work in before I consider looking for a new seat.

I give you credit for toughness. I'm doing the new seat anyway. I rode for maybe 3 miles today and my butt had a meaningful conversation with me. I'm now sitting on the softest office chair I've ever owned and all is not forgiven.

On the plus side, it doesn't get a hell lot of time to get used to it. In my recent experience, first 5-10 rides were something I can recall and classify as "uncomfortable". Then it became "OK" for short and medium duration rides. For longer rides (20+ miles) it took its own time.

More suggestions:
OR

I got my bike a couple of days ago and finally got somewhere where I could set it up and go for a ride. The bike feels solid and I like it. What stands out from my first ride is the sensation of speed. Fun stuff. And then there's the seat. Whoa. Replacement seat order happens today.

And since talking about locks always goes well... :) I now know why nobody posts pics or even talks about their locking strategy. It's because they don't have one. lol Isn't this bike is a bugger to secure? My somewhat huge Abus u-lock (still in the package and probably going back) isn't going to work for me. I think I'll go with an Abus padlock https://www.amazon.com/ABUS-Granit-...eywords=abus+chain&qid=1569181261&s=hi&sr=1-9
and a chain. I'll get an ok quality chain for locking to the side of my motorhome so the bike doesn't grow legs and something good for locking to bike racks and what-have-you out in public.

Anybody have any suggestions for a chain?

😂

Happy we have a bike worth locking .

I actually bought the foldy lock and have had it here for a couple of weeks waiting for my bike to arrive. It looked pretty decent to me. I also picked up a small chain lock for the seat since it has a quick release and I bought an extra chain for the tire.

My question to everyone is this. Are you planning on getting bicycle insurance for your XP? I'm thinking about it.

I got my bike a couple of days ago and finally got somewhere where I could set it up and go for a ride. The bike feels solid and I like it. What stands out from my first ride is the sensation of speed. Fun stuff. And then there's the seat. Whoa. Replacement seat order happens today.

And since talking about locks always goes well... :) I now know why nobody posts pics or even talks about their locking strategy. It's because they don't have one. lol Isn't this bike is a bugger to secure? My somewhat huge Abus u-lock (still in the package and probably going back) isn't going to work for me. I think I'll go with an Abus padlock https://www.amazon.com/ABUS-Granit-...eywords=abus+chain&qid=1569181261&s=hi&sr=1-9
and a chain. I'll get an ok quality chain for locking to the side of my motorhome so the bike doesn't grow legs and something good for locking to bike racks and what-have-you out in public.

Anybody have any suggestions for a chain?
I was intending to purchase a Abus U-lock ( Extreme 59 with either 9.6 or 10.2 inch inner opening), which model/size did you get and why won't it work. It's heavy but secure. But if there is no easy way to mount it then it is a no go.Thanks.

I was intending to purchase a Abus U-lock ( Extreme 59 with either 9.6 or 10.2 inch inner opening), which model/size did you get and why won't it work. It's heavy but secure. But if there is no easy way to mount it then it is a no go.Thanks.

I bought the Granit XPlus 540 model. I don't know what they say the internal measurements are but I'm reading 11 1/4" x 4 1/4" (but only around 9 1/2" to where the curve starts at the end). I haven't tried the lock yet. I just wheeled the bike up next to my motorhome and eyeballed the situation and punted. The lock is going back and I'm doing the chain program. My situation is different though (at least with locking the bike to the side of a motorhome). If the bike is in contact with the motorhome, every time I go up or down the stairs some paint will get chewed off the bike & the motorhome. I'd like to avoid that. Chains are good that way.

I bought the Granit XPlus 540 model. I don't know what they say the internal measurements are but I'm reading 11 1/4" x 4 1/4" (but only around 9 1/2" to where the curve starts at the end). I haven't tried the lock yet. I just wheeled the bike up next to my motorhome and eyeballed the situation and punted. The lock is going back and I'm doing the chain program. My situation is different though (at least with locking the bike to the side of a motorhome). If the bike is in contact with the motorhome, every time I go up or down the stairs some paint will get chewed off the bike & the motorhome. I'd like to avoid that. Chains are good that way.
Easy solution, I have outside sensors on the Motorhome that are part of the alarm system that will wake the entire campground up. Anyone comes close to the bike, I don't think they will be there long enough to even begin to figure out what kind of lock I have. Might look into an alarm system if your just worried about one area to secure the bike. If you travel to and use the bike in high theft areas, that won't work for you.

I'd rather not use a chain with Schlage written on it but between cost and weight I might not have a choice, and when I find something better I can still use the lock.

Turn the sleeve of the chain inside out. Can't see any of the lettering that way.

Easy solution, I have outside sensors on the Motorhome that are part of the alarm system that will wake the entire campground up. Anyone comes close to the bike, I don't think they will be there long enough to even begin to figure out what kind of lock I have. Might look into an alarm system if your just worried about one area to secure the bike. If you travel to and use the bike in high theft areas, that won't work for you.
Good suggestion!

Your thoughts - as the XP is odd shaped, do you think there is a good way to attach a u-lock to the XP frame and something like a parking meter or standard bike stand? Do you think a smaller (9- 10" opening ) version might also work? Thanks.

Your thoughts - as the XP is odd shaped, do you think there is a good way to attach a u-lock to the XP frame and something like a parking meter or standard bike stand? Do you think a smaller (9- 10" opening ) version might also work? Thanks.

I have questions, not answers. I think 1 spot on the bike that might be ok for locking is the bottom of the seat tube by the pedal crank.

So i bought a cart to tow behind my XP with our corgi in it. Problem is, he doesn’t want to go in it. I then took the wheels oof and put it by his bed/ food. Anytime I give him a treat I make him go in the cart to get it. So now he is used to going in it. Next I will put the wheels on and make him jump up into it. At some point I will attach it to my XP and slowly try to get him used to being in it while it moves slowly. Hoping someday to be able to tow him behind me. We’ll see

I have a little trailer for a bike and only had to put the dog in it once. After that all I have to do is ask her if she wants to go for a ride. She jumps rite in. I dont worry about her getting out because she loves riding with me. Something to think about though. Might want a short leash to keep the dog in place till the get accustomed to it.
I have not used the trailer with the XP yet, but I did get a 6 gallon milk crate at Lowes and zip-tied it to the rack with some cushioning and a small dog bed. She can't get in the basket herself but she does stand at the back of the bike when I ask her if she wants to go.

Attachments

• Roxy.jpg
    Roxy.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 990
I just got my bike about 90 minutes ago. I shot some unboxing video. Hope it helps. Also, I have no idea what the alanhex key is for? It seems to big for all the hex nuts that I needed to tighten up. I removed the battery to charge while I set the bike up and 2 screws fell out of the battery compartment, I have to hunt down where they might go. How to I attach video?

Last edited:
I just got my bike about 90 minutes ago. I shot some unboxing video. Hope it helps. Also, I have no idea what the alanhex key is for? It seems to big for all the hex nuts that I needed to tighten up. I removed the battery to charge while I set the bike up and 2 screws fell out of the battery compartment, I have to hunt down where they might go. How to I attach video?

If you upload the video to YouTube just grab the link with the "Share" button and paste it in a reply on the forum.

So Aliexpress is owned by Alibaba, a Chinese company operating out of China? A nation without what we in the west would call a legal system? And people are going to trust these folks with advance payment on an expensive item? What could go wrong? I think Darwin will have a little fun with this.

Troubling though is the long term. Are we in the process of cutting out the middleman? Instead of US companies getting supplied by China, the "new and improved" way is for us to deal with Chinese companies directly? Hmmm. Just speaking for myself, I don't think I'm going to like this phase.

Your thought process is only half-correct.
You also have to consider this: If they are THAT unreliable + untrustworthy, Alibaba would simply not be worth $350 Billion today.
Because word would quickly spread, and no one would buy from them.

Back