Lectric XP

Thanks but I don't youtube. Do you know of another way?

I don't think the software for this forum will allow you to attach a video file directly. If you use Google Photo or Flickr or Vimeo or some other hosting site like that you may have some luck. Even Dropbox might work if you can create a shared link. In short, your best bet is to host the video on a server somewhere and then create or provide a sharable link.

$1.2 million at $200. a bike is not much profit for the number of people involved and the overhead. If that continues long term, and I hope it does, it will grow into a nice company. Being one the the first to market in the folding bike class under $1,000, they deserve it. Others are just now entering the market and it will get very competitive where profits get skinnier. Been there with my own product and company. Being the first to market, I had staying power, they did not.

If Rad Power Bikes wanted to, they have the means to put Lectric out of business.
They have way more capital to purchase in bigger bulk. They could provide even better bikes for $899 if they wanted to and still make bigger margin than Lectric does.

hopefully, this creates a new era where people actually design/engineer eBikes and not just repaint the generic models from China.

I just got my bike about 90 minutes ago. I shot some unboxing video. Hope it helps. Also, I have no idea what the alanhex key is for? It seems to big for all the hex nuts that I needed to tighten up. I removed the battery to charge while I set the bike up and 2 screws fell out of the battery compartment, I have to hunt down where they might go. How to I attach video?

Allen key i was told fits the screws that secure the fenders and rack.
The screws might have come from the side of the battery near the contact end and lock mechanism. Someone on here posted that their bike's battery had a couple of screws fall out and others loose. Maybe i should check mine too?

I don't think the software for this forum will allow you to attach a video file directly. If you use Google Photo or Flickr or Vimeo or some other hosting site like that you may have some luck. Even Dropbox might work if you can create a shared link. In short, your best bet is to host the video on a server somewhere and then create or provide a sharable link.
Thank you for the info. I ended up going the youtube route. The videos are now on this forum.

Allen key i was told fits the screws that secure the fenders and rack.
The screws might have come from the side of the battery near the contact end and lock mechanism. Someone on here posted that their bike's battery had a couple of screws fall out and others loose. Maybe i should check mine too?
For sure check yours. I was not able to find where the 2 screws I found went. I took it on a short ride to make sure everything worked and it did. The only thing so far is the front break rubs. I guess the break needs adjusting, something I do not know how to do. I guess I'll find a bike guy here in the city. What do you think a break adj will cost?

Has anyone verified the folded dimensions of the bike? I'm familiar with what Lectric states on the website, but I'm curious to see if anyone has verified that.

For sure check yours. I was not able to find where the 2 screws I found went. I took it on a short ride to make sure everything worked and it did. The only thing so far is the front break rubs. I guess the break needs adjusting, something I do not know how to do. I guess I'll find a bike guy here in the city. What do you think a break adj will cost?
Leaned to adjust mine on YouTube. Took longer to watch the video than adjust the brakes.

After receiving my first bike today, and going through the menu settings and reviewing recent past posts, it looks like new units arriving have some menu settings locked and not able to be changed. There have been several posts with individuals not being able to change wheel diameter. While I am ABLE to change other parameters, WHEEL DIAMETER CANNOT BE CHANGED.

I did read and other ebike forms that individuals have been grossly understating wheel diameter in order to obtain higher Max speeds. Perhaps this might be a reason why it is now locked down.

I also found a new default level in p15. P15 is now set for 40.0 volts and can't be changed, earlier bikes were set to 41.5 volts. Current limit, P14, is locked as well. I wanted to trim that down to 15 amps to keep the motor a little cooler.

In addition to some settings being locked down, New units are arriving with different latching mechanisms. The new latch sticks out 1-1/4" from the frame and has a 5/8" open throat from the frame. With the latch being so far away from the frame this is a potential catch point.

Your thought process is only half-correct.
You also have to consider this: If they are THAT unreliable + untrustworthy, Alibaba would simply not be worth $350 Billion today.
Because word would quickly spread, and no one would buy from them.

But my thought process isn't half-baked, it's thoroughly baked! lol

I never said anything about them being unreliable or untrustworthy. I said they don't have what we would call a legal system. I'm a fan of countries with legal systems. I'm old fashioned that way.

Edit: I realized later you were talking about Alibaba in general and not just a preorder for an ebike. Sure, I'd buy some incidental item from them like a bell or grips. Fat chance I'd do a preorder on something expensive though.

Last edited:
Speaking of Aliexpress, the Suntour seat post at $65. arrived in 10 day. Same as Amazon would have been at $112. Thanks Daceman 👍

Here are some of the mods I made to my black XP:

Front Rack.
Suntour SP12 NCX Suspension Seatpost.
Cygolite Front Light.
Bike Tail Light with Turn Signal - Wireless Remote.
Electric Horn.

Attachments

• 20190923_211718.jpg
    20190923_211718.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 561
  • 20190923_211547.jpg
    20190923_211547.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 464
  • 20190923_185317.jpg
    20190923_185317.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 577
  • 20190923_185040.jpg
    20190923_185040.jpg
    383 KB · Views: 481
  • 20190923_185122.jpg
    20190923_185122.jpg
    427.6 KB · Views: 453
  • 20190923_185139.jpg
    20190923_185139.jpg
    318.9 KB · Views: 470
  • 20190923_185111.jpg
    20190923_185111.jpg
    388.8 KB · Views: 461
Been riding my bike for a couple a weeks now, my skinny bony butt is really taking a beating on the seat, anybody know of a more conferrable bike seat? I already installed a Suntour bike seat post and it really made it a lot more conferrable ride, but still need more cushion.
This seat was voted in the top 10 in one of the bike sites also a quarter of the price here
C$ 16.57 30%OFF | Comfortable Shock Absorption Simple Bicycle Saddle Bike Seat for Woman Male Waterproof Leather Bicycle Seat

After receiving my first bike today, and going through the menu settings and reviewing recent past posts, it looks like new units arriving have some menu settings locked and not able to be changed. There have been several posts with individuals not being able to change wheel diameter. While I am ABLE to change other parameters, WHEEL DIAMETER CANNOT BE CHANGED.

I did read and other ebike forms that individuals have been grossly understating wheel diameter in order to obtain higher Max speeds. Perhaps this might be a reason why it is now locked down.

I also found a new default level in p15. P15 is now set for 40.0 volts and can't be changed, earlier bikes were set to 41.5 volts. Current limit, P14, is locked as well. I wanted to trim that down to 15 amps to keep the motor a little cooler.

In addition to some settings being locked down, New units are arriving with different latching mechanisms. The new latch sticks out 1-1/4" from the frame and has a 5/8" open throat from the frame. With the latch being so far away from the frame this is a potential catch point.

That concerns me just a tad. IMO, It's not their responsibility to lock any of those settings. Legally they should only have to ship the bike on its default settings to be covered. It should be up to the owner on changing any of those settings. Maybe they are getting lots of calls on people screwing up certain settings and they are trying to avoid getting them but if thats the case, that is the absolute wrong way to do it.

That concerns me just a tad. IMO, It's not their responsibility to lock any of those settings. Legally they should only have to ship the bike on its default settings to be covered. It should be up to the owner on changing any of those settings. Maybe they are getting lots of calls on people screwing up certain settings and they are trying to avoid getting them but if thats the case, that is the absolute wrong way to do it.
I'm kinda torn on it. I know I'll personally fkk up the settings by accident, so I'm glad they are locking some of them down... But I understand the tech geeks that want to dive deeper into the software...

One of 2 bikes showed up today.
I have to commend them on the packaging; lots of it.
Charged the battery. Went through the bike making sure everything was tight.
Blue Loktite on the pedals as suggested.
I found it best to put the handlebars in the post before standing the post and locking it in place.
There was not enough length in the cable to do it any other way. You still have to fanagle the front wheel in the right position to give the most slack in the cable.
The derailleur guard was completly pressed against the derailleur. Used a screwdriver to pry/bend it away.
One small ding on the frame.
Be sure to have a hold of the battery when you remove the key to take out the battery. If not it will fall out and hit the ground. Almost happened to me; lesson learned.
Below are a few pics.
Folded with packaging removed
Derailleur guard bent in
How I plan on locking it (Schlage 1/2'' chain, kryptonite 6' cable and an American shackle guard lock) of course I will be locking it TO something as well.

Attachments

• DSCN9486 (1280x960).jpg
    DSCN9486 (1280x960).jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 425
  • DSCN9490 (1280x960).jpg
    DSCN9490 (1280x960).jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 384
  • DSCN9491 (1280x960).jpg
    DSCN9491 (1280x960).jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 404
I don't think that's the case here.
Do you think they have time to reprogram every bike when they can't keep up with shipping on time?
Like the the lights or now latches , controller in the bike can be different.

Back