Lectric XP

The only thing I have found the Allen key to fit is the rear fender and rack screws.. I ordered one of the pocket sets to have the ones that fit the brakes, etc.

I got my bike a couple of days ago and finally got somewhere where I could set it up and go for a ride. The bike feels solid and I like it. What stands out from my first ride is the sensation of speed. Fun stuff. And then there's the seat. Whoa. Replacement seat order happens today.

And since talking about locks always goes well... :) I now know why nobody posts pics or even talks about their locking strategy. It's because they don't have one. lol Isn't this bike is a bugger to secure? My somewhat huge Abus u-lock (still in the package and probably going back) isn't going to work for me. I think I'll go with an Abus padlock https://www.amazon.com/ABUS-Granit-...eywords=abus+chain&qid=1569181261&s=hi&sr=1-9
and a chain. I'll get an ok quality chain for locking to the side of my motorhome so the bike doesn't grow legs and something good for locking to bike racks and what-have-you out in public.

Anybody have any suggestions for a chain?

I got my bike a couple of days ago and finally got somewhere where I could set it up and go for a ride. The bike feels solid and I like it. What stands out from my first ride is the sensation of speed. Fun stuff. And then there's the seat. Whoa. Replacement seat order happens today.

And since talking about locks always goes well... :) I now know why nobody posts pics or even talks about their locking strategy. It's because they don't have one. lol Isn't this bike is a bugger to secure? My somewhat huge Abus u-lock (still in the package and probably going back) isn't going to work for me. I think I'll go with an Abus padlock https://www.amazon.com/ABUS-Granit-...eywords=abus+chain&qid=1569181261&s=hi&sr=1-9
and a chain. I'll get an ok quality chain for locking to the side of my motorhome so the bike doesn't grow legs and something good for locking to bike racks and what-have-you out in public.

Abus 6' chain, it weighs a lot but for your application I think it would be the best

I wasn't trying to say lectric is ripping anyone off making a profit... nor was I saying the xp isn't a good value.
Just pointing out there's money to be made in ebikes...
around 6000 bikes sold lets just say 200.00 profit per bike , that's a pretty good return on investment. I can see why there are so many ebike startups.
Give away a few bikes to youtube stars take preorders....seems legit to me.
$1.2 million at $200. a bike is not much profit for the number of people involved and the overhead. If that continues long term, and I hope it does, it will grow into a nice company. Being one the the first to market in the folding bike class under $1,000, they deserve it. Others are just now entering the market and it will get very competitive where profits get skinnier. Been there with my own product and company. Being the first to market, I had staying power, they did not.

Abus 6' chain, it weighs a lot but for your application I think it would be the best

Good advice Old Biker, but the Abus chains are being difficult. They offer 2' (too short) and 6' (too heavy). I'm ordering the Abus lock and 39" Schlage chain and calling it good enough for now. I wonder if I could order the Abus sleeve separately and use it on the schlage chain...

Good advice Old Biker, but the Abus chains are being difficult. They offer 2' (too short) and 6' (too heavy). I'm ordering the Abus lock and 39" Schlage chain and calling it good enough for now. I wonder if I could order the Abus sleeve separately and use it on the schlage chain...
I understand the weight situation, but be aware also that the Schlage chain is not hardened, making it very easy to cut through with cable cutters.

Attachments

• C42BDA28-6C8A-4F7F-87B3-04862CE36101.jpeg
    C42BDA28-6C8A-4F7F-87B3-04862CE36101.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 377
Last edited:
I understand the weight situation, but be aware also that the Schlage chain is not hardened, making it very easy to cut through with cable cutters.

What? Someone on Amazon said it was and that there's a youtube video out there that shows a guy failing to get through it with boltcutters. I looked for the video and came up empty. I just placed the order. I'll cancel and either find proof that the chain isn't some toy or I'll find another. Thank you!

What? Someone on Amazon said it was and that there's a youtube video out there that shows a guy failing to get through it with boltcutters. I looked for the video and came up empty. I just placed the order. I'll cancel and either find proof that the chain isn't some toy or I'll find another. Thank you!
Just came to mind when I saw the lock you got:

Kryptonite New York Legend 1515 15mm Chain & New York Lock 15mm Bicycle Motorcycle Disc Lock https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07W44Y5H9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_V2-HDbDBD3TNH

So i bought a cart to tow behind my XP with our corgi in it. Problem is, he doesn’t want to go in it. I then took the wheels oof and put it by his bed/ food. Anytime I give him a treat I make him go in the cart to get it. So now he is used to going in it. Next I will put the wheels on and make him jump up into it. At some point I will attach it to my XP and slowly try to get him used to being in it while it moves slowly. Hoping someday to be able to tow him behind me. We’ll see

Well I'm pretty married to the Abus lock (shown @ the 43 second mark in your video Hutchentoot). It seems to be the lock that others are measured against, which is why he's showing it even when talking about a different lock. It's the gold standard. I'm thinking when a thief sees that he's inclined to look for another bike to steal and I think it's a good investment at $90. Plus I've got another use for it down the road.

Btw, I'm a big fan of the LockPickingLawyer - I've killed a few hours watching his stuff. In one of his videos he breaks the jaws on a hydaulic boltcutter trying to get through a NY lock. Impressive!

I'd rather not use a chain with Schlage written on it but between cost and weight I might not have a choice, and when I find something better I can still use the lock.

Old Biker - I've watched some of his videos too and I'm about to watch more.

Zoom - but the name! Foldylock? I want to scare thieves away, not become their friend. :) Seriously bad psychology imho.

I'm doing more research. Thank you all!

Well I'm pretty married to the Abus lock (shown @ the 43 second mark in your video Hutchentoot). It seems to be the lock that others are measured against, which is why he's showing it even when talking about a different lock. It's the gold standard. I'm thinking when a thief sees that he's inclined to look for another bike to steal and I think it's a good investment at $90. Plus I've got another use for it down the road.

Btw, I'm a big fan of the LockPickingLawyer - I've killed a few hours watching his stuff. In one of his videos he breaks the jaws on a hydaulic boltcutter trying to get through a NY lock. Impressive!

I'd rather not use a chain with Schlage written on it but between cost and weight I might not have a choice, and when I find something better I can still use the lock.

Zoom - but the name! Foldylock? I want to scare thieves away, not become their friend. :) Seriously bad psychology imho.

Lockpick lawyer picks everything. He had the toughest time with the one I'm going with.

I can't find any definitive info on the Schlage, just people going ohhh and ahhh on Amazon because the chain feels beefy so they think it must be strong.

I ordered it. It will be fine for locking the bike next to the motorhome and it will give me a way to test whether or not the 2' Abus would be enough for bikeracks. I doubt it though. Why don't they made a 3' or 3 1/2' model? It's not like they'd have to redesign anything, it's just how many links to include.

😂

Happy we have a bike worth locking .

Been riding my bike for a couple a weeks now, my skinny bony butt is really taking a beating on the seat, anybody know of a more conferrable bike seat? I already installed a Suntour bike seat post and it really made it a lot more conferrable ride, but still need more cushion.

Been riding my bike for a couple a weeks now, my skinny bony butt is really taking a beating on the seat, anybody know of a more conferrable bike seat? I already installed a Suntour bike seat post and it really made it a lot more conferrable ride, but still need more cushion.

I think part of the deal is to getting used to it. If you have not been riding for significant time period, the tissues around hip bones gets tired and beat up easily.
I started biking earlier this year after few years of break. I had same problem. I had used some gel seat (similar to the one below) for couple of months and it helped.

However after the few months when my hip bone tissues got stronger I did not enjoy it that much and looking for something stiffer seat.

Back