Lectric XP

From my viewpoint, I would like to see Lectric succeed in case I ever need any support. In order to succeed they have to make a profit. Everyone wants the most they can get for the least amount possible, but a balance is necessary.

I have ordered lots of little items from AliExpress, but never would expect any real support for anything I purchased there. If the item works, great, otherwise I am out a few dollars and throw it away. It’s not like I am shipping it back to China!

At least with Lectric I feel like someone would at least try to help me if there was an issue. It is in their interest (as well as their supplier’s interest) to keep people happy.

At least with Lectric I feel like someone would at least try to help me if there was an issue. It is in their interest (as well as their supplier’s interest) to keep people happy.

Exactly. I don't know when it started but somehow people seem to have gotten the idea that commerce is a zero-sum game. IT'S NOT A ZERO SUM GAME. 'The other guy' can make a profit, and by making a profit he'll be around for awhile and that's a good thing. I hope Brent & Levi and company earn a good living and remember who their friends are, namely me. lol

I too want them to succeed and do well but maybe not TOO well...if they make too much money they may just retire due to being overworked and tired! When reading through the posts it appears from Lectric's answers to posters that they are working night, day, weekends, and holidays so maybe some of the people waiting should cancel their orders to give Lectric a break :p. ( so far the bikes are worth waiting for though )

I'm usually cynical and I've had a long day so I've got extra negative crappola looking for a place to fester but I'm thinking this forum is about to slide downhill in a big way. :) Ebikes will continue to drop in price. That's a given. Maybe you should wait to buy one. Maybe you should take your chances and buy one directly from China and did I say take your chances? lol

Lectric is showing all the signs of becoming a name brand and they're selling a very good bike for about 2/3 the cost of a Radpower bike. If you wait prices will be lower. If you wait there will be more features. If you wait I'll be fit and you won't. :)

I wasn't trying to say lectric is ripping anyone off making a profit... nor was I saying the xp isn't a good value.
Just pointing out there's money to be made in ebikes...
around 6000 bikes sold lets just say 200.00 profit per bike , that's a pretty good return on investment. I can see why there are so many ebike startups.
Give away a few bikes to youtube stars take preorders....seems legit to me.

Problem is it would be difficult to nail down exactly what you are buying. I was looking at some of the offerings and the descriptions are all over the place. The title may say 750 or 500 watts and in the specs it will list 350 watts. Tire size same thing 26 inch in one place and 20 in another.

Ever since @Darceman introduced me to Aliexpress, I waste about half an hour daily shopping/window shopping on that website.
Here is what I found recently. Very similar to XP, slightly cheaper, plus added front suspension, USB port, remote control start, stylish spokes and available in Orange.
Looks like the $574.00 price is for the parts. The Bike itself looks like it's $862.00

Looks like the $574.00 price is for the parts. The Bike itself looks like it's $862.00

The ad is very difficult to decipher, but I believe there is a 350W bike that carries the $574.74 price tag. The 500W bikes seem to sell for $862. Or so I think....

want more fun see what lectric pays for a bike like the ones we are buying from them.... https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...galleryofferlist.normalList.91.78d41559Ew1D5A

As a person who used to own a TaoTao 62cc scooter, your almost certainly going to have Km and KPH instead of miles and mph. I hated that crap on my scooter. No offense to those that use it but I'm not one of those that do. As Kev Central said in his video of his prototype, It's annoying enough to make you want to buy one that has Miles and MPH instead.

Somebody else got their new bike, two things I like about the video are the seat is at the proper height and the laughter as they are finding out how fun these bikes can be.

I have a question about battery. As I understand the key needs to be remain inserted in battery for it to lock in place and for engine to start.
So does it mean if you take your key out it means battery is not locked to the frame? If true then a thief can possibly just slide out the battery when its parked. It seems so counter intuitive.

I have a question about battery. As I understand the key needs to be remain inserted in battery for it to lock in place and for engine to start.
So does it mean if you take your key out it means battery is not locked to the frame? If true then a thief can possibly just slide out the battery when its parked. It seems so counter intuitive.
The battery is always locked into the frame. You have to push the key in and turn it to disarm the lock then you remove the key to pull out the battery. One of the reasons I like this bike is that the battery is hidden and locked into the frame and protected from the weather and thieves.

The battery lock has 3 positions.
1- Battery off and locked into frame, key is removable.
2- Battery off, unlocked and key is removable. This position you use to remove the battery.
3- Battery on, locked, and key is not removable in this position.

Ever since @Darceman introduced me to Aliexpress, I waste about half an hour daily shopping/window shopping on that website.
Here is what I found recently. Very similar to XP, slightly cheaper, plus added front suspension, USB port, remote control start, stylish spokes and available in Orange.
The black bike showed front suspension where the orange bike shows straight forks? Who do you call if a bike arrives with straight forks when you thought you were getting suspension forks? Delivery by Nov. 29, I can just hear the whining and crying now. 😂

Last edited:
The ad is very difficult to decipher, but I believe there is a 350W bike that carries the $574.74 price tag. The 500W bikes seem to sell for $862. Or so I think....
You need to click on the boxes, the price remains at $862.00 for all of the boxes that correspond to bikes. If you add the the box with the battery to your cart it will show up as $574.00 and the color will be *extra parts

The black bike showed front suspension where the orange bike shows straight forks? Who do you call if a bike arrives with straight forks when you thought you were getting suspension forks? Delivery by Nov. 29, I can just hear the whining and crying now. 😂
As far as I can see all bikes have suspension there. Regarding delivery, everything I have ordered from aliexpress arrived within 3 weeks even though they gave timelines like 30-50 days. So I have all the accessories but no bike to put it on.

Its not that I am endorsing that aliexpress ebike. The reviews even looks shady to me, for example, they all have posted within 12 hour timeline. Coincident? Unlikely.

I am just concluding that with all these new manufacturer popping out, there will eventually be good competition on great e-bikes under $1000, as long as demand does not drop. I am noticing more and more ebikes in my neighborhood lately. So, I guess demand wont be the problem.

So Aliexpress is owned by Alibaba, a Chinese company operating out of China? A nation without what we in the west would call a legal system? And people are going to trust these folks with advance payment on an expensive item? What could go wrong? I think Darwin will have a little fun with this.

Troubling though is the long term. Are we in the process of cutting out the middleman? Instead of US companies getting supplied by China, the "new and improved" way is for us to deal with Chinese companies directly? Hmmm. Just speaking for myself, I don't think I'm going to like this phase.

So Aliexpress is owned by Alibaba, a Chinese company operating out of China? A nation without what we in the west would call a legal system? And people are going to trust these folks with advance payment on an expensive item? What could go wrong? I think Darwin will have a little fun with this.

Troubling though is the long term. Are we in the process of cutting out the middleman? Instead of US companies getting supplied by China, the "new and improved" way is for us to deal with Chinese companies directly? Hmmm. Just speaking for myself, I don't think I'm going to like this phase.
Everything has its downside. I'm taking this bike to a local bike shop for initial tune up. So, some money is going in locally. Just think of all the bikes sold from China (directly or indirectly) all the maintenance done from local bike shops. That takes the sting out of it for me. But, I get what you're saying.

In the box with the charger was an Allen key and a 14/15mm wrench. The wrench is obvious but what is the Allen key for? I have needed an Allen key to adjust the straightness of the handlebars (thanks to the person that explained how it is done) and adjust the position of the Up/Down/Mode switch and neither time was the allen wrench the correct size. I have all the tools I need in my tool chests but don't want to throw that one out if it turns out to be something that I should carry with me at all times.

In the box with the charger was an Allen key and a 14/15mm wrench. The wrench is obvious but what is the Allen key for? I have needed an Allen key to adjust the straightness of the handlebars (thanks to the person that explained how it is done) and adjust the position of the Up/Down/Mode switch and neither time was the allen wrench the correct size. I have all the tools I need in my tool chests but don't want to throw that one out if it turns out to be something that I should carry with me at all times.

On mine the allen key fits the fender support brackets and not much (if anything) else.

Back