Lectric XP

It is a big problem as I see it now with trying to get the wheel back on in my garage with tools galore. It took a rubber mallet with some good whacks to get it off. It will not just pull off. I still have not found a tool or combination that will even get the wheel back on. I noticed KevCentral mentioned this in his video when he change the gears, and he wasn't kidding. Once figured out, what is going to work for a trail repair?
I think I read someplace Lectric were going to make a video of fixing a rear flat tire. This should be interesting. You have to know they are reading this. If they have sent out thousands of bikes with a hub that does not fit in the frame. That could be a problem!

The fat tires when deflated hits the inside of the frame just like having the brakes on. I have black marks on the inside of the frame just pushing to the other side the garage. Finally picked it up and rolled it on the front tire.
In an emergency an old trick is to pop one side of the bead off and stuff the tire with grass so it will hold its shape. Pop the bead back on and you should be able to push it home. It might work.

Nice video and thanks. But no reason someone should have to reset a frame on a brand new bike because a tube had to be changed. From other reports there seems to be a manufacturing correction that needs to be made.

The quick patch is the same we use to do as kids. Only time we took a tire down is if we popped a tube. Thanks for the memories and sharing with others.

Last edited:
For those that asked how far the wheel was off from the frame, the same person that did the FB post with dimensions also posted a photo. As you can see by the orange line, it off about a 1/4 of inch

1567960495651.png

Here is a copy and paste post from FB from a person that had the same problem. He is saying the same thing you are.
The bike's rear dropout spacing is 175MM. The rear hub motor, which I'm assuming is a Bafang, has different sizes of dropout spacing to accommodate frame styles, tire sizes, etc. 175mm is one of the sizes Bafang makes available to e bike builders. The problem I think happened is that a hub motor with a 190mm spacing was used. Don't know why this wasn't reported during assembly.
I tried all of my weight on it this morning, it will not budge. Between both of you, you two have hit the problem on the head.

15mm = 0.590551 inch
Is the motor really 5/8'' wider than the frame? I don't think so.

Never assume the manufacturer assembled it correctly. The torque washer is there to keep the axle from rotating and can function on either side of the frame. Getting the correct spacing between the hub and the frame is important. Shims or washers are your friend.

The article I attached explains it better that I can. Hope this helps.

it looks like you have the outer washer in the wrong order. I think it goes on after seating the axle.

Thanks for the link. That is a copied photo, not mine. I took pictures of both sides with my phone and "trying" to put it back together they way it came apart. If it makes no difference which side the slotted washer is on, then it would fit. Factory had it on the inside. I have another bike I can double check with.

What matters is the fit of the hub between the frame. Too tight will put a load on the hub and frame. Too loose can cause other problems. The torque washer can sit on either side of the frame as long as the tooth engages fully into the dropout.

it looks like you have the outer washer in the wrong order. I think it goes on after seating the axle.

Thank you so much for your help, it is greatly appreciated. I just double and triple checked my phone photos and the torque washer is on the inside. I also took a photo of the axle as I popped it out the dropout showing the location of each washer. Interesting that the torque washer can be installed on either side as they showed in your link. You can see in this photo the order from the factory.

Just checked the bike again.....maybe I found the problem, I have the tang on the bottom instead of the top. I hope that is the problem. It is amazing how many time you can look at something and think it right, look for the 15th time and see it different. The ideas here were fantastic and had me looking again.....thank you!!

Attachments

• 2019-09-07 12.23.23.jpg
    2019-09-07 12.23.23.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 554
Last edited:
Back