Lectric XP

Anyone found any tricks for replacing the rear wheel. I can get it 1/2 way down the slot but can't get it to seat. Screwdriver between the wheel and frame didn't work, Dowel method almost worked and may try it again in the morning. Getting the rear wheel to line up is terrible!!! I am missing something, just can't figure out what and it is probably something simple.

If your thinking about changing tires, think real carefully if you really want to do that.

Anyone found any tricks for replacing the rear wheel. I can get it 1/2 way down the slot but can't get it to seat. Screwdriver between the wheel and frame didn't work, Dowel method almost worked and may try it again in the morning. Getting the rear wheel to line up is terrible!!! I am missing something, just can't figure out what and it is probably something simple.

If your thinking about changing tires, think real carefully if you really want to do that.
I believe there are torque washers on the axle that need to be lined up to the slots on the frame. Are those lined up?

A little bit about the tires everyone has been so concerned with. The tires are a little light, but not much different than other tires. I believe popping the tube was my fault putting the slime in when I re-aired them. The side beads are on the stiff side and I believe one side did not seat and I blew the tube out. This time I put the tire in the sun to warm it up and it seated just fine. The tires were brand new before and had no flex and I didn't check close enough.
The OEM tube, which is also a CST, is much thicker than the Mongoose replacement I purchased. Popping the tube I believe was user error.
Now if I can just get the rear wheel back on. 😊 That thing is a b--ch.

I believe there are torque washers on the axle that need to be lined up to the slots on the frame. Are those lined up?
Thank you, yes they are, I have the axle and the slotted washer 1/2 way down the frame slot, I just can't get it the rest of the way down and seated.

Really need a new thread for shipping troubles. I would like to learn about the bikes not about the shipping troubles
I think we all have realized that the bikes haven't been arriving as we would have liked....but I would agree it's been beaten to death here. Lectric is coming through with their product "Whew" it's just later than all have us would have liked. Including Lectric.. I'm sure there worn out dealing with this mass amount of orders. People are buying them and their product is proving to be even better than expected. I think at this point if your order is beyond the delayed time it's best to deal with deal Lectric via email. They have been very good at answering back. The positive info and tips and ideas we have been benefiting from on this forum has been invaluable. Thank you to all that have been contributing.

Just installed x large chunky grips..
Going for a ride soon.Will give report when back.
Couple of thoughts....the grips do help with vibration a lot and fit nicely. I cut them with a hacksaw to length and installed with a little Palmolive soap. The Suntour suspension seat post makes a huge difference. Two things though. It takes getting used too and needs to be fine tuned in order to get the greatest benefit from it. When you receive it will be set at minimum which is 10mms of thread showing. From there you can tighten clock wise 3 turns. I weigh 205lbs so I tightened 3 turns and then went down a bumpy trail and continued too loosen until it felt like it wasn't topping out when I moved up and down from the bumps. After a few times stopping and losening it 1/4 turn at a time it feels like its floating over all the little and medium bumps.
What a massive difference I don't even notice the seat moving over the bumps now.
I rode 25 km today on mostly the number 2 pos level but on "class 3 setting" and still have almost 5/8 of the battery left. That's 15 miles which means I should be able to do 30 miles riding like today on a charge. That's great in my view..👍

Darn it Darceman you have just parted me and my money.
Thank you for the ride report!
Bob
Couple of thoughts....the grips do help with vibration a lot and fit nicely. I cut them with a hacksaw to length and installed with a little Palmolive soap. The Suntour suspension seat post makes a huge difference. Two things though. It takes getting used too and needs to be fine tuned in order to get the greatest benefit from it. When you receive it will be set at minimum which is 10mms of thread showing. From there you can tighten clock wise 3 turns. I weigh 205lbs so I tightened 3 turns and then went down a bumpy trail and continued too loosen until it felt like it wasn't topping out when I moved up and down from the bumps. After a few times stopping and losening it 1/4 turn at a time it feels like its floating over all the little and medium bumps.
What a massive difference I don't even notice the seat moving over the bumps now.
I rode 25 km today on mostly the number 2 pos level but on "class 3 setting" and still have almost 5/8 of the battery left. That's 15 miles which means I should be able to do 30 miles riding like today on a charge. That's great in my view..👍

Been reading the posts here since it was 4 pages old. Signed up today and patiently waiting on my bike to ship (ordered 7-30 #334x). I will try to add some insight from working with freight shipping in the past. People will get an email with a tracking number when they enter the info for shipping into FedEx's system. There will be a delay between the label creation and actual movement of the shipment. First delay could be the time it takes from filling a truck and a trucking company getting a driver scheduled to pick up the trailer and take to the FedEx terminal. Another delay comes when the trucking company has to get an appointment to unload at FedEx.It wont show up as moving until FedEx scans the label when unloading at the dock. Even then it can be a few hours until the system is updated. You may get updates as the package makes stops along the way or sometimes nothing till after it is delivered.

I liked the suggestion here for people to include the order number when they get news or delivery of their shipment. I know I have a ways to go before mine is shipped. I do wish that Lectric would feed us a little more info as they have it.. I never received an acknowledgement of my order except from Paypal where I noticed the next day that I had ordered white when I wanted black. I emailed the company and got a reply early the next morning that they had found my order, told me the order #, and thanked me and said they would " put a note on the order to ship a black bike instead of white" I was really hoping that they would actually change the order as notes get overlooked often on repetitive shipments like these are. That was the only communication I have had besides the same info that everyone gets once a month or so when they sign up when first visiting the website.

It would be nice to get some real updates from the company. My bike was promised to ship early Sept. and the update a few weeks ago said that batch would start shipping the second week of Sept. That could be tomorrow or next Saturday and then each batch (how many is in a batch?) would take 7-10 days to process. Their vague info means they are on schedule whether I get my bike in the next week or two, or it does not even get into FedEx's hands until next month.

Really need a new thread for shipping troubles. I would like to learn about the bikes not about the shipping troubles

I've been trying to get a forum dedicated to Lectric Bikes but have not had any luck getting someone to respond to me. Will keep trying. You can, if you wish, start a new thread yourself under this same "Other Brands" forum and then share a link to invite people over to that thread.

Hello Folks,

New to this forum.
I ordered my Lectric XP last July 4th ( 2321). I received the shipping label number on August 27th. It's now left Fedex and showing a delivery date of September 12th. Finallly. Will upload pics soon.
Good to hear... I’m right behind you. July 4th (233x). Unfortunately the way the shipping process is going I don’t think dates or order numbers mean much.

Well my bike is at home, it's been sitting at the shipping office in Blaine WA while I have been trying to get in touch with Lectric. As some might remember I received 2 bikes instead of one and have tried to phone Lectric but I guess their phone is not working since they are moving and they are so busy even getting an answer through e-mails is about as fast as old style snail mail. The shipping office has let me leave the one bike in their warehouse until Lectric sends me a shipping label so after 2 months for shipping and 4 days of waiting I finally have my new toy. Like everyone has said they are quite impressive in person, bigger than I thought even though the tires are only 20". I checked out all of the fasteners and both my pedals were loose (not even hand tight) but everything else proved shipshape. I did have to adjust my brakes, bend out the derailleur guard and like some have mentioned the charging port cap will need to be fiddled with since it is smaller than the hole. The brakes are nothing to get exited about but do the job and I am quite pleased with the grip of the pedals so probably won't change them out. I like the grips but will have to buy a end mirror since the shape of the grips won't let me use my current mirror. No complaints about the panniers, the price was right but I will be gifting them since I have much better ones already. The display is bright and legible and I'm assuming the backlight comes on with the headlight and my bike came with the 5 pas setting enabled but the speed cuts out at 20 mph so will be changing that. Other things to note are mine has steel fenders, the 52 tooth chainwheel, I found the seat to be comfortable and the tires were flat coming out of the box so if you are picking up your bike and are planning to ride it right away be sure to bring a pump. I haven't checked to see if it will fit yet but plan to move my suspension seatpost to this bike and will be keeping my fingers crossed that Sunday will be dry so I can get out and ride since we had a thunderstorm and light rain on Saturday afternoon. Here's the first pic of my bike, not a great photo but at least it's proof that I have it!

Attachments

• lectric peace arch.jpg
    lectric peace arch.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 400
Well my bike is at home, it's been sitting at the shipping office in Blaine WA while I have been trying to get in touch with Lectric. As some might remember I received 2 bikes instead of one and have tried to phone Lectric but I guess their phone is not working since they are moving and they are so busy even getting an answer through e-mails is about as fast as old style snail mail. The shipping office has let me leave the one bike in their warehouse until Lectric sends me a shipping label so after 2 months for shipping and 4 days of waiting I finally have my new toy. Like everyone has said they are quite impressive in person, bigger than I thought even though the tires are only 20". I checked out all of the fasteners and both my pedals were loose (not even hand tight) but everything else proved shipshape. I did have to adjust my brakes, bend out the derailleur guard and like some have mentioned the charging port cap will need to be fiddled with since it is smaller than the hole. The brakes are nothing to get exited about but do the job and I am quite pleased with the grip of the pedals so probably won't change them out. I like the grips but will have to buy a end mirror since the shape of the grips won't let me use my current mirror. No complaints about the panniers, the price was right but I will be gifting them since I have much better ones already. The display is bright and legible and I'm assuming the backlight comes on with the headlight and my bike came with the 5 pas setting enabled but the speed cuts out at 20 mph so will be changing that. Other things to note are mine has steel fenders, the 52 tooth chainwheel, I found the seat to be comfortable and the tires were flat coming out of the box so if you are picking up your bike and are planning to ride it right away be sure to bring a pump. I haven't checked to see if it will fit yet but plan to move my suspension seatpost to this bike and will be keeping my fingers crossed that Sunday will be dry so I can get out and ride since we had a thunderstorm and light rain on Saturday afternoon. Here's the first pic of my bike, not a great photo but at least it's proof that I have it!
Noooiiccee!

They should just send you a shipping label so you can send it directly to somebody else who's waiting

A little bit about the tires everyone has been so concerned with. The tires are a little light, but not much different than other tires. I believe popping the tube was my fault putting the slime in when I re-aired them. The side beads are on the stiff side and I believe one side did not seat and I blew the tube out. This time I put the tire in the sun to warm it up and it seated just fine. The tires were brand new before and had no flex and I didn't check close enough.
The OEM tube, which is also a CST, is much thicker than the Mongoose replacement I purchased. Popping the tube I believe was user error.
Now if I can just get the rear wheel back on. 😊 That thing is a b--ch.
Once I got my wheel to that point, i got behind the bike and spread the frame apart, and it dropped in. Be sure the flats on the threaded axel and the washers with the little nub are lined up to the dropouts. A second person might help.

Been reading the posts here since it was 4 pages old. Signed up today and patiently waiting on my bike to ship (ordered 7-30 #334x). I will try to add some insight from working with freight shipping in the past. People will get an email with a tracking number when they enter the info for shipping into FedEx's system. There will be a delay between the label creation and actual movement of the shipment. First delay could be the time it takes from filling a truck and a trucking company getting a driver scheduled to pick up the trailer and take to the FedEx terminal. Another delay comes when the trucking company has to get an appointment to unload at FedEx.It wont show up as moving until FedEx scans the label when unloading at the dock. Even then it can be a few hours until the system is updated. You may get updates as the package makes stops along the way or sometimes nothing till after it is delivered.

I liked the suggestion here for people to include the order number when they get news or delivery of their shipment. I know I have a ways to go before mine is shipped. I do wish that Lectric would feed us a little more info as they have it.. I never received an acknowledgement of my order except from Paypal where I noticed the next day that I had ordered white when I wanted black. I emailed the company and got a reply early the next morning that they had found my order, told me the order #, and thanked me and said they would " put a note on the order to ship a black bike instead of white" I was really hoping that they would actually change the order as notes get overlooked often on repetitive shipments like these are. That was the only communication I have had besides the same info that everyone gets once a month or so when they sign up when first visiting the website.

It would be nice to get some real updates from the company. My bike was promised to ship early Sept. and the update a few weeks ago said that batch would start shipping the second week of Sept. That could be tomorrow or next Saturday and then each batch (how many is in a batch?) would take 7-10 days to process. Their vague info means they are on schedule whether I get my bike in the next week or two, or it does not even get into FedEx's hands until next month.
If Lectric is using the "freight" method of getting bikes to FedEx they sure as hell need to explain that to people. Most purchasers are use to the daily pickup method and do not understand the freight method. I used the daily pickup method for years, it works. Everybody is use to the Amazon method, send an order tracking email and it's on it's way, not creating shipping labels with tracking numbers a week in advance leaving people in the dark thinking that is the day they are going to receive their bikes. Lectric is doing a lot of damage to themselves not communicating. They have a nice Facebook and website page.... use it to communicate order progress and how their system works, not just sell more bikes.

From a review I did on how great the bikes are on an RV forum, alot of bikes were sold. Several have expressed displeasure with me and I don't blame them. I don't know what to tell them other than what I read here as Lectric won't communicate. I was waiting until after this shipment to say anything on my previous review, but to be fair to everybody, I am going to have to let them know how long of a wait to expect as that has been proven on the last two order groups. Great bike, loooong wait to get one.

Question, did the factory grips slide off or did they need to be cut off? Great idea as the OEM grips get a little stiff on longer rides.

Once I got my wheel to that point, i got behind the bike and spread the frame apart, and it dropped in. Be sure the flats on the threaded axel and the washers with the little nub are lined up to the dropouts. A second person might help.
THANK YOU!!! I have checked washer alignment so many time my eyes were getting blurry. It is down to brute strength now. I was going to use your reverse clamp method, but none of the ones I have have are tall enough using the clamps in reverse to hit the frame. I hope they come up with something a lot easier to change a simple tire! For a fact, you are not going to be able to fix a flat on the road for a rear wheel. The bike will not roll with a flat, with all the weight on the rear, to push it home

Back