Lectric XP

Once I got my wheel to that point, i got behind the bike and spread the frame apart, and it dropped in. Be sure the flats on the threaded axel and the washers with the little nub are lined up to the dropouts. A second person might help.
How much space are we talking about here?
A couple of mm might just be too much paint on inside of dropout.
A cm or more probably indicates they used the wrong frame for the hub (or the wrong hub for the frame).
This would not be good. That is unnecessary, and perhaps damaging, stress on the frame (and hub).

THANK YOU!!! I have checked washer alignment so many time my eyes were getting blurry. It is down to brute strength now. I was going to use your reverse clamp method, but none of the ones I have have are tall enough using the clamps in reverse to hit the frame. I hope they come up with something a lot easier to change a simple tire! For a fact, you are not going to be able to fix a flat on the road for a rear wheel. The bike will not roll with a flat, with all the weight on the rear, to push it home
I wonder if you could walk it home using the throttle (not walk mode since that is probably too fast)?

Can you tie one side of the frame to an imovable object, then pull on the other side, either by hand or winch?

Perhaps a piece of wood (with notches on the ends) could be cut just wider than the spread of the frame. Wedge it into place through the spokes to seat/unseat the rear wheel? Small enough to carry in the repair kit...

I don’t have a bike yet to test, but I have used this technique often when needing to spread metal frames in patio furniture webbing installation.

Perhaps a piece of wood (with notches on the ends) could be cut just wider than the spread of the frame. Wedge it into place through the spokes to seat/unseat the rear wheel? Small enough to carry in the repair kit...

I don’t have a bike yet to test, but I have used this technique often when needing to spread metal frames in patio furniture webbing installation.
Thanks, I tried this with a piece of dowel yesterday and need to cut a longer piece today and try it. Problem with that method for a road fix is a stout hammer needs to be carried to hammer the wood into place, the frame is strong!

I wonder if you could walk it home using the throttle (not walk mode since that is probably too fast)?

Can you tie one side of the frame to an imovable object, then pull on the other side, either by hand or winch?
The fat tires when deflated hits the inside of the frame just like having the brakes on. I have black marks on the inside of the frame just pushing to the other side the garage. Finally picked it up and rolled it on the front tire.

Last edited:
This is depressing. A rear tire flat isn't fixable on the road and it isn't possible to walk the bike home with a flat? That could prove to be interesting if one were exploring a forest trail somewhere and gets a flat miles from camp. Can't carry it back.

Last edited:
Part of my first email to Lectric and their response

Hey Frank,

Thank you for your message. We are thrilled you have an interest in the bike! Our XP bike has a range between 25-50 miles off of a single charge! The tires on our XP bike are pretty easy to change and there is only one more step than a normal bike would have! This step requires you to disconnect the motor with a quick-release plug found near the rear axle of the bike and then you are all set to change the tire :)

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I'd be happy to help :)

Thank you,
Abbie

How much space are we talking about here?
A couple of mm might just be too much paint on inside of dropout.
A cm or more probably indicates they used the wrong frame for the hub (or the wrong hub for the frame).
This would not be good. That is unnecessary, and perhaps damaging, stress on the frame (and hub).
Here is a copy and paste post from FB from a person that had the same problem. He is saying the same thing you are.
The bike's rear dropout spacing is 175MM. The rear hub motor, which I'm assuming is a Bafang, has different sizes of dropout spacing to accommodate frame styles, tire sizes, etc. 175mm is one of the sizes Bafang makes available to e bike builders. The problem I think happened is that a hub motor with a 190mm spacing was used. Don't know why this wasn't reported during assembly.
I tried all of my weight on it this morning, it will not budge. Between both of you, you two have hit the problem on the head.

This is depressing. A rear tire flat isn't fixable on the road and it isn't possible to walk the bike home with a flat? That could prove to be interesting if one were exploring a forest trail somewhere and gets a flat miles from camp. Can't carry it back.
It is a big problem as I see it now with trying to get the wheel back on in my garage with tools galore. It took a rubber mallet with some good whacks to get it off. It will not just pull off. I still have not found a tool or combination that will even get the wheel back on. I noticed KevCentral mentioned this in his video when he change the gears, and he wasn't kidding. Once figured out, what is going to work for a trail repair?

I remember when watching the first Lectric ads they said the bike had a max 35 mph? But that seems to have changed probably due to regulations. But in another forum, someone said they put the PO18 to 110 and it goes 35 mph?
Anyone tried this? I’m more curious than planning to ride that fast if it did change it.

Part of my first email to Lectric and their response

Hey Frank,

Thank you for your message. We are thrilled you have an interest in the bike! Our XP bike has a range between 25-50 miles off of a single charge! The tires on our XP bike are pretty easy to change and there is only one more step than a normal bike would have! This step requires you to disconnect the motor with a quick-release plug found near the rear axle of the bike and then you are all set to change the tire :)

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I'd be happy to help :)

Thank you,
Abbie
😂 😂 😂 🤣 I called them Friday before I started, they said to use a large screwdriver between the frame and gear and it will drop right in. I wonder what brand of bike they worked on? I have had screwdrivers on both sides prying against the frame.

Here is a copy and paste post from FB from a person that had the same problem. He is saying the same thing you are.
The bike's rear dropout spacing is 175MM. The rear hub motor, which I'm assuming is a Bafang, has different sizes of dropout spacing to accommodate frame styles, tire sizes, etc. 175mm is one of the sizes Bafang makes available to e bike builders. The problem I think happened is that a hub motor with a 190mm spacing was used. Don't know why this wasn't reported during assembly.
I tried all of my weight on it this morning, it will not budge. Between both of you, you two have hit the problem on the head.
Wow 15 mm is a lot. Its not a Bafang motor or they wouldn't be affraid to tell us. Bafang is the gold standard. They refused to tell me who made this motor after asking a few times. Kept saying "we manufactered it" yeah right. In your little shop there in Arizona. Try putting a spare set of nuts on the axle and beat it in with hammer. Then remove those nuts and put on your nice ones. If you allready got it started and torque washers lined up it should go. Everyone else who gets a flat, don't remove wheel from frame, try to break bead on one side of tire, pull tube out, patch and replace. You can do this on the trail. Patch kit is 3 bucks. Good luck with that tire. Its gotta go back in you took it out.

15mm is .59 inches. That is more than just tight. So far the reversible clamp idea sounds the best to me and I might have to source one out and make sure I carry it with me.

😂 😂 😂 🤣 I called them Friday before I started, they said to use a large screwdriver between the frame and gear and it will drop right in. I wonder what brand of bike they worked on? I have had screwdrivers on both sides prying against the frame.
I also like the other guys idea about tying one half of frame to secure object then hooking winch to other half. You could probably even use ratcheting tie downs for this if you dont have a winch

I also like the other guys idea about tying one half of frame to secure object then hooking winch to other half. You could probably even use ratcheting tie downs for this if you dont have a winch
I dont know how to attatch youtube videos to this thread but if somone could go to youtube and post a video here it would save someones butt here who sees it. A good video is posted by a guy named Christopher Quest it's titled radrover fast tire repair. Make sure its the fast one cuz he has a video whete he removes the rear wheel and that is not an option for us

Tommy - just copy the address from the address bar while in youtube and paste into your post like any other text. Forum oddness though - the first time I tried that it didn't work. I tried a few days later and it did.
Damn that was fast. You dont happen to know the powerball numbers for Wednesday do yo?

Tommy - just copy the address from the address bar while in youtube and paste into your post like any other text. Forum oddness though - the first time I tried that it didn't work. I tried a few days later and it did.
I love how dude used rolled up socks under his grips so he wouldnt jack up the stuff on his handlebars

Back