Lectric XP

How is the fit with the torque washer on the outside? Don’t focus on how the factory assembled it. They may have spread the frame somehow to speed assembly. Work on getting a good fit without having to resort to bending the frame.

Thank you so much for your help, it is greatly appreciated. I just double and triple checked my phone photos and the torque washer is on the inside. I also took a photo of the axle as I popped it out the dropout showing the location of each washer. Interesting that the torque washer can be installed on either side as they showed in your link. You can see in this photo the order from the factory.

Just checked the bike again.....maybe I found the problem, I have the tang on the bottom instead of the top. I hope that is the problem. It is amazing how many time you can look at something and think it right, look for the 15th time and see it different. The ideas here were fantastic and had me looking again.....thank you!!

I hope it is that easy. It sounds like you found it since it started to go into the dropout.

Hi all,

So I hijacked the comment section on one of Court's latest reviews, and he has created a new Lectric eBike forum for us. If you look at the heading at the top of the page you'll see that this thread is now listed under Lectric eBikes Forum and not under Other Brands. You're also now free to create new threads under this forum to separate issues. Here is Court's full reply to me:

Hi Tom, no worries! I'm glad you reached out and have just made a Lectric eBikes forum for you. I also moved that thread for the Lectric XP that you identified. If there are any other threads to move, please let me know. Same goes for brands that should be added or bikes you'd like to see. You can always contact me through this page. Usually new brands are added to the EBR forums when we've reviewed one of their products. I'd love to review Lectric someday, so if know anyone at the company, have them reach out!

Hi all,

So I hijacked the comment section on one of Court's latest reviews, and he has created a new Lectric eBike forum for us. If you look at the heading at the top of the page you'll see that this thread is now listed under Lectric eBikes Forum and not under Other Brands. You're also now free to create new threads under this forum to separate issues. Here is Court's full reply to me:

Hi Tom, no worries! I'm glad you reached out and have just made a Lectric eBikes forum for you. I also moved that thread for the Lectric XP that you identified. If there are any other threads to move, please let me know. Same goes for brands that should be added or bikes you'd like to see. You can always contact me through this page. Usually new brands are added to the EBR forums when we've reviewed one of their products. I'd love to review Lectric someday, so if know anyone at the company, have them reach out!
Nicely done Mr poorplayer! Now people like me that want to know wtf (where-the-freak) their bike is at don't have to make the people that already have theirs buggy. And as everyone knows, the world doesn't need more buggy.

Here's your thread to discuss shipping issues:

Nicely done Mr poorplayer! Now people like me that want to know wtf (where-the-freak) their bike is at don't have to make the people that already have theirs buggy. And as everyone knows, the world doesn't need more buggy.
Im sorry is there now a thread dedicated to where is my bike? If so how do i get to it please

Hello everyone! I just posted a brief overview/review on youtube of the XP. If you want to check it out I would appreciate it. Just so you know I am a filmmaker and definitely NOT a reviewer 😂. Just wanted to have a little bit of fun shooting something different. Thanks in advance!

Very nice - thanks. I have been wavering over the weekend about looking into other options and cancelling my XP order, but these beauty shots whetted my appetite again. Back to patient waiting....

Im sorry is there now a thread dedicated to where is my bike? If so how do i get to it please
Click here;

So today was a very interesting day, I charged my battery fully and got everything ready to go and my bike would not work!!! Thanks to Snokid on p31 and Hovtech on p35 I managed to figure out that 2 of the 20 settings were off. The important one was #20 which is the "communication agreement" which I had somehow set to 1 and the default is 0. This was giving me a E-030 code and nothing except the display would work. After I figured this out I had another code, E-008 which turned out to be the wheel diameter. With this code everything worked except for the odo. I had changed this setting over to 22.2" as per the measurement posted by Bxg on p11 but it seemed to create a problem since I had also changed to kms instead of miles but it all worked out okay when I changed everything back to default and then changed one thing at a time and followed Darceman's advice on p31 to press both the up and down arrows to back out of the settings menu which saves your settings. After this I finally got to start my ride but 12 kms into the ride my pedal fell off! I could not put the pedal back on since threads were damaged so used throttle only to get back home, love that option! I re-tapped the threads and tightened it up using Loktite this time (on both pedals, the other one was still tight) and checked it a few times during my ride and it has stayed tight so far. After all of this my ride went pretty good but I will have to adjust the derailleur since the shifting is wonky and it sometimes shifts by itself or I have to go up and down a couple of times to find the gear I want. After a while I just stopped shifting and used the PAS settings and the throttle and had no trouble at all. The brakes now work better so I think they just needed to bed in a bit, maybe there was some crap from the factory that was interfering with how they are supposed to work? I had planned to ride until my battery died but only made it to 36kms when I ran out of time and had to quit. (this does not include my earlier 12kms, the 36 kms was starting out with a fresh battery) During this ride I used the throttle almost exclusively for starting and used mostly level 1&2 for the first part of the ride but went up to level 5 on some hills. When I saw that I was running out of time faster than I was running out of battery I started to use level 3 and after I got home I still had 4 bars left. Not very scientific for distance but if enough of us post our mileage we can get a pretty good idea of what to expect from these bikes. Other things I did today was install my mirror and add white reflective tape over the Lectric branding, both for side safety and to make the bike look a little less like an electric bike. One of the features that I like about this bike is the hidden battery since it is too easy to rip off a battery that is in the open on your frame, it also makes it look more like a folding bike and maybe not so much like an electric bike so maybe it won't be such a target for theft? One can always hope and dream! I also put 1/2" closed cell foam on the end of my battery which stopped the rattling on my bike. I tried to use the plastic piece from the packing box like Darceman did but couldn't get it into the frame with the battery, maybe our frames are a fraction of an inch different in size? The next things I added were my water bottle holder from Dollerama and my panniers. These panniers are tall enough to hold our battery and are completely waterproof as they are made of rubber and are built like the dry bags you use for kayaking or canoeing. These are the Rhinowalk 25L bags from Amazon and at $55 bucks are quite the steal (in my humble opinion). One other thing, my paint seems to be very poor quality and easily chips off whenever something hits it or even when I am locking it up with my rubber coated lock. Has anyone else noticed this?

Attachments

• bottle holder.jpg
    bottle holder.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 468
  • lectric flash.jpg
    lectric flash.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 459
  • lectric side.jpg
    lectric side.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 451
  • mirror.jpg
    mirror.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 499
  • pvc pannier.jpg
    pvc pannier.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 454
This appears to be our bike from another company but they want $1600 for it! Not enough parts different to make it worth the price. This is from YouTube, I tried to copy and post the URL but it didn't come out right, at least one can search for it if you want to see it.
E-Lux Sierra Video Review - $1.6k Powerful Folding Fat Ebike, Trigger Throttle, Fenders

Look at this bike, we are SO lucky to have bought a Lectric when you see what some of the competition is selling.
PRIDE 20” Fat Tire Electric Foldable Bicycle!Worst Unboxing:Riding it on soft sand and saltwater

Just came across a very similar ebike on Amazon, $999, in stock and free shipping, arriving between Sept 16 and 23rd.
Could probably order this and have it before my Aug 6th order, but I won't.

So today was a very interesting day, I charged my battery fully and got everything ready to go and my bike would not work!!! Thanks to Snokid on p31 and Hovtech on p35 I managed to figure out that 2 of the 20 settings were off. The important one was #20 which is the "communication agreement" which I had somehow set to 1 and the default is 0. This was giving me a E-030 code and nothing except the display would work. After I figured this out I had another code, E-008 which turned out to be the wheel diameter. With this code everything worked except for the odo. I had changed this setting over to 22.2" as per the measurement posted by Bxg on p11 but it seemed to create a problem since I had also changed to kms instead of miles but it all worked out okay when I changed everything back to default and then changed one thing at a time and followed Darceman's advice on p31 to press both the up and down arrows to back out of the settings menu which saves your settings. After this I finally got to start my ride but 12 kms into the ride my pedal fell off! I could not put the pedal back on since threads were damaged so used throttle only to get back home, love that option! I re-tapped the threads and tightened it up using Loktite this time (on both pedals, the other one was still tight) and checked it a few times during my ride and it has stayed tight so far. After all of this my ride went pretty good but I will have to adjust the derailleur since the shifting is wonky and it sometimes shifts by itself or I have to go up and down a couple of times to find the gear I want. After a while I just stopped shifting and used the PAS settings and the throttle and had no trouble at all. The brakes now work better so I think they just needed to bed in a bit, maybe there was some crap from the factory that was interfering with how they are supposed to work? I had planned to ride until my battery died but only made it to 36kms when I ran out of time and had to quit. (this does not include my earlier 12kms, the 36 kms was starting out with a fresh battery) During this ride I used the throttle almost exclusively for starting and used mostly level 1&2 for the first part of the ride but went up to level 5 on some hills. When I saw that I was running out of time faster than I was running out of battery I started to use level 3 and after I got home I still had 4 bars left. Not very scientific for distance but if enough of us post our mileage we can get a pretty good idea of what to expect from these bikes. Other things I did today was install my mirror and add white reflective tape over the Lectric branding, both for side safety and to make the bike look a little less like an electric bike. One of the features that I like about this bike is the hidden battery since it is too easy to rip off a battery that is in the open on your frame, it also makes it look more like a folding bike and maybe not so much like an electric bike so maybe it won't be such a target for theft? One can always hope and dream! I also put 1/2" closed cell foam on the end of my battery which stopped the rattling on my bike. I tried to use the plastic piece from the packing box like Darceman did but couldn't get it into the frame with the battery, maybe our frames are a fraction of an inch different in size? The next things I added were my water bottle holder from Dollerama and my panniers. These panniers are tall enough to hold our battery and are completely waterproof as they are made of rubber and are built like the dry bags you use for kayaking or canoeing. These are the Rhinowalk 25L bags from Amazon and at $55 bucks are quite the steal (in my humble opinion). One other thing, my paint seems to be very poor quality and easily chips off whenever something hits it or even when I am locking it up with my rubber coated lock. Has anyone else noticed this?

PLEASE never make a post like again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I did not read it

I have sore eyes reading this..... kept getting lost

Back