Lectric XP

I'm using a zoom suspension seat post under 28 bucks on eBay I'm sure there are better and more expensive ones but this one and lowering the tires psi to 15 lbs works fine for me...View attachment 37345
My girlfriend bought the SunTour I have tried it it makes a huge difference and is easy to adjust she bought one 350 mm long I would suggest looking for the 400 mm long one it gives you more room for adjustment. Hers is so nice I have ordered one. Buy it on AliExpress it's the best price. You have to look for 400mm but it's there.

So as previously mentioned I didn't like the battery rattling inside the frame housing. I purchased some 1/8 thick wood to see if that would work as a shim to put in the bottom between the battery and frame. Needless to say it was too thick. I then cut up a old plastic bin that I had. Still too thick. But if you look inside the cardboard box that the bikes came in there is two plastic pieces stuck to the side of the box for protection on vital parts. One of them is the perfect thickness. I put it between the battery and the frame and slid the battery in. It's on the side not the bottom WOW problem solved. No clunk no rattle.

Attachments

• 20190827_133859.jpg
    20190827_133859.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 425
So as previously mentioned I didn't like the battery rattling inside the frame housing. I purchased some 1/8 thick wood to see if that would work as a shim to put in the bottom between the battery and frame. Needless to say it was too thick. I then cut up a old plastic bin that I had. Still too thick. But if you look inside the cardboard box that the bikes came in there is two plastic pieces stuck to the side of the box for protection on vital parts. One of them is the perfect thickness. I put it between the battery and the frame and slid the battery in. It's on the side not the bottom WOW problem solved. No clunk no rattle.
Fantastic, thank you for that hint. Just got my email a few minutes ago saying the bike is on its way, can't wait. Thanks again for all the info.

Darceman, I sure want to thank you for the setup posts you have posted. The one on your girlfriends not shifting, derailer guard bent, sure narrowed my troubleshoot to nothing, went right to it instead of scratching my head. My headgear was a little crooked, went right to that too. Thanks for making my job easier in 100 degree heat.

You're welcome glad someone appreciates my OCD
Now I'm going to come up with a way to mount the fender brackets to the inside of the fender instead of the outside. I think if I use a acorn nuts on the outside and put the bracket on the inside it will look way better

Ok I got my bike today. FedEx placed the box outside the condo in the main entrance, not nice and no safe either.
I'm charging the battery at this very moment.
I think that I got unit from the prototype batch. But I'm not sure. Can someone tell me what's the diagonal of the computer screen?
I have some missing parts and some different parts. Check the photos. Also my fenders are made of steel, not alloy/aluminum.

Attachments

• 20190827_141115.jpg
    20190827_141115.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 540
  • 20190827_141126.jpg
    20190827_141126.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 543
  • 20190827_141155.jpg
    20190827_141155.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 529
  • 20190827_141331.jpg
    20190827_141331.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 518
Last edited:
Ok I got my bike today. FedEx placed the box outside the condo in the main entrance, not nice and no safe either.
I think that I got unit from the prototype batch. But I'm not sure. Can someone tell me what's the diagonal of the computer screen?
I have some missing parts and some different parts. Check the photos.
Yes you're missing the derailer bracket...not that a big deal worth two bucks and your screen looks just like mine on your computer and your headlight looks slightly different not sure about the rest...

Type Lectric XP in YouTube search

I founds 2 new videos I hadn't seen, but neither one was very helpful or insightful or told me anything I didn't know. 10 minutes each of "we got them, we like them" gushing. Still and all, the bikes are getting out there and people are impressed. I really also have to say I grudgingly admire their marketing/promotional strategy. Populating Youtube with videos from RV channels and "free" online reviewers is rather smart and, I would guess, cost effective. I remember someone asking on this forum for Court to review them, but I am willing to surmise that they will have no need to pay Court's "promotional fee" to get positive reviews.

The wait goes on....

EDIT: It is also not clear who gets to keep the bikes and who doesn't. The only people I've seen have the bikes taken from them were Squeaky Voice and her husband - and it was her birthday! The transparency of this strategy, in other words, leaves a little to be desired. I do look forward to seeing some of the knowledgeable people on this thread put up their reviews/impressions/videos.

Last edited:
pretor
Same screen I have. My fenders are also steel, I have seen others saying the same thing. I have not heard of anyone receiving aluminum fenders Here is a photo of the missing derailer guard. This is the part on mine that was bent in stopping the derailer from shifting past 5th gear. Pulled it out worked great and don't have to get the derailer aligned. Photo shows the derailer hitting the guard for others that may need the fix.

Attachments

• 2019-08-27 16.26.43.jpg
    2019-08-27 16.26.43.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 474
Last edited:
I have some missing parts and some different parts. Check the photos. Also my fenders are made of iron (magnet responsive) no alloy/aluminum.

Somewhere in this old brain of mine is a recollection that the prototypes had a level of pedal assist other than 5 (can't remember if was 3 or 9). Maybe if you turn the bike on and you have an assist level that is not 5, it might be a prototype.

Same screen I have. My fenders are also steel, I have seen others saying the same thing. Here is a photo of the missing derailer guard. This is the part on mine that was bent in stopping the derailer from shifting past 5th gear. Pulled it out worked great and don't have to get the derailer aligned.
From the last video posted on YouTube on Lectric channel the screen seems bigger that's why a want to know the measurements of the other versions.

Back