Lectric XP

I think two well-placed peel and stick rubber dots would solve the rattle issues and look better as well.
You don't see it...so I wouldn't worry about what it looks like..I tried sticking something to the battery...it just tears off.the battery as it's very tight fit going in to the frame.. Also if you read further down in my ramblings I have suggested using the plastic that protects the derailer that's inside the box it fits perfectly nice and snug in between the battery in the frame it's tight to go in but works great..the plywood idea didn't work as 1/8 inch was too thick..

You don't see it...so I wouldn't worry about what it looks like..I tried sticking something to the battery...it just tears off.the battery as it's very tight fit going in to the frame.. Also if you read further down in my ramblings I have suggested using the plastic that protects the derailer that's inside the box it fits perfectly nice and snug in between the battery in the frame it's tight to go in but works great..the plywood idea didn't work as 1/8 inch was too thick..

The sticky dot reply was for the fenders but I like the idea of a nylon washer even better. When my bikes arrive, I'll try some of that shipping material just as you did. In other projects involving tight clearances and vibrations I have successfully used a few well-placed pieces of industrial Velcro, just the fuzzy side. This stuff is compressible and it's sticks like mad.

Range/mileage Reports Appreciated.

Like many of you, I'm excited about the Lectric XP. I was pretty much set to buy 2 RadMini's next month. I see actual owner confirmations of Rad's advertised 25-45 mile range, depending of course on assist levels, with the 672 Whr battery.

I see that Lectric advertises 25-50 mile range with a 500 Whr battery. The only report I have seen on actual reported range was 9, 19 and 14 miles. I think it was from KevCentral, and he admitted that he has a lead foot (lead hand?)

So any reports on actual range would be greatly appreciated, now that several of you have received your bikes.

Would really appreciate if someone can share some info on the real world travel range. My decision for a spare battery is on hold.

Ok, here's my bike tricked out with new bag and the seat from my other bike. I like the seat allot better but haven't done a long ride yet. I think the bag colors match pretty good. Amazon, $19. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00T3V1C5Y?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Would really appreciate if someone can share some info on the real world travel range. My decision for a spare battery is on hold.

I think the best answer to your question about range would be to extrapolate from the LX specs and compare range of other bikes with similar specs. I would simply say that if you want to go more than 40-50 miles on a single ride, you should absolutely get the second battery. A battery for the XP costs $299 from Lectric, which I think is really inexpensive. With a 500W motor, a 48V 10.4aH battery, I would think 50 miles would be an absolute limit based on ranges of similarly spec'ed ebikes. That would be with no throttle, 2-3 PAS, no extra weight and level terrain. Range is such a variable thing that, if you have any range anxiety at all, invest in the second battery. Even if someone did do a range test to give you a more definitive answer, THEIR range limit may not be YOUR range limit.

I think the best answer to your question about range would be to extrapolate from the LX specs and compare range of other bikes with similar specs. I would simply say that if you want to go more than 40-50 miles on a single ride, you should absolutely get the second battery. A battery for the XP costs $299 from Lectric, which I think is really inexpensive. With a 500W motor, a 48V 10.4aH battery, I would think 50 miles would be an absolute limit based on ranges of similarly spec'ed ebikes. That would be with no throttle, 2-3 PAS, no extra weight and level terrain. Range is such a variable thing that, if you have any range anxiety at all, invest in the second battery. Even if someone did do a range test to give you a more definitive answer, THEIR range limit may not be YOUR range limit.

The nice thing is that on PAS 0, the range is unlimited. LOL there are reviews posted where people have gone 25 miles on PAS I below 15 miles an hour with nearly 50% of the battery left.
I found spare batteries on AliExpress for $250 while lectric has them for $300. If you are going to go with a spare battery I would recommend purchasing one thru Lectric. In my opinion, Lectric is not gouging the consumer on accessories. A $50 premium is a reasonable price to pay to guarantee genuine batteries, warranty and support. Keep in mind, each battery has its own unique key.

I love that bag! The seat, however, looks like it might do some damage where the sun don't shine! ;)
Looks that way, but no. Like i said, i have a love/hate relationship with bike seats. They feel great at first, but after 10 miles... Not so much. I've tried many styles, I find that cushy gel seats are the worst for long rides. A firm saddle with a long cutout may not feel like an armchair, but after 10 or 15 miles, it still feels the same. No pain or numbness. Seats are a very personal choice and i won't suggest that what i like will work for anyone else. Just pay attention to how you feel after many miles.

I went ahead and placed my pre-order on 08/24/2019 for a black Lectric XP, a spare XP battery and the free pannier (thanks to KevCentral). My order #4548 September shipping is currently unfulfilled. I can't wait to receive it but I am enjoying reading everyone else's reviews as they arrive. You guys are providing us a lot of useful information that'll be helpful once I receive mine. Thanks for the pics and the accessories recommended too!

I too would be interested in real world range tests but realize ymmv. I ordered the spare battery as the price ($300) is less than the Qualisports Dolphin battery ($450) I was cross shopping with. My intention is to alternate between the two batteries to extend the real world range and split the charges while having a spare charged battery ready to go after I've drained the main one. At 7 lbs I can even take the spare battery with me if need be. With cooler weather on the way (fall and winter) I expect battery range to be cut in half. I will be bringing the batteries indoors to keep them at room temperature for best cool weather performance.

A lower cost higher capacity battery would be awesome! Can't wait for that to happen.

We received ours on Tuesday and we LOVE them! I have not ridden a bike in YEARS (my husband and I are 63), and I have had partial knee replacement as well as a recent mid foot fusion surgery, so I was a bit nervous. But these bikes make me feel like I can do anything. We do not have issues with the batteries rattling. However, my hubby did spend a good bit of time last night tweaking the bikes so the gears shifted correctly (sorry, I don't know all the technical names of things). I realized during our ride yesterday evening that mine was not shifting into higher gears. I was still enjoying the experience, though, and now I am excited to enjoy it even more!

If the increase in price for Sept 1 is all over the internet, it looks like the increase in orders will sky rocket in the next few days just as they did in June with KevCentral's youtube video and the RV'ers videos released. There could be several "slow" boats" from China on their way which will probably slow shipping up as it did for the June orders. I hope not, just sharing what happened with the introduction and now the price increase. Those that are on the fence, now is the time to get ahead of the line. The procrastinators will probably make the line very long.
After receiving my bike, I don't think I could have found a better built bike for the money.

The nice thing is that on PAS 0, the range is unlimited. LOL there are reviews posted where people have gone 25 miles on PAS I below 15 miles an hour with nearly 50% of the battery left.
I found spare batteries on AliExpress for $250 while lectric has them for $300. If you are going to go with a spare battery I would recommend purchasing one thru Lectric. In my opinion, Lectric is not gouging the consumer on accessories. A $50 premium is a reasonable price to pay to guarantee genuine batteries, warranty and support. Keep in mind, each battery has its own unique key.
I purchased a spare battery through Lectric, like you said the price is very reasonable, and have to agree, you are also getting the guarantee of a genuine battery and you know it will fit and the key will work. Never heard of the battery company that AliExpress sells, for only $50.00 more it's worth getting the guarantee of a real battery, but hey that's just my feelings on it, if it's worth the risk to others out there than by all means go for it, it's your money.

Still waiting.......got a message they are working on the second shipment for the August ones. Order #2603....please ship. I’m in Minnesota and snow season will be arriving soon😳.

We received the tracking numbers last night with an ETA of 8/29. Nice long holiday weekend will be a great time to get aquainted.

I was a bit concerned they were going to use FedEx Ground which would have added 5-7 days to get it here.

We received the tracking numbers last night with an ETA of 8/29. Nice long holiday weekend will be a great time to get aquainted.

I was a bit concerned they were going to use FedEx Ground which would have added 5-7 days to get it here.
Do you know what your order number is? Wondering if they are sending by that number?

Still waiting.......got a message they are working on the second shipment for the August ones. Order #2603....please ship. I’m in Minnesota and snow season will be arriving soon😳.
Same here, Wisconsin for me. Just checked this morning on mine, label is made but FedEx has not received yet, saying 8/30 delivery, keeping my fingers crossed, I have all next week off, sure would be a great way to end the summer up here in the north.

Back