Lectric XP

Thanks to those who already have their bikes for continuing to post. Your posts/experiences help the rest of us still waiting to know what's going on and what to expect. I'm in the late Aug group and check this forum often to see what the progress is. Could other late Aug people post their order numbers and let us know when Lectric contacts you with your fedex date etc so we can figure out what order, if any, these bikes are being sent. I ordered 2 on July 9th (#2539 & #2537) and have not yet received any communication from Lectric about my bikes. Hoping something happens in the next few days. Thanks!

Just an FYI...My derailleur guard was bent causing the gear shifter not to go higher than 3rd gear had to manually bend it out. The gears still do not shift from 5th through 7th. Customer support sends me a youtube video on how to adjust. Tried and not working right. Insisting I get authorization to take it to a bike shop. I shouldn't have to deal with this.

Last edited:
@brobox
Dang. I was living in denial & really hoping they'd be here tomorrow!

Reality (FedEx isn't showing they've received the bikes yet) has set in. :(
Then you in line at Lectric processing center waiting to go to FedEx could be a few days, could be a week. Labels have to go on 1,000 bikes, they cannot all be put on at one time and they cannot all show up at FedEx at the same time.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a lock? How about a locking strategy?

They're expensive (appropriate for an ebike I think), but I like the looks of the Abus Granit X-Plus 540 and the Abus Bordo Granit 6500 locks.

Is there space to go around the rear wheel and a frame member and enough reach to connect to a bike rack?
This is the one I got: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006QN0MI0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
but I dont plan on leaving it for long and I dont live in a sketchy area. it's heavy as hell. I had doubts that a U-lock would work for this bike and I wont use a cable. I dont think this 10mm chain can be cut with bolt cutters and if it could, they'd have to be like 36" long. you can grind em, but that would take a while and make much noise (and I think it would need two cuts). Here's the video that sold me:

This is the one I got: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006QN0MI0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
but I dont plan on leaving it for long and I dont live in a sketchy area. it's heavy as hell. I had doubts that a U-lock would work for this bike and I wont use a cable. I dont think this 10mm chain can be cut with bolt cutters and if it could, they'd have to be like 36" long. you can grind em, but that would take a while and make much noise (and I think it would need two cuts). Here's the video that sold me:
Looks good. Also looks heavy...

Just an FYI...My derailleur guard was bent causing the gear shifter not to go higher than 3rd gear had to manually bend it out. The gears still do not shift from 5th through 7th. Customer support sends me a youtube video on how to adjust. Tried and not working right. Insisting I get authorization to take it to a bike shop. I shouldn't have to deal with this.
Good head up, I think many of them were. Both of mine were, one of the first things to check if not shifting past 4th or 5th gear

Another question for the xp owners out there, is there room on the handle bars for a cell phone holder?
Barely. I'm returning the one I got for mine because it looks cramped. Now I ordered 3 of those bags that go down on the central part of the bike frame as an option. Will see.

But he didn't do PAS1
Correct, and he said he had a lead foot (lead hand), but owners of the RadMini have reported 32 miles at level 5 and, so hopefully some owners of the Lectric XP will chime in with more data points than 14 miles with throttle only on the XP which is less than half the RadMini.

Last edited:
Not trying to be argumentive, just my experience of 18 years in the mail order business. When a product has traveled 7,500 miles by ship and another 2 to 3,000 miles by FedEx, shipping damage is going to happen. A bike can be purchased from a retail dealer, he received the bikes with the same problems and fixed them. He charges upwards of $2,000. for that service and comparable product. I expected a few problems with mine at only $899 with no dealer involved. I have a brake cable I can't keep seated, but I'll get it figured out. I fix it, but as soon as I use it, it pops out again. I'll get it worked out.

Attachments

• 2019-08-27 13.13.41.jpg
    2019-08-27 13.13.41.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 578
Not trying to be argumentive, just my experience of 18 years in the mail order business. When a product has traveled 7,500 miles by ship and another 2 to 3,000 miles by FedEx, shipping damage is going to happen. A bike can be purchased from a retail dealer, he received the bikes with the same problems and fixed them. He charges upwards of $2,000. for that service and comparable product. I expected a few problems with mine at only $899 with no dealer involved. I have a brake cable I can't keep seated, but I'll get it figured out. I fix it, but as soon as I use it, it pops out again. I'll get it worked out.
Agree all the way, luckily I do have a fare amount of mechanical skills so not really thinking it's going to be a big deal unless something is actually broken off or damaged beyond repair, but tightening some nuts and screws and a few adjustments, not a big deal.

Ok I got my bike today. FedEx placed the box outside the condo in the main entrance, not nice and no safe either.
I'm charging the battery at this very moment.
I think that I got unit from the prototype batch. But I'm not sure. Can someone tell me what's the diagonal of the computer screen?
I have some missing parts and some different parts. Check the photos. Also my fenders are made of steel, not alloy/aluminum.
You got a front reflector and the headlight lucky you LOL

Totally understand shipping issues. And I'm very mechanically inclined but going through the video they sent me on how to adjust it's just not working . So I'm on my way to the bike shop as we speak. Lectric will take care of any out of pocket expense so that's a good thing. 👍

Correct, and he said he had a lead foot (lead hand), but owners of the RadMini have reported 32 miles at level 5 and, so hopefully some owners of the Lectric XP will chime in with more data points than 14 miles with throttle only on the XP which is less than half the RadMini.
Also didn't have recent OS/production bike

Thanks for the pic

Back